ADVERTISEMENT

Tulane

Gold*

Serious Cat Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
The one true TU is favored -2.5.

I don't think we finish .500 even if we win because of potential first round matchups. But we have to best Tulane first.

I actually think today's game is harder than a first round match-up v. UCF on a neutral court. Cindy is up 15-5 at UConn, so TU's path to a first round bye is to win today; lose and its back-to-back vs. Tulane.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
Too many turnovers. I don't like getting down 10 on the road.

I just saw the whole season in the last three plays:
1. Five seconds on inbounds play ( that has happened several times this year)
2. Allowed a wide open three from (where else. ....the corner)
3. Wheeler drives in paint, gets confused, and is stolen for a breakaway.
4. I could add a 4th. Our leading scorer at the 16:00 mark has not reappeared since benched then.

I like a lot of these players, especially the potential of some of the freshmen, but after watching the MVC championship we have a long way to go to be competitive at the level we should be.

Reactions: I.I.
Also when someone makes three threes in a row, you might force him to drive next time.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
Reynolds cannot drive, get up in his chest.

Most frustrating part of this season for me is our poor 3 point defense. We let a hot shooter hit 3 after 3 & make no adjustment.

Reactions: Air_Raid918
Wheeler confused in traffic again. Please set a screen for Birt. He finally is on and just setting "brush by" screens for him. . He needs to get open.

I give Dunleavy credit. He knows how to set screens to get people open.

Reactions: Gold*
It's impossible to look at Smith and not hate him

Bad defense. Unforced errors in offense. Too many fouls. I'm very disappointed by this flat performance in what could be a pretty big game for our guys.

We look terrible. Really terrible. Gotta call it how I see it.

5 different Tulsa players with 2 turnovers in the first half. We let their leading scorer get 23 first half points. We trail 5-24 Tulane by 14 points at halftime. Can it get any worse?!

Turned the game on, watched two minutes and turned it back off. If you don't have anything positive to say....don't say anything. Surprised the network is allowing the announcers to speak!

Reactions: Tulsa76
We are playing with absolutely ZERO fire. No heart, no intensity, no pride. No togetherness. The list goes on.

Corey Henderson and Jaleel Wheeler: these two got their shot this year. Imo, they should ride the pine to start next year in favor of Joiner, Jackson, Jeffries, Scott. Might include Taplin too.

Never seen a team so careless with the basketball. It's astounding

I posted the "Post game thoughts" 10 minutes into the first half.

Tulane is the better team. Quicker guards with better handles, and a good player they consistently get open.

Our guards have NO ability to get open...it's a little embarrassing.

Not sure if Frank lasts after next year. His substitution patterns are miserable. There are too many good young coaches that deserve a shot.

Reactions: Tulsa76
Igbanu is playing well again. So that's a positive

Pisses me off to watch. They must not realize how lucky they are to play high level division 1 basketball for a top notch university. Oh, for free too.

Coach K wouldn't allow his players to wear Duke gear after such a lack of effort/passion like we've shown today

Pisses me off to watch. They must not realize how lucky they are to play high level division 1 basketball for a top notch university. Oh, for free too.

Coach K wouldn't allow his players to wear Duke gear after such a lack of effort/passion like we've shown today
Who is the guy who goes down the line and holds his teammates accountable?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT