ADVERTISEMENT

Vote to legalize dope

Looks like Oklahoma voted no
The precinct over which I was the inspector voted appr 137-99 in BA, across the street from Rhema.

In the middle of the day my friend asked me if my voters all looked like stoners.

I told her they all looked like Stoners/jets & anti stoners/sharks. That pretty much summed up the results.

Reactions: TULSARISING
The precinct over which I was the inspector voted appr 137-99 in BA, across the street from Rhema.

In the middle of the day my friend asked me if my voters all looked like stoners.

I told her they all looked like Stoners/jets & anti stoners/sharks. That pretty much summed up the results.
The pro legalization side didn't get folks out to vote. Current state has so many cannabis stores already it is hard to make the case for better access.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
My precinct was probably a little less inclined than the average precinct to pass it,(cuz it was around Rhema) If so, then not passing by 4% or so,(give or take) is much better than the alcohol laws did for a couple of elections. Haven't checked the polls to see if mine was more or less inclined than the state though.

Last edited:
We basically have defacto recreational weed now imo. Most the people I know have a card or at the very least a family member with a card. Suppose some particulars would have changed. Not sure how much the law’s passage would have actually affected access.

We basically have defacto recreational weed now imo. Most the people I know have a card or at the very least a family member with a card. Suppose some particulars would have changed. Not sure how much the law’s passage would have actually affected access.
I don't know anyone with a card but it is probably just a general lack of interest. My few experiences with marijuana in my younger years were uniformly unpleasant and I make my dislike pretty clear. But I don't like coconut either but wouldn't prohibit others from consuming it.

I have sister who has a card, a brother who has her get him stuff. I could get stuff off her and many of my friends, But I wouldn't need to if I had the desire. If I wanted to get it, all I would have to do is walk into multiple medical weed stores, & have a zoom appt with a dr they have do appts all day long. I cough twice, and say I'm having anxiety and or panic attacks. He/she then charges me $75 bucks for a 5 min appt and issues me a medical marijuana card. Clap hands up, clap hands down, all through.

I'd rather have a drink. I smoke every once in a while, but that doesn't float my boat 97% of the time. It would become legal in name only. It is already free range out there, due to no real regulation.

I voted yes, but I'm not surprised that it failed. I have a medical card, which works fine for me.

The medical card reminds me of the days before liquor-by-the-drink. You would have to be a "member of the bar" to buy set-ups. They would even slap a sticker on a bottle with your name on it to prove you were a member.

The rural areas have "cannabis fatigue." All but Tulsa and Oklahoma counties voted no.

I'm a little surprised my precinct was more in favor of it(by 5%) than the overall percentage of the state. Maybe rural areas were more conservative than an area around Rhema.

My personal opinion is those who need it, can get it. Those who want it don't have to try hard. I didn't vote on it though because I didn't see the point. It's a want at this point and not a need. Those who want can go vote. I don't partake.

I'm a little surprised my precinct was more in favor of it(by 5%) than the overall percentage of the state. Maybe rural areas were more conservative than an area around Rhema.
A lot of rural Oklahoma ( especially farmers ) are tired of seeing all of the Chinese farms buy up a lot of the farmland around them . The smell is pretty strong too, a lot of people don’t care to be right beside them like a lot of ranchers are

The pro legalization side didn't get folks out to vote. Current state has so many cannabis stores already it is hard to make the case for better access.
Funny because the pro side had 20 times the money of the neg side...

I think the pro supporters were too stoned to get to the polls..

A lot of rural Oklahoma ( especially farmers ) are tired of seeing all of the Chinese farms buy up a lot of the farmland around them . The smell is pretty strong too, a lot of people don’t care to be right beside them like a lot of ranchers are
I dont like the grow down the road from me that looks like an armed camp (guys walking around openly with AKs).. they drill multiple unpermitted water wells and use more water than a subdivision..

Reactions: TULSARISING
I dont like the grow down the road from me that looks like an armed camp (guys walking around openly with AKs).. they drill multiple unpermitted water wells and use more water than a subdivision..
So they’re not using sustainable farming methods.

I guess the surrounding states can warn visitors appropriately after yesterday’s vote.

Oklahoma - 50 miles ahead, 50 years behind

• Wow
Reactions: watu05
New AG Drummond has pledged to shut down the illegal grow operations. They hurt the reputation of the industry and penalize growers trying to play by the rules.

The two-year moratorium on new grow and dispensary licenses is probably needed. The medical era started like the Oklahoma Land Run for cannabis, except the "Sooners" are from all over the globe.

I'm pretty sure the number of dispensaries will decrease. A lot of people thought a dispensary would earn money hand over fist. Some, including two bearing the name of a prominent eye doctor, have already shut down. The ones willing or able to tough it out will prosper.

I apparently work with a bunch of stoners :)
For all I know several of my acquaintances have cards and simply don't bring it up around me due to my obvious lack of interest (and avoiding too much socializing)!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT