ADVERTISEMENT

Tulane

They are backing off Igbanu when he's at the top of the arc. I would like to see him put some up from out there.

I'm not sure this isn't actually more embarrassing than the SMU game.

Our guards will not even attempt to throw the ball in to Magney. Just dribble around the top of the key.

Reactions: lynesrun
I was just watching Wheeler ignore an open Magnay in the post. Guess he never had to look there in JUCO.

Reactions: lynesrun
Etou just showed Martins how to split a double team. Very nice play.

Great ruling, eject asst coaches who come off the bench to help prevent a fight.

Well that's just a kick you in the crotch spit on your neck fantastic way to finish this forgettable regular season.

Two players got into it and they give Tulane points and the ball and eject our coaches. Makes sense.

Reactions: Gold*
The over active reffing did effectively stop our momentum. Don't think we're good enough to overcome much adversity.

Poor Tap is struggling. Where is Birt, the only one with 3 point potential. He is shooting good tonight.

Rebuilding year or not, we should never lose to a 5-24 Tulane team. Taplin was good early AAC play, teams adjusted to him, and he has had no answer. Turnover after turnover for your point guard is unacceptable

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
Bill Lowery - would you teach the bounce pass entry to Tap this summer?

Reactions: Air_Raid918
Let's see if we can get their set shooter to 40. All we have to do is keep watching him jack wide open threes.

For those who have played/coached, Is helping from the corner something only we teach? I'm not knowledgeable enough on it to know

I literally feel nauseous. This reminds me of the dark days of the mid 2000s.

Yet I have seen most of these guys play so much better at times this year. I put it on the coaches.

Is this team & coach worth renewing our season tickets next season?

Hold on Junkie the Officials will assess Tulsa a technical for you leaving the telecast. Tulane will shoot free throws and get the ball.

Wheeler plays with such little effort. Just watched him stand at the 3pt line as we put up a shot, the ball bounces in front of him, he continues to stand there and lets the Tulane player just take the ball. Literally made no effort to get the ball. At least Haith yelled at him

So you're down 12 in the last two minutes and you take the inbounds pass near the inbounds line and walk it up two times in a row!!!!!
What the heck??

We played with defensive intensity for 2 possessions, late in the game. The other 60+ possessions...no. That was an embarrassing loss. I hope the players & coaches are embarrassed.

Reactions: Air_Raid918
Sad 'T' but correct call. Question whether Reyes grabbed igbanu but otherwise I think the call was right. Stupid rule

Adjust to what you have. Haith doesn't have the guns to go 4 out 1 in this year. Should've seen bigger lineups all year. I'm sorry Taplin, Wheeler, and Henderson...but there should be wide open competition for the 1-3 positions. Only Igbanu/Etou established themselves as consistent productive players.

uninspired play.
poor play,
little or no improvement for the season; if anything i see a decline

time for a new coach?

I am not convinced on Etou. A guy that talented should be able to take over a game sometimes and drag his teammates to a W. I have not seen that, rather points racked up early or mop up time. He has the talent but not sure on mentality.

Lot of hate in the Alley about Haith. Expecting to hit on 8 signees is impossible. He was dealt a hand almost no coach has had to face. I really would be interested to see the last time a coach had to replace 9 Seniors. Someone find that. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe that's happened often and the following year the team won 20 games.

To me, this year was an audition for a spot on this team. Nothing more. Never expected postseason play, but because this team has a lot of talent, they teased us into thinking we could make a run. You can tell this team is not together. 2-3 newcomers know they won't be coming back, and that can weigh heavily on a team's chemistry.

Do I think Haith has done a good job this year? Not really. I think he has made some coaching mistakes. Not seeing any improvement in our 3pt defense and our carelessness with the ball are my main concerns. At the same time, to say we need to start a thread about finding a new coach based on this season is absurd. He's coached us to an NIT and NCAA birth. With a rebuilding year in between. If we see the same struggles next year, that argument that we need change will have some validity.

Maybe add an X and O's or defensive minded assistant in the offseason. We may have downplayed the departures of Leitao to DePaul and Schwartz to Texas.

Lot of hate in the Alley about Haith. Expecting to hit on 8 signees is impossible. He was dealt a hand almost no coach has had to face. I really would be interested to see the last time a coach had to replace 9 Seniors. Someone find that. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe that's happened often and the following year the team won 20 games.

To me, this year was an audition for a spot on this team. Nothing more. Never expected postseason play, but because this team has a lot of talent, they teased us into thinking we could make a run. You can tell this team is not together. 2-3 newcomers know they won't be coming back, and that can weigh heavily on a team's chemistry.

Do I think Haith has done a good job this year? Not really. I think he has made some coaching mistakes. Not seeing any improvement in our 3pt defense and our carelessness with the ball are my main concerns. At the same time, to say we need to start a thread about finding a new coach based on this season is absurd. He's coached us to an NIT and NCAA birth. With a rebuilding year in between. If we see the same struggles next year, that argument that we need change will have some validity.

Maybe add an X and O's or defensive minded assistant in the offseason. We may have downplayed the departures of Leitao to DePaul and Schwartz to Texas.

The calling for Haith's job is absurd. First of all its too much money. Second we beat expectations of preseason polls in conference. Now, do I like all our team's results- no. The ECU, and Tulane results were awful. We should have won a couple more games with just hitting free throws. I like the pieces that are being brought in, seem to meet the need of scoring and better guard play. I'm waiting till next year to give Haith- still think he got the most out of his talent the two years prior. Still don't understand the year from Birt. He had games last year where he carried us and games (ie Michigan) where his defense was good, but his offense was non-existent, but he never developed his handle- just see Scott, Joiner and Jackson being better. I am all for open competition on our guards and hope that seniors are not playing just because their "veterans"- need the best players to play, period.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT