ADVERTISEMENT

Tulane

I just did some research (not exhaustive by any means) and it looks like they graduated 4 seniors last year and brought in 5 freshmen which included a 5-star and 3 four star players (rivals ranking). Did I miss something? If not I don't see any comparison between the two teams.

They had 2 4 star top 50 players redshirting last year. Nigel Williams-Goss from Washington, who was just named a 1st team all-American. Also Johnathan Williams, a Haith recruit from Mizzou.

In addition to the 2 starters named above, 4th year transfer from Cal, Jordan Matthews, also a 4 star is a starter, as well as returning 5th year 7-1 senior Przemek Karnowski.

The 5th starter is soph Josh Perkins, another 4 star #67 who started all 36 games last year.

The top freshman recruit is 6-11 Zack Collins, a Rivals 5 star #21. The 5 starters only have 5 years D1 experience at Gonzaga, but 12 years of D1 including those years at Cal, Washington and Mizzou.

They also have a few other role players with experience including Bryan Alberts, who started 10 games for the Zags last year.

As is Few's recruiting philosophy, he supplements D1 transfers with freshmen. With that experience and star power, it's no wonder they've been rated #1 this year and are a top 15 team most years.

They had 2 4 star top 50 players redshirting last year. Nigel Williams-Goss from Washington, who was just named a 1st team all-American. Also Johnathan Williams, a Haith recruit from Mizzou.

In addition to the 2 starters named above, 4th year transfer from Cal, Jordan Matthews, also a 4 star is a starter, as well as returning 5th year 7-1 senior Przemek Karnowski.

The 5th starter is soph Josh Perkins, another 4 star #67 who started all 36 games last year.

The top freshman recruit is 6-11 Zack Collins, a Rivals 5 star #21. The 5 starters only have 5 years D1 experience at Gonzaga, but 12 years of D1 including those years at Cal, Washington and Mizzou.

They also have a few other role players with experience including Bryan Alberts, who started 10 games for the Zags last year.

As is Few's recruiting philosophy, he supplements D1 transfers with freshmen. With that experience and star power, it's no wonder they've been rated #1 this year and are a top 15 team most years.

The bigger question is... does Gonzaga have naked pictures of Mark Few with young boys?.. how the heck can they keep him on campus and we can't even keep Buzz Peterson for more than 9 months?

Reactions: Bill Lowery
The bigger question is... does Gonzaga have naked pictures of Mark Few with young boys?.. how the heck can they keep him on campus and we can't even keep Buzz Peterson for more than 9 months?

My guess is he says all the things Todd Graham used to say about Tulsa about Gonzaga but he actually means it?

Reactions: Bill Lowery
I just did some research (not exhaustive by any means) and it looks like they graduated 4 seniors last year and brought in 5 freshmen which included a 5-star and 3 four star players (rivals ranking). Did I miss something? If not I don't see any comparison between the two teams.

I didn't bring them up. Just responding to numbers with better numbers.

We should consider ourselves lucky Buzz Peterson left after 9 months. Where is he coaching now?

9 months of the Buzzard was 9 months to long. He was a terrible hire and a coach TU should have never looked at. Our former AD screwed up big time with that hire.

9 months of the Buzzard was 9 months to long. He was a terrible hire and a coach TU should have never looked at. Our former AD screwed up big time with that hire.

Again.. point missed... but thank you for backing me up on Judy MacLeod.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT