ADVERTISEMENT

TU vs NSU (Exhibition) Tonight.

Please keep updates coming tonight as the game progresses since audio isn't available for this one.

@nevadanatural I'll do my best to post notes and updates here. I likely won't make it until the under 16 media timeout; have to put the little ones to bed first.

The Riverhawks are picked next to last in the MIAA this season. Hopefully we come out and dominate early and often.

Starting Lineup

Etou
Atson
Taplin
Birt
Edogi

I suspect Wheeler ends up starting on opening night.

Atson takes and makes 3 on opening possession.

Agree video is awful and they turn up the sound so Loud for just the video that it makes it worse.

Haith is more active coaching already tonight than he was last game.

Aside: Someone needs to clean the backboards. They're are barely transparent from so much dirt.

18:14 in 1st half still 3-0

Rebounding not very good against D2 team. Igbanu to the rescue.

Korita with a nice assist.

He went in for a layup missed and fell. Managed to get back up and grab the board and find Artison open for a 3.

13:36 TU 12-6

Igbanu looks good most of the time. He really looks like a freshman when he gets defensive boards and tries to make a fast break happen.

Had 2 silly TOs throwing to someone not looking last week and already has 1 more tonight.

His post positioning and rebounding are very nice though.

There will be growing pains. Thanks for the updates, keep them coming.

14-6 TU. Sloppy play thus far. Battle has warmup zipped up. Everyone else has played. Expect the redshirt there.

Korita looked good. Did not shoot but good passing.

Taplin hit a couple now Birt. 20-8 10:03.

7:36 TU up 29-8

NSU is not good for their level. Smaller and not nearly as athletic as Tulsa.

Etou is going to be big time for us on defense. Against these guys he can guard any of their players all night. Against AAC level competition if he gets switched on a guard, he will be able to defend for brief stretches. Also had a nice steal and fast break that resulted in a shooting foul.

Korita has much better court vision than I expected for him. Just had a great pass to a weak side Edogi for an easy layup.

I'm sitting by the NSU bench and the NSU coach keeps talking to Wheeler. I'm not sure about what. Wheeler made a fade away fell down and got up saying something back to the NSU coach. Both looked mad at each other.

Refs don't like NSU coach either gave him a warning. If he comes out of coach's box again he gets technical.

46-17 TU at halftime. Shooting is looking much better. Atson with 2 3s. Artison with 1. Birt with 1. And I think Taplin had 1 as well.

46-17 at the half.

Does that score remind anyone else of a classic TU basketball game ?

56-26 @ under 16:00 timeout. Etou looking good. Birt playing very well on both ends of the court. I like Atson's hustle & D. Wheeler nice inbounds to Igbanu for a dunk,.

Wheeler w/ another nice entry pass to Igbanu for a layup. NSU has no one to guard him. Bad ref calls only defense against Igbanu tonight. 64-26, Igbanu w/ 10 points.

Great extra effort rebounding by Magnay! He looks better each time out!

I'm very impressed by all of the freshmen so far, especially Igbanu.

Korita hasn't taken a shot but has several assists. Could be the best passer on the team.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT