ADVERTISEMENT

Pray For Israel 🇮🇱 🙏

It’s not often when you see protesters and counter protestors come together in mutual agreement :)

Both sides are incredibly dumb. Congratulations?

These are the same types of people that got hurt feelings about Bernie in 2016…. Then proceeded to screw themselves and their agenda in the Supreme Court for the foreseeable future because they didn’t dig Hillary.

Both sides are incredibly dumb. Congratulations?

These are the same types of people that got hurt feelings about Bernie in 2016…. Then proceeded to screw ....their agenda in the Supreme Court...
Its always funny when the unspoken truth is spoken..

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Liberals unwavering support of Muslims is one of the great ironies of life given their draconian views on LGBTQ, women’s rights, free speech, etc.. Basically every social issue Libs support.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Liberals unwavering support of Muslims is one of the great ironies of life given their draconian views on LGBTQ, women’s rights, free speech, etc.. Basically every social issue Libs support.
Much easier for conservatives to hate all minorities equally? /s

Much easier for conservatives to hate all minorities equally?
Much easier to deflect and make baseless accusations I assume? Again….why do libs support a group which hates LGBTQ people, doesn’t believe in women’s rights or even basic civil rights over a minority group which is far more in line with them in social issues? Simple hate?

Last edited:
Much easier to deflect and make baseless accusations I assume? Again….why do libs support a group which hates LGBTQ people, doesn’t believe in women’s rights or even basic civil rights over a minority group which is far more in line with them in social issues? Simple hate?
The point isn’t that liberals support Muslims, it’s that they refuse to hate them quite as much as conservative Christians feel they should. I don’t have any affinity for Islam, but I also don’t have a substantial enough reason to go out of my way to hate Muslims either.

And my claim was not any more baseless than yours…. the KKK isn’t a notoriously progressive organization if you know what I mean.

I’m sure this a minority of the group who feels this way but not sure what they think this will accomplish. Republicans are just as supportive, if not more so, of Israel. I guess they want Trump back in office?

They can hate on Joe Biden's position all they want. It's not any where near worth all the strife that 4 more years of Trump will bring. They are just flat stupid about what will be the consequences of their protests.

The point isn’t that liberals support Muslims, it’s that they refuse to hate them quite as much as conservative Christians feel they should. I don’t have any affinity for Islam, but I also don’t have a substantial enough reason to go out of my way to hate Muslims either.

And my claim was not any more baseless than yours…. the KKK isn’t a notoriously progressive organization if you know what I mean.
Please read my post. That is not the point. The question is why do liberals support Muslims over Jews when they hate LGBTQ, women’s rights, as well as a whole host of social positions championed by the left? Hate probably isn’t even a strong enough word here.

Please read my post. That is not the point. The question is why do liberals support Muslims over Jews when they hate LGBTQ, women’s rights, as well as a whole host of social positions championed by the left? Hate probably isn’t even a strong enough word here.
No, the question is why do conservatives historically hate every single one of the groups you mentioned?

Muslims? Pretty sure they established that back in the Iran days…. It continued unabated through desert storm and beyond.

Jews? Conservatives (regardless of party affiliation) were keeping them out of country clubs back in the 50’s. Aryans with swastika tats are still showing up at Trump rallies to this day and were at Jan 6th.

LGBT? I can, today, go find a plethora of conservative Christians that hate these people just as much as the Muslims, and if given the opportunity would persecute them in the same fundamentalist ways.

I don’t need to hate Muslims 4,000 miles away because they don’t share my values…. I have enough bigots right here in the good old USA that don’t share my values.

Last edited:
Reactions: watu05
No, the question is why do conservatives historically hate every single one of the groups you mentioned?

Muslims? Pretty sure they established that back in the Iran days…. It continued unabated through desert storm and beyond.

Jews? Conservatives (regardless of party affiliation) were keeping them out of country clubs back in the 50’s. Aryans with swastika tats are still showing up at Trump rallies to this day and were at Jan 6th.

LGBT? I can, today, go find a plethora of conservative Christians that hate these people just as much as the Muslims, and if given the opportunity would persecute them in the same fundamentalist ways.

I don’t need to hate Muslims 4,000 miles away because they don’t share my values…. I have enough bigots right here in the good old USA that don’t share my values.
Still haven’t addressed my question so let’s do this one more time. Not sure how I can dumb it down anymore but here we go:

Again….why do libs support a group which hates LGBTQ people, doesn’t believe in women’s rights or even basic civil rights over a minority group which is far more in line with them on social issues? Simple hate

Still haven’t addressed my question so let’s do this one more time. Not sure how I can dumb it down anymore but here we go:

Again….why do libs support a group which hates LGBTQ people, doesn’t believe in women’s rights or even basic civil rights over a minority group which is far more in line with them on social issues? Simple hate
I’m not answering your question because I think the premise is false and I call it into question. Liberals in general do not “support” the group that you are saying they do. They don’t support one ethnic group over another. They do empathize with victims and criticize groups that commit atrocities.

It’s a loaded question, similar to me (theoretically) asking “Have you stopped beating your wife?”

Last edited:
I’m not answering your question because I think the premise is false and I call it into question. Liberals in general do not “support” the group that you are saying they do. They don’t support one ethnic group over another. They do empathize with victims and criticize groups that commit atrocities.

It’s a loaded question, similar to me (theoretically) asking “Have you stopped beating your wife?”
Gallup disagrees. Again….why?

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- After a decade in which Democrats have shown increasing affinity toward the Palestinians, their sympathies in the Middle East now lie more with the Palestinians than the Israelis, 49% versus 38%.

Today’s attitudes reflect an 11-percentage-point increase over the past year in Democrats’ sympathy with the Palestinians. At the same time, the percentages sympathizing more with the Israelis (38%) and those not favoring a side (13%) have dipped to new lows.

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- After a decade in which Democrats have shown increasing affinity toward the Palestinians, their sympathies in the Middle East now lie more with the Palestinians than the Israelis, 49% versus 38%.

Today’s attitudes reflect an 11-percentage-point increase over the past year in Democrats’ sympathy with the Palestinians. At the same time, the percentages sympathizing more with the Israelis (38%) and those not favoring a side (13%) have dipped to new lows.
Sympathy does not equal support, lack of sympathy does not equal hatred.

No matter what someone’s view on gay marriage is… (which Judaism isn’t particularly positive about either btw) I don’t think they should be blown up or shot.

I have a lack of sympathy for the Israeli government because their actions given their situation does not warrant sympathy.

If a murderer kills your wife is it judicial to kill his wife as well as his entire extended family? When you kill them, do they get to kill the rest of your extended family? Where does the bloodshed stop?

Last edited:
Reactions: watu05

Radicals who are now people of influence and have hollowed out the left's formerly prestigious institutions, continue to wear those institutions' dead carcasses to wield power and view everything through power dynamics. Their messaging is transmitted through the hard left ecosystem fairly efficiently. It doesn't matter that anti-colonialism is just picking an arbitrary point in time and saying "the second to last person to steal the land has a right to it." There is no good / bad side to this group outside of which set of winners they think needs to be taken down a peg at any particular moment.

Radicals who are now people of influence and have hollowed out the left's formerly prestigious institutions, continue to wear those institutions' dead carcasses to wield power and view everything through power dynamics. Their messaging is transmitted through the hard left ecosystem fairly efficiently. It doesn't matter that anti-colonialism is just picking an arbitrary point in time and saying "the second to last person to steal the land has a right to it." There is no good / bad side to this group outside of which set of winners they think needs to be taken down a peg at any particular moment.
Eye roll.

are the schools where protester are shutting down classes and graduation ceremonies still hosting spring sports?

Interesting that they ordered Al Jazeera shut down in Israel and raided it.

Interesting that they ordered Al Jazeera shut down in Israel and raided it.
Surprised it took Israel this long. Hopefully if they didn’t find the office was aiding Hamas or Hezbulloh they will allow it to reopen.

...Interesting that a large group of Israelis, living a few hundred miles (or fewer) from both the fighting in Gaza, as well as Hamas' terrorist attacks, are now calling for a ceasefire.

"We hope the world hears us and knows that the people of Israel are not the government of Israel," said one protester Shulamit Ron. "We don't agree with the policy, we don't agree with the way they behave, and we want to have a different future."

Judaism is not a monolith.

Surprised it took Israel this long. Hopefully if they didn’t find the office was aiding Hamas or Hezbulloh they will allow it to reopen.
It's the third time I believe. Egypt during an overthrow of their government, us/Iraq during our invasion of Iraq, now israel. Baharain & Saudia Arabia did it without any military actions going on.

...Interesting that a large group of Israelis, living a few hundred miles (or fewer) from both the fighting in Gaza, as well as Hamas' terrorist attacks, are now calling for a ceasefire.

"We hope the world hears us and knows that the people of Israel are not the government of Israel," said one protester Shulamit Ron. "We don't agree with the policy, we don't agree with the way they behave, and we want to have a different future."

Judaism is not a monolith.

Yeah every country has a profoundly naive element whose lack of fortitude, if it were to take hold in a majority, would threaten the survival of the country. They always provide solid propaganda for their enemies to use as is the case here.

Israel will not allow Hamas in Gaza during my lifetime. Hamas had to know this prior to its military action into Israel. I certainly did. They also had to know what Israel’s response would be as it related to Gaza.

Israel will not allow Hamas in Gaza during my lifetime. Hamas had to know this prior to its military action into Israel. I certainly did. They also had to know what Israel’s response would be as it related to Gaza.
They have some regional defense pacts/obligations, particularly with Egypt, that could influence such decisions, but generally this is right on.

Does anyone here ever check in with Israeli press to see the wide range of views that Israelis hold about Netanyahu's policies? Here's an example of an editorial piece from Haaretz the oldest daily in the country. Haaretz is liberal, highly respected and its editorial page reflects views and voices that we don't see in the US.
Over 60% were conservative, and 11% liberal last election. I'm sure that this war has swayed some minds, but I doubt that many. I doubt those views are held by more than a 25% of the population. Every country has liberals and conservatives, even beloved China. It's just a matter of percentages.

Does anyone here ever check in with Israeli press to see the wide range of views that Israelis hold about Netanyahu's policies? Here's an example of an editorial piece from Haaretz the oldest daily in the country. Haaretz is liberal, highly respected and its editorial page reflects views and voices that we don't see in the US.

Literally all the American press does is try to highlight those voices

If this thread has evidenced anything to me it’s simply a confirmation of my perception that American conservatives are happy to be human rights ignoring hawks when it’s convenient for them to be because the conflict aligns with their agenda and they’re fighting a handful of terror cells mixed in with a bunch of half starved women and kids they can bomb, but when actual sacrifice and difficulty is encountered (like in Ukraine) they tuck their tail.

Some might call it strategic…. Others might call it a bully’s cowardice.

• Haha
Reactions: noble cane
If this thread has evidenced anything to me it’s simply a confirmation of my perception that American conservatives are happy to be human rights ignoring hawks when it’s convenient for them to be because the conflict aligns with their agenda and they’re fighting a handful of terror cells mixed in with a bunch of half starved women and kids they can bomb, but when actual sacrifice and difficulty is encountered (like in Ukraine) they tuck their tail.

You lost me when you described 30k-40k soldiers as a “handful of terror cells”. Aside from your gross mischaracterization, I would hope most reasonable people would hope for peace in Gaza as well as Ukraine.

Where was this liberal courage when Putin took the Crimea and turned Syria into a puppet with a warm water Naval base?

That a whole lot of words when you could have just used a cry face emoji

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT