ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Game Thread

My question is why can't we block their DL?

Their DL is decent. Biggest factor is Chris Minter isn't playing. He's FANTASTIC on run blocking. Not sure why he's not out there.

UCF is only rushing 4 and keeping 1 LB in the box so 7 in coverage against 4. Their DBs are pretty good. We've had at least 4-5 drops by my count as well. Yeah, he missed the read on the pick 6.

My question is why can't we block their DL? Our running game has been so so at best tonight. If we can get up 2 scores it might be too much for UCF to come back from.

I think we lost some O-Lineman last week against Navy...

Their DL is decent. Biggest factor is Chris Minter isn't playing. He's FANTASTIC on run blocking. Not sure why he's not out there.

Oh we are also without Plagg (our best run blocker) and Belcher.

Had a feeling our D would come in with a little bit of a chip on their shoulder.

cb

TU closing in on making a new NCAA record...

QB with 3,000 yards passing

2 RB's with 1,000 yards rushing

2 receivers with 1,000 yards receiving

Evans needs 261 yards passing to get to 3000.

Atkinson needs 201 yards receiving to get to 1000.

Correction: Lucas needs 12 yards to get to 1000.

Brewer and Flanders are already over the 1000-yard mark (joining Gunter/Lacy as the only TU players to have 1000 yards in the same season).

Getting Atkinson that 201 will be the biggest hump to getting that record, but it's definitely doable.

cb

Last edited:
I'd like to point out that I posted in the let's get it started thread when it was 14 all.

You're welcome!

TU closing in on making a new NCAA record...

QB with 3,000 yards passing

2 RB's with 1,000 yards rushing

2 receivers with 1,000 yards receiving
I was looking at our stats today and noticed that. would we be the first team to ever accomplish that?

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I don't understand why the UCF homer announcers keep saying it's a two possession game. You can't count on a two point conversion so to me 15 points is a three possession game.

I don't understand why the UCF homer announcers keep saying it's a two possession game. You can't count on a two point conversion so to me 15 points is a three possession game.

3 pointers are harder than 2 pointers too, but it's the same in hoops. Best case scenario.

Reactions: TU Sepp
My question is why can't we block their DL? Our running game has been so so
at best tonight. If we can get up 2 scores it might be too much for UCF to come
back from.

Yeah....341 yds with two rushers solidly over 100 is medicore at best....

BLA, this team has spoiled us all!!!!! Call it the Monty syndrome:rolleyes:

Off topic, but I thought our DBs, especially the corners, did a solid job in
coverage, and even a better job of sniffing out the wide stuff....Both the
runs and the slip screens......

Last edited:
Reactions: drboobay
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT