ADVERTISEMENT

North Texas State game thread

69-69 2 minutes left
We need the women’s coach to Coach the mens team and not get slaughtered by the top team in our league and always trying hard even when trailing with no fear. In game coaching makes a difference and a record of 17 wins at this stage is a good team

Reactions: TU_BLA
We need the women’s coach to Coach the mens team and not get slaughtered by the top team in our league and always trying hard even when trailing with no fear. In game coaching makes a difference and a record of 17 wins at this stage is a good team
This team is learning. Last year being down 10 in the 4th and this team would have panicked and shot 3 after 3. I cannot understate how much this team needs Young back. Shes a legit 3rd scorer and takes so much pressure off of Poindexter and Crawford. And right now, Crawford may be POY in the conference. She does so many things well.

Would be really sweet if we put together a 5 or 6 game winning streak and didn't lose till USF or @Temple. That would probably give us the RS championship w/ wins over N Texas and UAB.
USF is definitely beatable. We played poorly in the game in Tampa. The game that this team needs to avoid is losses at home to the likes of Temple. Yesterday's effort against a really good team is more like it...and we're playing short handed. Efforts like yesterday are what wins championships.

Haisten writing his typical (I will try to disturb TU) article how Nelp and her best players need to move to P-5 schools as TU pays little, though he acknowledges he doesn't know the salary. Talks about Tubby and Self moving on to "better things" but fails to mention Steve Robinson, Buzz Peterson and Danny Manning who all failed moving on.

Haisten writing his typical (I will try to disturb TU) article how Nelp and her best players need to move to P-5 schools as TU pays little, though he acknowledges he doesn't know the salary. Talks about Tubby and Self moving on to "better things" but fails to mention Steve Robinson, Buzz Peterson and Danny Manning who all failed moving on.
He's not wrong and I don't think he's being overly negative, just real in today's world of D1 college athletics. Right now, it's the the P5s are essentially the Sheriff of Nottingham stealing from the poor to further enrich themselves...and they've made it increasingly more difficult for a Robin Hood to come along and steal from the rich.

He's not wrong and I don't think he's being overly negative, just real in today's world of D1 college athletics. Right now, it's the the P5s are essentially the Sheriff of Nottingham stealing from the poor to further enrich themselves...and they've made it increasingly more difficult for a Robin Hood to come along and steal from the rich.
But much, much less in Women's basketball as Pro ball is a much lesser incentive at this point .

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Certain Tulsa World Sports Writer writes regularly about TU Coaches and athletes moving on because he would move on if someone would hire him in a bigger market but that won’t happen. Must be bitter because he is in a dying media, not really that good at his craft and misery loves company.

He is really sorry jerk I referred basketball at all levels and I was referring a 2nd grade at Union intramurals Haisten was coaching his sons team I called a foul on a player on his team which turned out to be his kid he went beserk I had to throw him out which is very sad A good example for his team

And he only mentions that he doesn't think she makes what the top coaches salaries are now.($700K) He doesn't mention the fact that she has just now proven herself or how a small university would be foolish to pay her a big time salary if she hadn't proven herself. Funds are limited. Now is the time to offer her a raise and see if we can keep her. He is just once again showing his bare ass in relation to TU. I would be so happy if some newspaper in some no name town would offer him 5 or 6k more, and get him out of our hair.

I would be so happy if some newspaper in some no name town would offer him 5 or 6k more, and get him out of our hair.
I’d be happy if the World just terminated his employment. They’ve let go better writers than Hasty Bake.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT