ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa at Ucf thread

I hope we score that many points but am not confident we will.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Going to come down to penalties and turnovers I feel like. Last year we had 5 flags to their 15, and they committed 3 turnovers I believe.

There’s been a little bit of chirping by UCF coaches and players for months. They’ve both circled this game. We’ve had success against them lately, but that’s mostly been at home not in Orlando. Your average UCF fan will tell you the officiating last year in Tulsa was the worst reffing job they’ve endured in five years. So different place, different refs, and UCF has never lost a home opener to an unranked team in a season where they’ve won a game. They’ve played a lot, we haven’t played much. They’ve got a better QB with more tools and a better scheme to use them. Defense keeps it close and entertaining, but a win is unlikely. UCF wants this win by 40 points, but it will be:

U Can’t Finish your degree: 31
Montgomery/Zach Smith 23

However in a different more merciful universe the score might have been:

Future Hospitality Workers: 36
Malzahn/Paul Smith 52

I just saw the article posted about UCF's DL coach saying that last year's OL was the most physical, most nasty OL they went up against. Wait till they see this year's which I think is better and better coached. IMO Tyler Smith is all-AAC at OT. Paul is good. As long as Couch and Bivens are healthy we're good because I really don't think Buck can handle the pass blocking part.

I just saw the article posted about UCF's DL coach saying that last year's OL was the most physical, most nasty OL they went up against. Wait till they see this year's which I think is better and better coached. IMO Tyler Smith is all-AAC at OT. Paul is good. As long as Couch and Bivens are healthy we're good because I really don't think Buck can handle the pass blocking part.
The lines of scrimmage on both sides of the ball will be interesting to watch. As well as our DB's against their passing attack.

Also, I think if we can consistently run the ball on these guys, they better watch out.

Trevis Gipson was dominant in that game last season. We really need our front 7 to cause problems for their QB, because he's pretty good when he is allowed to make the throws.

Reactions: HuffyCane
I’ve really been impressed with Player. OSU couldn’t handle him one-on-one. He’s not a speed rusher like Gipson but I thought he was very effective when they moved him outside.

UCF Fan here......I believe it should be a good game. I thought Tulsa could have beat Oklahoma State. When they lost the go ahead touchdown to a penalty in the 4th quarter that really shut the door on a possible win. I do believe UCF has a better offense than OKState, so it should be interesting who outscores who. I hope everyone one comes out of the game healthy. :cool:

UCF Fan here......I believe it should be a good game. I thought Tulsa could have beat Oklahoma State. When they lost the go ahead touchdown to a penalty in the 4th quarter that really shut the door on a possible win. I do believe UCF has a better offense than OKState, so it should be interesting who outscores who. I hope everyone one comes out of the game healthy. :cool:

I wouldn't worry too much about us outscoring you unless we are efficient on our first two possessions.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Trevis Gipson was dominant in that game last season. We really need our front 7 to cause problems for their QB, because he's pretty good when he is allowed to make the throws.
Yep. In looking at the depth chart posted it looks like Jaxon Player is now listed as a DT instead of NG. He really wreaked havoc on OSU's OTs listed up on the end of the line. He was too quick and because of his strength, he couldn't be moved from the end not allowing the RB or QB to get outside. I think this is going to throw UCF off in their game plan. I think it becomes tough to run in the middle against us and our DBs are quite honestly a lot better than Georgia Tech's or ECUs. Gabriel is still capable as a QB to make some tight throws and his WRs (and TE) are really good. UCF will still move the ball and score points but I don't think they make it look as easy as they did against their previous opponents. The big issue is whether or not our offense can move the ball effectively and consistently. Considering this is year 6 and we've only really been able to do that 1 year out of those 6, I am not really confident we will be able to on Saturday and it's not due to not having the players to do so.

It will also be nice to have a running game that has more than one week of practice together. I think Prince can be a good back for us, but he just needs more Reps with the starters.

Reactions: quincy101
Can’t wait to watch the game! Hope it’s everything we are expecting and wanting!! We have amazing players who can do this !!!

First half score -

UCF 10
TU 0

Monty gets sick at halftime and can’t coach second half. Hanson coaches second half.

Final predicted score -

UCF 16
TU 24

I’ll take our secondary over any I’ve seen below the Top 5. It took five years to build and we may only enjoy it one year though. I just wish our coach had the same confidence and swagger as Allie Green

Yep. In looking at the depth chart posted it looks like Jaxon Player is now listed as a DT instead of NG. He really wreaked havoc on OSU's OTs listed up on the end of the line. He was too quick and because of his strength, he couldn't be moved from the end not allowing the RB or QB to get outside. I think this is going to throw UCF off in their game plan. I think it becomes tough to run in the middle against us and our DBs are quite honestly a lot better than Georgia Tech's or ECUs. Gabriel is still capable as a QB to make some tight throws and his WRs (and TE) are really good. UCF will still move the ball and score points but I don't think they make it look as easy as they did against their previous opponents. The big issue is whether or not our offense can move the ball effectively and consistently. Considering this is year 6 and we've only really been able to do that 1 year out of those 6, I am not really confident we will be able to on Saturday and it's not due to not having the players to do so.
Moving Player to get him and Stevenson on the field at the same time is good coaching. Do what you have to to get your best guys on the field.

They interviewed Zaven on the news tonight. He says he fills healthy and is ready for a full game. Against osu, he said, he physically was only ready for about 40 plays due to all the covid stuff...

Great defense/no coach 21
Tinker toy stadium/great offense 31

Bonus: Zav sets the record for sacks of FUC QB

:nukem: Nuke FUC

Didn’t do an Official Prediction Thread this week. Wasn’t feeling it.

Hope D can repeat last performance.

So I got back from flying around NEOK this morning (was at KTUL around 1230-1300) and spent the last 2 hours watching old highlights of us just destroying other teams (also, beating UCF)... what's sad is a quite a few highlights were Monty's teams... I hope we can get some of that today. Anyway, I'm pumped! We can do this in spite of Monty. GO TU!

Reactions: TU1NNJ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT