ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Game Thread

Looking much better across the O-Line the past four drives

We are starting to adjust to their quickness. It will be ok. But we need to convert in the red

Dumb play, but targeting is the worst rule in college football

There was the exact targeting call against Texas in their game against Kansas.

I hope we don't go to a crap bowl with a 7-5 record! We are snake bit this year.

I hope we don't go to a crap bowl with a 7-5 record! We are snake bit this year.
Eh. Win out or lose out, we still go to a crappy bowl. Not putting away Navy and Houston (yes the refs played a large part), took away the magic. 7 wins vs 9 wins doesn't really matter as far as a bowl is concerned. We'll be 3rd in our division. Disappointed. Hope Monty stays...but I doubt it.

Reactions: Tulsa76
Losing the last two might push into a crappier bowl, but winning both won't help anything except provide excuses to those who say we should have lost to Houston and Navy anyway.

I do see a path to any other bowl except the one in Miami

Offense needs to score at TD to start 2nd half or this game will stay ugly until the end!

Reactions: Tulsa76
Actually there's a way into a couple of the Big XII bowls they may not fill. Texas isn't eligible yet, Tech is not going to be eligible and neither are Kansas and Iowa State. Rumor is Baylor may not accept a bowl bi because they have absolutely mailed their season in. That would leave only 5 teams to fill 8 slots. And if OU somehow slides in the playoff that opens up another spot.

Dane is more off tonight than usual. He needs a high volume of passes to be effective. If he was a more accurate passer with his quick release he would be an NFL prospect.

He is an accurate passer but sometimes he trusts it too much and tries to squeeze it in to tight coverage or cross field like the pick 6.

So their player grabs our guy's arm so he can't get to the ball and the color guy thinks it's a good no call? huh

Reactions: BigRedStevo
This is starting to look ugly for TU...

What the heck on the muffed punt into TU hands!!!!

Reactions: TulsaAM
He is an accurate passer but sometimes he trusts it too much and tries to squeeze it in to tight coverage or cross field like the pick 6.

Sorry, he isn't an accurate passer. Or should I say a consistently accurate passer, he gets on streaks...

Reactions: TUGrad06
Sub 50% rate for 58 yards and a pick 6? I mean...that's terrible. I know he can turn it around. But that is still terrible.
UCF is only rushing 4 and keeping 1 LB in the box so 7 in coverage against 4. Their DBs are pretty good. We've had at least 4-5 drops by my count as well. Yeah, he missed the read on the pick 6.

My question is why can't we block their DL? Our running game has been so so at best tonight. If we can get up 2 scores it might be too much for UCF to come back from.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT