ADVERTISEMENT

UConn Game Thread

loca2874

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
Net rankings haven’t come out yet but we have an early game. Apparently there was a hockey game and the floor wasn’t put down till this morning so the team didn’t get a practice in like they usually do. They only get the shoot around today.

GO TU!!!

I know the east coast is far ahead of us, but this dress like a blue chair thing seems more pronounced there than it is in Tulsa. Maybe some UCONN fans can explain this fashion trend.

Reactions: loca2874
People showed up. Did they run out of clams or something? I didn’t think UCONN fans would show up to watch lowly Tulsa.

We’re playing our game. Getting the ball inside and getting fouled. UCONN fouls too much.

Defense is holding so far. Had the one gaffe for bouknight but not bad. Igbanu or igbagnu (for the announcer) is getting physical

A couple of crap calls by same official.

Naismith is crying in heaven. 18 total points 10 minutes in.

They should eliminate the three point line if both teams can’t score 40 in a half. Get rid of shot clock and half court line after that.

Looks good so far. Running around a little too much before giving up those threes. That could catch up with us.

Reggie doesn’t want to miss another road trip.

Looks good so far. Running around a little too much before giving up those threes. That could catch up with us.

I’d rather have Joiner out there for defense. Hill is nice but isn’t quite there. I don’t like defense will Hill and Korita our there together. We had guys waiting to check in a long time.

Reactions: HuffyCane
I know better basketball minds disagree and results today aren’t good, but I’m OK with Ugboh playing. There’s a Maldonado/ Poindexter vibe to his game.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Not getting any space, but Rachal comes in in spurts. They know that we need turnovers to score. They are taking good care of the ball.

Well, it sounds like there are drunk fans singing in the broadcast already.

UConn is 2nd in the nation in blocks per game, we can't keep just throwing everything up there on them.

If we continue to stay cold from outside, this will be a long game.

I think we are taking mostly good shots. I’m as proud of the last couple of minutes of anything we’ve done this year. Can’t believe Martins missed the free throws.

Did I just see Calhoun on the baseline? If we pull this off with him watching, that will leave a mark.

On airplane. Send updates. Thanks

I actually thought we played as well as we have all year in a tough environment. There were a couple of stretches of very smart basketball. Joiner, Igbanu, and Jackson are giving them problems. Rachal hasn’t scored.

Also, we have no one in foul trouble, which is huge. They have a couple of guys with two.

Igbanu is getting triple teamed and sometimes making it. Horne doing well ok.

Both teams are scoring off defensive mistakes. Jackson went for a steal and defense disintegrated on last UCONN basket. Conversely, Joiner dunked out of an Igbanu triple team. It was beautiful. Joiner is coming on.

We started Korita. Not a fan.

Reggie Jones gave us good minutes and was in at end of half.

Vital hasn’t scored and neither has Rachal. Booknight got two early fouls.

Last edited:
Reactions: Henry Kendall
Surprisingly, we are +2 on rebounds. Also we are 7-11 on FTs, they are 1-3. We need to continue to get them in some foul trouble.

Our only failing so far is turnovers. We hang onto the ball and we’ve got a much bigger lead at half.

Our only failing so far is turnovers. We hang onto the ball and we’ve got a much bigger lead at half.
Both teams have six turnovers. We started off poorly in that department, but did not have a turnover in the last eight minutes of the first half.

Couldn’t stand the TV broadcast announcers, have Bruce and JR on. JR is really coming into his own as a color commentator, very good insight.

Goomba on the color commentary needs to put the cold cut sandwich down and wipe the oil and vinegar off his chin.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
I hope the refs don’t get together and say “well UConn isn’t getting it done, we’ll have to take over”.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT