ADVERTISEMENT

Unofficial TU vs TU Game Thread

That dude had the yips. He's the best QB we've got based on what I've seen. And he's not bad when he's cool, calm, collected.
We had a bad half because coach Wilson did what everybody wanted and gave another QB 1/2 a chance. Then he went back to Francis.(because he's the best we had & offensive line was the problem) Second half we play better on offense because he is going back to him, and Francis and the team knows it.

We lost one because Coach Wilson failed with a first half experiment that almost everybody called for. That experiment pretty much hampered the offense, and in the end caused us to lose in a closish loss. Temple probably had an additional td/field goal, because if we had stayed with Francis, our offense probably would have been on the field more first half. This might have cost Temple one of their successful chances at a score in the first half.

When you intentionally go with three qb's first half, the team becomes disjointed trying to play three different offensive schemes.

A bad OL has cost us a decent season. This worried me at the beginning of the season. You don't usually get a decent OL/DL with a mostly freshman class. Somehow they pulled it off with the DL. They failed miserably with the OL. But the freshman OL will begin to grow up next year. Hoping that fantastic OL recruit from Jenks stays with us, and we add to him. OL and DL is really hard without NIL. We should allocate some of our NIL to both next year.

We had a bad half because coach Wilson did what everybody wanted and gave another QB 1/2 a chance. Then he went back to Francis.(because he's the best we had & offensive line was the problem) Second half we play better on offense because he is going back to him, and Francis and the team knows it.

We lost one because Coach Wilson failed with a first half experiment that almost everybody called for. That experiment pretty much hampered the offense, and in the end caused us to lose in a closish loss. Temple probably had an additional td/field goal, because if we had stayed with Francis, our offense probably would have been on the field more first half. This might have cost Temple one of their successful chances at a score in the first half.

When you intentionally go with three qb's first half, the team becomes disjointed trying to play three different offensive schemes.
You sound like me defending Monty. Not saying I think you should stop.... just trying to give you some awareness on tone.

You sound like me defending Monty. Not saying I think you should stop.... just trying to give you some awareness on tone.
Maybe so.

I am not sure whether I'm defending Wilson, or defending Wilson having to coach against a NIL environment.(without NIL) Maybe a little of both.

Temple has no NIL……this loss has nothing to do with NIL
It has to do with Wlson trying to solve a problem of a bad OL, with an experiment using Legas. It has to do with Wilson struggling to work with an OL that is incapable because they are young and/or unqualified. That has to do with him going with the philosophy of getting a bunch of freshman without nil. I'm dumbfounded by people not looking at the whole picture. This isn't checkers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT