ADVERTISEMENT

Uconn to Big East

BYU makes between 4 and 7 million a year depending on which channels show the games. They get paid more for ESPN games than ESPN2 games is a simple way of explaining it.

Media money isn't an issue. Money is an issue because their schedule is filled till 2025 almost and they have to buy out those games which is 5-7 depending on the year (they have a few with AAC teams and a couple open spaces).

You always want to bring up the conference board yet never say anything over there, talk about selective. I'll tell you the same thing I do every time you get your panties in a wad, post it on that board.

You also have no idea what I know. Something I do know, if you're trusting the sports writers like McMurphy for accurate info you're going to be disappointed. People mention all kinds of things in the media, especially sports media which is about generating interest.
They could just swap schedules with UConn through 2025.

BYU makes between 4 and 7 million a year depending on which channels show the games. They get paid more for ESPN games than ESPN2 games is a simple way of explaining it.

Media money isn't an issue. Money is an issue because their schedule is filled till 2025 almost and they have to buy out those games which is 5-7 depending on the year (they have a few with AAC teams and a couple open spaces).

You always want to bring up the conference board yet never say anything over there, talk about selective. I'll tell you the same thing I do every time you get your panties in a wad, post it on that board.

You also have no idea what I know. Something I do know, if you're trusting the sports writers like McMurphy for accurate info you're going to be disappointed. People mention all kinds of things in the media, especially sports media which is about generating interest.

I might not know much but I know McMurphy has quality sources when it comes to college athletics and college athletic departments. I know this for a fact.

As I said on the pay board take Air Force, CSU and Boise and destroy the MWC. Give Craig Thompson back what he gave us - I am assuming he is still commissioner?

We don't need to destroy the mwc we already are way ahead of them.

AFA turned down the big xii because it meant all sports and a level of competition the AD felt was unfair to the students/players/cadets. Similar to the reason Navy wanted into the west with the private schools. They struggle to compete in the MW, the AAC is better in every sport, as a football only add they work, all sports less so. CSU I am ambivalent on for all sports although I will say they have been generally bad in basketball and are another anchor. Both schools could be top tier in the WAC for Olympics or possibly bolster the WCC.

Boise is just too far for all sports. I also think they have peaked in football and while a good program who will get 8-10 wins a season won't reach the past heights they achieved. Honestly I don't view the MW as competition for the NY6 game, I think another Central Michigan type run is the threat. A school from a conference they ran through with a couple mediocre ooc wins while the AAC champ has two or three losses.
It is purely spite.

Reactions: TU4ever2
It is purely spite.

Ok, I can respect the hell out of that.

We should just take CSU and AFA football, the WAC will take them for Olympics. In basketball the WAC is about the same, travel is too. That breaks up the continuity of the MW. Knocks out a huge market and will hurt their weak media deal potential. Denver isn't terrible for travel.

I might not know much but I know McMurphy has quality sources when it comes to college athletics and college athletic departments. I know this for a fact.

He's also wrong all the time, especially when it comes to G5 teams.

I wasn't in particular picking on him. In today's sports media it's pretty common. Sports media is rampant with speculation, often more so than news.

Reactions: TulsaFan2000

Something I do know, if you're trusting the sports writers like McMurphy for accurate info you're going to be disappointed. People mention all kinds of things in the media, especially sports media which is about generating interest.
First, I am not trusting sports writers like McMurphy. It was reported on by the networks on most of the places where I was paying attention, not a scoop by someone like McMurphy.

Second, a long answer to a relatively short question. I have posted my problems on the conference board on the Tulsa forums once or twice. But it might have been on the pay boards that I posted it. I asked someone who posts over there occasionally for advice.(NevadaNaturale I believe.)

I forgot my password and have tried to get it fixed without success. CSNBBS says it will send me an email to change it, and I never get it. I have even tried to get a new id, but never get it approved. I have sent 4 extremely detailed messages about what has happened to gts@csnbbs. In all of my following emails I let him know that I have not received a single email from him or an automated email from csnbbs and request he please send a reply to all of my three email addresses, so that one of them hopefully gets through. Nada.

I lost my password over a year ago, probably more like almost two years ago. I got tired of trying after a year+ of sending emails every couple of four months. When you spend way to much time detailing the problem x4 and they never respond, what can you do. Total crap support over there.

I didn't post regularly over there, but I did post occasionally. I had something like 20 or 30 posts over a couple of 4 years.

I like the item in the AP story that the remaining 11 split what used to go to 12 members. More $$ for TU.

I also like the report that all schools will play each other with the championship game being the top 2 finishers, like the Big XI (11 still I think).

It mentions Army and BYU as being happily independent. I'm ready for the AAC to take either if they want in. No to the others - U Mass, Liberty.

The article actually talks about UConn possibly dropping to FCS for football. I would resign tomorrow if I were the football coach.

How would dropping to 2 OOC games annually affect us?

I like the item in the AP story that the remaining 11 split what used to go to 12 members. More $$ for TU.

I also like the report that all schools will play each other with the championship game being the top 2 finishers, like the Big XI (11 still I think).

It mentions Army and BYU as being happily independent. I'm ready for the AAC to take either if they want in. No to the others - U Mass, Liberty.

The article actually talks about UConn possibly dropping to FCS for football. I would resign tomorrow if I were the football coach.
The Big XII only has 10 members so they play 9 league games. 10 league games would probably be a no go for many AAC members because of the $$$ games they play to make ends meet. The tie breaker scenarios would be a headache to try and figure out as I would assume there is a decent chance places 2-4 could be tied by record.

As for UCONN, Randy Edsall released a statement today and it sort of threw the UCONN BoT, AD, and others under the bus for disregarding UCONN's football team while only seemingly caring about the men's basketball issues.

Reactions: TulsaFan2000
So UCONN has agreed to pay a higher exit fee from the Big East if it ever wants to leave b/c current Big East members are worried that FBS football at UCONN may create a "misalignment of interest" with other Big East schools. if UCONN agrees to that Randy Edsall and every one of his players should leave UCONN immediately. I would bet this would create a situation where every one of them would be granted immediate eligibility wherever they went.

UCONN is such a disaster right now. But at least now they have Hockey East hockey

Reactions: cmullinsTU
First, I am not trusting sports writers like McMurphy. It was reported on by the networks on most of the places where I was paying attention, not a scoop by someone like McMurphy.

Second, a long answer to a relatively short question. I have posted my problems on the conference board on the Tulsa forums once or twice. But it might have been on the pay boards that I posted it. I asked someone who posts over there occasionally for advice.(NevadaNaturale I believe.)

I forgot my password and have tried to get it fixed without success. CSNBBS says it will send me an email to change it, and I never get it. I have even tried to get a new id, but never get it approved. I have sent 4 extremely detailed messages about what has happened to gts@csnbbs. In all of my following emails I let him know that I have not received a single email from him or an automated email from csnbbs and request he please send a reply to all of my three email addresses, so that one of them hopefully gets through. Nada.

I lost my password over a year ago, probably more like almost two years ago. I got tired of trying after a year+ of sending emails every couple of four months. When you spend way to much time detailing the problem x4 and they never respond, what can you do. Total crap support over there.

I didn't post regularly over there, but I did post occasionally. I had something like 20 or 30 posts over a couple of 4 years.

I'll message pony 94, he's pretty active and let him know you are having issues. If he responds, I will pm you here with an email address to talk with him.

Some mods are better than others over there, GTS as the show runner isn't one of them, but it's a side business for him so I understand.

I do know they have an auto check for bots and some people have struggled to get approval because it kicks them as a bot.

As far as BYU's situation 2022 is the earliest and still involves two P5 moves or buy outs, like 8 g5s, and one fcs. That's a lot of work and money. ESPN may help out, they may not. Considering every game is at least a million I don't think our media deal is enough to pull them. Maybe we waive the entrance fee, ESPN helps move P5 games around and BYU bites the bullet on the games but it seems like a tough finacial situation to me.

Here is their schedule:

The Big XII only has 10 members so they play 9 league games. 10 league games would probably be a no go for many AAC members because of the $$$ games they play to make ends meet. The tie breaker scenarios would be a headache to try and figure out as I would assume there is a decent chance places 2-4 could be tied by record.

As for UCONN, Randy Edsall released a statement today and it sort of threw the UCONN BoT, AD, and others under the bus for disregarding UCONN's football team while only seemingly caring about the men's basketball issues.

That's also gonna be a no go from Navy, they have 3 set OOC games and need the FCS game for their CBSsports package.

Technically the AAC doesn't have to do anything. The divisions are as equal in numerical value as possible, so two divisions and a championship game are totally legal.

Someone pointed out that the initial 2 year waiver almost always get approved so it is very possible we stay at eleven with out divisions at least short term.

UConn is going to spend a lot of money to kill its football program. They have at least a 10m exit fee if they gave 27 months notice, they currently think it will be around 12, but they also thought the AAC would let them stay as a Football only member . So 12-15 is more likely. Plus an entrance fee to the Big East and signing like a 30m exit fee clause if they leave before the Big East contract expires. A loss on media money, a loss on cfp bowl money, and no shot at a bowl tie in till 2026, loss of tourney credits too as they will have to wait for till they play a season in the big east to start building them up.

With 40m in revenue and 81m in expenses, this seems like a really dumb idea.

Oh and they may not be able to get enough games in 2020 to satisfy the FBS requirement.

Reactions: TU65alum
I'll message pony 94, he's pretty active and let him know you are having issues. If he responds, I will pm you here with an email address to talk with him.

Some mods are better than others over there, GTS as the show runner isn't one of them, but it's a side business for him so I understand.

I do know they have an auto check for bots and some people have struggled to get approval because it kicks them as a bot.

As far as BYU's situation 2022 is the earliest and still involves two P5 moves or buy outs, like 8 g5s, and one fcs. That's a lot of work and money. ESPN may help out, they may not. Considering every game is at least a million I don't think our media deal is enough to pull them. Maybe we waive the entrance fee, ESPN helps move P5 games around and BYU bites the bullet on the games but it seems like a tough finacial situation to me.

Here is their schedule:
I would bet that most of those game contracts probably have a clause about BYU getting into a conference and making a good faith effort to shift things around with the other school to a later season or they can kill the agreement altogether without penalty if done so 3 years in advance. Like you said, 2022 would be a more likely start date for that.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW

Here is their schedule:
It is a moot point, BYU and Army essentially expressed being happy as an independent, and we said we were content to play with 11.

Thanks for the message to Pony, don't expect much action out of it. Any action at all is more than I got before though.

That's also gonna be a no go from Navy, they have 3 set OOC games and need the FCS game for their CBSsports package.

Technically the AAC doesn't have to do anything. The divisions are as equal in numerical value as possible, so two divisions and a championship game are totally legal.

Someone pointed out that the initial 2 year waiver almost always get approved so it is very possible we stay at eleven with out divisions at least short term.

UConn is going to spend a lot of money to kill its football program. They have at least a 10m exit fee if they gave 27 months notice, they currently think it will be around 12, but they also thought the AAC would let them stay as a Football only member . So 12-15 is more likely. Plus an entrance fee to the Big East and signing like a 30m exit fee clause if they leave before the Big East contract expires. A loss on media money, a loss on cfp bowl money, and no shot at a bowl tie in till 2026, loss of tourney credits too as they will have to wait for till they play a season in the big east to start building them up.

With 40m in revenue and 81m in expenses, this seems like a really dumb idea.

Oh and they may not be able to get enough games in 2020 to satisfy the FBS requirement.

But they get to avoid losing in Tulsa on a Tuesday!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT