ADVERTISEMENT

đź“ť Larry Lewis Game Recap -- TU defeats Oklahoma Christian in exhibition

Reed the article to see coach Konkol's and Cobe Williams' comments. By the way, Cobe Williams is worth the price of admission. He is going to be really fun to watch. Overall, this is a talented team. May take a little time to gel, but the favorable opening schedule will help.

Reactions: eastcane
Thanks for the article Larry and your comments. We seem to have much more talent than in previous years, but the talent is young and inexperienced. This schedule is just what we need.

There will be periods where we’re disappointed with the results but it should be an exciting year, as we watch the youngsters develop. Cobe is what we need to direct this team. It will be interesting, when Willis returns, to see how he, Haggerty and Cobe play together.

Willis and Cobe’s familiarity with each other should be a calming force going forward. I can’t wait to watch all of them improve as the season progresses.

Reactions: eastcane
My expectation is that our main 4 subs minutes are going to go down by around 30% initially. Garcia might have to watch his fouls. He had 3 fouls in 24 min against non D1 bigs. Will be nice when Willis can take up some of those sub minutes and give our guards some relief. Our 3pt shooting should get a boost when Willis comes back. Our rebounding will get a boost when the sub minutes go down. It was mostly our starters that were rebounding better than the subs. (Not that this will help a ton, considering that we were working against a non D1 squad.) I have a feeling that McWright won't be playing much when Willis comes back, and Archie's minutes could go down a little. (McWright only in for 6 min against OCU)

Too bad we don't have a star big coming back from injury, and playing in that thirteenth spot. We'll just have to wait on Keita & Hall to mature this season.

Last edited:
My expectation is that our main 4 subs minutes are going to go down by around 30% initially. Garcia might have to watch his fouls. He had 3 fouls in 24 min against non D1 bigs. Will be nice when Willis can take up some of those sub minutes and give our guards some relief. Our 3pt shooting should get a boost when Willis comes back. Our rebounding will get a boost when the sub minutes go down. It was mostly our starters that were rebounding better than the subs. (Not that this will help a ton, considering that we were working against a non D1 squad.) I have a feeling that McWright won't be playing much when Willis comes back, and Archie's minutes could go down a little. (McWright only in for 6 min against OCU)

Too bad we don't have a star big coming back from injury, and playing in that thirteenth spot. We'll just have to wait on Keita & Hall to mature this season.
McWright only played 6 minutes because he was injured in the first half. From what I heard on the radio he’s probably going through concussion protocol.

McWright only played 6 minutes because he was injured in the first half. From what I heard on the radio he’s probably going through concussion protocol.
That's right I forgot about that when I was looking over the stats. My bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT