ADVERTISEMENT

Francis

Not flashy, but he has:

1. leadership
2. poise in the pocket
3. mobility
4. good arm
5. good vision, goes through progressions

He’s forced the ball in double coverage a few times for interceptions. It will be interesting to see if the other two QB’s hit the portal.

Dane Evans was not as polished as this young man is. Evans turned into a very good college quarterback.

Reactions: 4tu2 and TU Sepp
Give the coaching staff time to work with him. He made some really good decisions today and one bad one. That is the learning process. He will be a very good QB but still a work in progress.

Not flashy, but he has:

1. leadership
2. poise in the pocket
3. mobility
4. good arm
5. good vision, goes through progressions

He’s forced the ball in double coverage a few times for interceptions. It will be interesting to see if the other two QB’s hit the portal.

Dane Evans was not as polished as this young man is. Evans turned into a very good college quarterback.

But he's not from Texas, haha.
Braxton and Williams are from Texas.

Braxton and Williams are not even close in talent. Braxton should be able to get a gig at the FCS level.

He also runs at right times and avoids the rush he is uncanny at that he is the best quarterback we have I am impressed could be an all American in a few years.

He will learn not to force a pass when it isn’t there. But as a true frosh, unbelievable poise and presence.

He’s gotten too cute with it a couple times, but his touch and ability to fit the ball over the top of defenders in his throwing lanes is impressive. Dane Evans never figured that out and Francis is doing it as a true freshman

Williams and Francis will see plenty of time at QB next year. Braxton, not so much.

This is Francis team unless the coaches bring in upper classmen. This offense need to be tweaked to either power running game or true spread offense. I like to see the offense use two TE and 3 WR set as base offense.
No offense to Williams or Francis, but we really need improvement at QB. I don’t think we should think about going into next season with either of them feeling they’re guaranteed to lead the offense. I would really like to see us bring someone in who pushes for the starting gig.

That being said Francis deserves a scholarship

I'm not sure these coaches can bring in a good QB to compete with Francis. Looking over the team's were playing next year and Francis show more promise. Tulsa just need to build around him and fix the defense.

Reactions: dougheffking
It’s not just the starters. We need replacements deep into the roster at certain positions due to graduation, attrition or a shockingly bad comedy of roster management the last two years of PM.

Doesn’t matter how good your starters are if they aren’t improving in practice against quality 2’s and scout teamers. And there will always be injury and fatigue issues.

No offense to Williams or Francis, but we really need improvement at QB. I don’t think we should think about going into next season with either of them feeling they’re guaranteed to lead the offense. I would really like to see us bring someone in who pushes for the starting gig.

That being said Francis deserves a scholarship
Well Spurrier Jr's QB from Miss St just hit the portal.

Well Spurrier Jr's QB from Miss St just hit the portal.
We shall see. Lebby is credited with rebuilding the OU NIL strategy. MSU said that played a role in the hire. He may show up with a fat check for Mr. Rogers. Their problem is Lady Elaine plays DB for them.

• Haha
Reactions: TU 1978 and TU_BLA
We shall see. Lebby is credited with rebuilding the OU NIL strategy. MSU said that played a role in the hire. He may show up with a fat check for Mr. Rogers. Their problem is Lady Elaine plays DB for them.
The only reason he would come here is PT if he was on the outs there.

Also Jake Rubley.
K-State is losing 3 QB’s to the portal. They say that Rivals 4-star Frosh Avery Johnson is really good and will be the starter next year. I would love to have Rubley wear a TU uniform. The last Rubley was pretty good. Lol
#########
After quarterbacks Will Howard, Jake Rubley and Adrian Lara all announced their intention to transfer on Monday, Avery Johnson is now officially K-State's starting quarterback. Why did they all leave? Avery Johnson is just that good.

K-State is losing 3 QB’s to the portal. They say that Rivals 4-star Frosh Avery Johnson is really good and will be the starter next year. I would love to have Rubley wear a TU uniform. The last Rubley was pretty good. Lol
#########
After quarterbacks Will Howard, Jake Rubley and Adrian Lara all announced their intention to transfer on Monday, Avery Johnson is now officially K-State's starting quarterback. Why did they all leave? Avery Johnson is just that good.
Howard is a nice QB. I thought he actually played really well in the Snowmageddon game on Saturday. Too bad KState's defense looked like the football equivalent of the bad news bears against Iowa State. He's going to be a hot commodity for someone in the portal.

I'd take Rubley and one other portal QB and let them battle it out here. I think Will Rogers is an interesting possibility here, familiar with our offense and the QB coach/OC. We'll see

I'm assuming Braxton is gone and I'm shocked I haven't seen his name on a Twitter announcement saying he's entered the portal yet. But I would fear what might happen with Williams if we take a portal QB. I think Williams has a ton of potential. He needs some major attention on his mechanics, especially when throwing on the run, which he seemed to do a lot of this past season. His throws were all over the place. What he lacks that Francis has, is that quick CPU to work through progressions. Francis just seemed to know where the open man would be whether that was the pre-snap read or just seeing how things developed once the ball snapped and he could read LB and S flows to know where the space was. I'm not sure Williams has that yet. I know it's early and Francis is still young, but he has some of that Brock Purdy in him. You don't expect much but somehow the offense keeps clicking and moving the ball downfield.

The tweaks to the offense that need to be made...we need more big play guys. We seemed to move the ball just fine but actually putting the ball in the end zone seemed like a problem.

#########
Ryan Rubley?

Reactions: HuffyCane
I should have said “the last Rubley (TJ) at TU was pretty good.”

He wasn't from TX, he was never going to see the field under Monty for that fact alone. To paraphrase If you're not from TX you're crap
Honestly struggled a bit in the only game where he had real PT.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT