ADVERTISEMENT

UALR game thread

I agree with basically everyone on here, so I don't have much to add other than one thing I think we can all agree with...

How did Archie not have a lot more offers?! Don't get me wrong, I'm very glad he is playing for Tulsa, but it just surprises me based on what I've seen of him so far and from HS video on him.

Posted: 11/9/2022 1:45:00 PMHARRISONBURG, Va. - The James Madison men's basketball team has signed Houston-area standout Tyshawn Archie to a National Letter of Intent to join the Dukes for the 2023-24 season,Head Coach Mark Byington announced on Wednesday afternoon.Archie, a 6-1 combo guard who has built his prep career at C.E. King High School in Texas before transferring to Spire Academy in Ohio for his senior year, is rated a three-star recruit by247Sports, which named him the No. 24-ranked player in Texas and the No. 34 combo guard nationally."Tyshawn has shown himself to be a very dynamic player who is extremely quick and athletic," Byington said. "He has great ability to get by his defender and either finish at the rim or create forothers."Archie was named First Team Texas 6AAll-District this past season as a junior. While playing with ProSkills (TX) on the AAU circuit, he was also named Second Team Nike EYBL IV in KansasCity, averaging 15.0 points, 4.2 rebounds and 5.3 assists per contest.Archie is the Dukes' first signee for the 2023-24 season, with JMU set to lose four players to exhausted eligibility. The Dukes will be in action tonight at home, when they welcome Hampton tothe Atlantic Union Bank Center for a 7 p.m. matchup. It will be the Pirates' first contest of the 2022-23 season

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT