ADVERTISEMENT

TU women’s thread

We are running them off the court. You can tell they're worried about our fast break and ability to push the ball up the court because they haven't sent anyone into the paint to try to grab offensive rebounds. And they're not deep. They dressed 4 extra players and my guess is they don't get much PT unless fouls dictate they play some. They're big but not super athletic and we've made it a point of making the 6'4" have to think twice about just trying to go straight to the basket. We have 2-3 blocks on their bigs and one should have resulted in a jump ball. And their bigs don't know how to set a legal screen. At least two called and there probably could have been 2 others.

Konkol could take a page out of Nelp's offense. So much movement all the time and the weave is actually used to get the defense out of position. So many back door cuts and slip passes going to the basket. And either Arkansas doesn't have a zone defense or they don't want to take the chance of leaving our plethora of shooters open. Like, the piggies have no answer right now and I'm not sure the coach really has anything else he can try. Sort of a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation.

It is. Both in number and energy.
Yes. High energy and the girls are feeding off of it. Piggy fans are a little stunned. They can take their SEC and shove it.

Little disappointed we stagnated offensively the last 4 minutes. Arkansas did go to the zone and we settled in shooting some quick 3s. I'd like to see them run some more clock to find a better shot but I know that's not their nature.

Refs decided to even up the calls in the 2nd quarter. Crawford got called for a foul that wasn't. She beat the Arkansas player to the spot. It was a no call really...just good D. We really move our feet on D. And we're doing a nice job on the glass.

We need to test Piggy's depth. They've got 2 key players with 2 fouls that a quick 3rd would really hamper them.

Kind of reminds me of beating Tubbs and Waymon at the Assembly Center but on a much smaller scale.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Just curious , why is Bruce doing commentary on ESPN? Glad he is , just wondering why

Konkol could take a page out of Nelp's offense. So much movement all the time and the weave is actually used to get the defense out of position. So many back door cuts and slip passes going to the basket. And either Arkansas doesn't have a zone defense or they don't want to take the chance of leaving our plethora of shooters open. Like, the piggies have no answer right now and I'm not sure the coach really has anything else he can try. Sort of a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation.
She runs a better offense than the boys.

Last edited:
Great game! Safe with HK and actually had a good knowledgeable Hog fan in front us.
He said their top two scorers had already entered the portal but, the ladies played one of their best games tonight!

Beat Georgetown!!!

Only Bracket we could have been seeded 3rd and guaranteed homecourt for 3 games if we can go that far.

Reactions: eastcane
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT