ADVERTISEMENT

uTA

Haith is starting to leave guys in when they find a rhythm a little bit. Horne with a nice stretch. If Horne, Joiner and Korita can combine for 20-25 every night we’ll be OK. Igbanu, Taplin and Jeffries have to go for 35+ between them.

Defense a lot more active in the 2nd half.

Reactions: I.I.
Reading this thread, it would be hard to believe we won by 14 points. Great game by Jeffries. We needed this win, with 3 tough games ahead.

This team is slow
UTA looked quicker
Glad Jeffries was hitting those 3s
If he doesn’t shoot lights out it’s a different game

Looks like we got crushed on the boards, 42-28 and they had 17 offensive rebounds. Did we get manhandled underneath?

This team is slow
UTA looked quicker
Glad Jeffries was hitting those 3s
If he doesn’t shoot lights out it’s a different game

You REALLY want TU to fail don’t you? What a completely idiotic ridiculous take. If TU didn’t win they would have lost, amazing!

Just as good as Tulsa talent wise But a little more athletic
UTA had a couple quick guards, but that was it. Overall, Tulsa was bigger and stronger, and it showed in the second half. I think UTA has some decent pieces and will finish higher than their preseason pick in that conference.
I think tulsa is slower than last year And their perimeter d is just as bad
Tulsa held UTA to 3-of-20 (15%) from beyond the arc. In UTA's first six games, they were averaging 7 made threes per game.
No shooters
DaQuan Jeffries was 10-of-11 from the field and 4-of-5 from three-point range. Korita was 4-of-9 and 2-of-5 (40%) from three. Joiner hit 3-of-4 from beyond the arc.
No difference maker except taplin
Jeffries put up 24 points, as Taplin only had 4 points while playing with an injury. Joiner had 11 points and 4 assists in 23 minutes. Korita and Igbanu both chipped in 10.
Scott and korita would not play for Loyola Chicago or Illinois State
Korita was a beast. Played 36 minutes and kept TU in the game in the first half. Finished with 10 points, 5 rebounds, 2 steals and 2 assists...with no turnovers. Haith talked about Korita in our game recap.

UTA had a couple quick guards, but that was it. Overall, Tulsa was bigger and stronger, and it showed in the second half. I think UTA has some decent pieces and will finish higher than their preseason pick in that conference.

Tulsa held UTA to 3-of-20 (15%) from beyond the arc. In UTA's first six games, they were averaging 7 made threes per game.

DaQuan Jeffries was 10-of-11 from the field and 4-of-5 from three-point range. Korita was 4-of-9 and 2-of-5 (40%) from three. Joiner hit 3-of-4 from beyond the arc.

Jeffries put up 24 points, as Taplin only had 4 points while playing with an injury. Joiner had 11 points and 4 assists in 23 minutes. Korita and Igbanu both chipped in 10.

Korita was a beast. Played 36 minutes and kept TU in the game in the first half. Finished with 10 points, 5 rebounds, 2 steals and 2 assists...with no turnovers. Haith talked about Korita in our game recap.
Keep slapping Original down with facts!

Nothing brings posters together like one massive dbag who pisses everyone off.

I can feel the holiday cheer flowing through everyone but him.

Reactions: tupatsfan
I have had my doubts about coaching as well, but that does not mean I am not at every game cheering them on, we have potential to be a very dangerous team, I think OSU is in trouble come Wednesday night next week

I have had my doubts about coaching as well, but that does not mean I am not at every game cheering them on, we have potential to be a very dangerous team, I think OSU is in trouble come Wednesday night next week

I think that’s the issue here. No one is saying someone can’t be critical, just that if you’re going to be critical, at least know what you’re talking about.

Reactions: TULSARISING
I think that’s the issue here. No one is saying someone can’t be critical, just that if you’re going to be critical, at least know what you’re talking about.
Exactly , you can be critical without being a jerk, it's every time with him, never anything positive. That was not the best team in the world we beat last night, but they were not bad either.

I'd rather take down KState.

Wasn't really trying to slap him down...just wanted to provide some info that might help him see things from a different angle.
He needed to be slapped down and he's been on the board enough that we all know he isn't really interested in facts that go counter to his "TU Sucks" life motto

they destroyed us on the boards first half but it was a wash second half.

Still not getting block outs on the weak side.

JR Rollo commented on it. Discussed how TU acts as if they can just go get a ball instead of putting a body on someone.

I think Barnes is trying too hard at times, which ends in him getting out of
control. I think it will take him about half the season to really start getting
comfortable.
Good tough player, but still needs work....He turns it over too much, and
so far, hasn't hit those mid-range shots that he has an uncanny ability to
get open for....Like Henderson before him, I think the half season you are
talking about will make a world of difference....

Horne seemed to be considerably more involved than in previous games..
When he chooses to mix it up, he showed he can be a tough rebounder...
Of the three things that have dogged us so far(rebounding, consistent 3
pt. shooting, and turnovers), he could certainly be a partial solution to
@ least two of those....

The most pleasant surprise so far? Joiner playing point like a point guard...
It seems that more and more, he is seeing the game through the eyes of
a play maker...Behind Tap, he may be the best guard on the team....That's
really good news for the rest of this season, and the two seasons to come...

Last edited:
Coach said in pre game show he hadn’t figured out the right combinations yet?????????..It’s getting late to decide who can play.

Yes, and I have been as critical of the 10 player rotation as anyone...On
the other hand, he has four new players (Falocun, Barnes, Moore, and Horne),
who are in different stages of development, and he needs at least three of
them to be contributors....Given their histories, their adjustment periods may
be similar to those we have seen with JUCOs historically.....

From a coaching standpoint, there is definitely two sides to the coin....Maybe,
the experimental stage is about over, and we will see more normal rotations....
Let's hope so!

Reactions: TU4ever2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT