ADVERTISEMENT

UConn Game Thread

Oh, and it is obvious we do not have a single capable X and O's coach on our bench. Out of bounds plays have been awful.

I have been critical of Igbanu all year but he played a great game today. Yes, it was against younger, though very athletic, competition but his game has been improving steadily since he became the 6th man.

Road wins in conference are worth their weight in gold, just keep finding a way and I'll keep taking my heart medication.

Big game. Tulsa overcomes bad reffing a hostile crowd and gets an important win.

I wonder if UConn fans understand that it's not that east coast players don't get excited by playing Tulsa, it's that east coast players don't get excited by getting beat by Tulsa?

It's an important distinction. I hope we get to crush them next game and watch the slide into oblivion as they lose all hope this season after going 1-7.

Key to these wins is the emerging double digit scoring ability of an athletic guard that can defend... Jackson has flipped a switch the past 6 games.

Key to these wins is the emerging double digit scoring ability of an athletic guard that can defend... Jackson has flipped a switch the past 6 games.

Yes. His ability to hit the three has made honest defenders out of teams and have really openned the floor.

Despite Bla's opinion, his shot is plenty fast enough and with his explosive athletic ability he will rarely get blocked. With around 11 mins left in the first half he pump faked a big on a switch and then easily blew by him for an easy basket.

Jackson will start seeing coaches who run man to man put long wings on him. We will see more of those plays from him where he drew a foul on Akok because his strength is good enough to carry him through traffic in the lane. That will also open up Rachal's game when they are on the floor as it's a pick your poison situation.

Elijah is showing some real athleticism and clutch shooting. Hill is coming along nicely. Our perimeter is strong right now.

Reactions: TulsaAM
This win is HUGE!!!! We play like garbage in Connecticut and we played our game and got a win. Igbanu off the bench was the best coaching decision this year. I really wished that Ugboh would have been bigger today. We got the win despite Brandon Rachal being quiet until the end there and igbanu having a big game.

lets go home and get ready for Wichita State.

I’ve always been critical of Haith. But I’ve also always said that I hoped he would turn the ship around. It’s seems like this could be that turn. Here’s to it continuing!
Also, next season will probably be the first time we get ranked high by the AAC in preseason. Recruiting by Haith and staff has finally started meeting expectations in the last couple of years. Hopefully this conference record will help us gain a great frontcourt player or two for next year.

It’s interesting looking at the stats for this game as it gives clues as to why we’ve been playing so well lately. Not only did we have a big edge in rebounding but we scored 79 points and of those 46 were bench points and 42 were points in the paint.

Also, next season will probably be the first time we get ranked high by the AAC in preseason. Recruiting by Haith and staff has finally started meeting expectations in the last couple of years. Hopefully this conference record will help us gain a great frontcourt player or two for next year.
We still need to get to the post season for him to be retained this year imho. I would also argue that the NIT shouldn’t cut it. But we will see what this team holds. I’m really hoping that he makes the NCAA’s this season and I can stop criticizing him once and for all.

+3... wow.
+4 = NIT
+5 = Bubble heading into AAC tourney

Wow
If we keep this up, we'll see how much respect the American really has. the committee always uses the "body of work" test for some teams and the "last10 games" for other teams - basically picking the one that lets them get in the teams they want and keep out the ones they don't. If the American has some mojo, the committee should look past the rocky start and focus on what we've done since.

We still need to get to the post season for him to be retained this year imho. I would also argue that the NIT shouldn’t cut it. But we will see what this team holds. I’m really hoping that he makes the NCAA’s this season and I can stop criticizing him once and for all.

Awww...

Reactions: TUMe and Gmoney4WW
We were +8 on the boards today. Our rebounding has been a big big part of this winning streak. When was the last time we won 5 in a row, with 3 road games?

And 7 rebounds, he is becoming the swiss army knife of this team and I love the leadership of him and Igbanu on this team. Night and day the difference in the the "fire" of this team compared to last years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT