ADVERTISEMENT

TU v Houston game thread

I expect it to be a different story in the Reynolds Center.
I don’t. We can’t shoot well from anywhere. We’re not good at layups, we can’t hit mid range shots, we suck at 3s, and we are horrible at FTs.

And we just let Jeff Spicoli score

Any of us loyal 50+ years supporters of $$$ TU Athletics should be allowed to vent and joke once in a while without being called an “idiot” as TulsaFan01 did!!

Any of us loyal 50+ years supporters of $$$ TU Athletics should be allowed to vent and joke once in a while without being called an “idiot” as TulsaFan01 did!!
Put him on ignore, that’s what I did. I don’t see anything he posts.

Reactions: TulsaFan01
Enjoy the worlds smallest violin while you call the game lost after the first 4 minutes. I stand by what I said..

bad shooting, bad rebounding, bad defense, bad free throw shooting
and disappointing efforts from every single player
this was probably not a winnable game on the road, but it was clearly TU's worst effort this year.
Haith had better get the guys ready for Saturday vs. USF or the nice OOC will be DOWN the drain.
Not a happy camper tonight

Reactions: TulsaFan01
bad shooting, bad rebounding, bad defense, bad free throw shooting
and disappointing efforts from every single player
this was probably not a winnable game on the road, but it was clearly TU's worst effort this year.
Haith had better get the guys ready for Saturday vs. USF or the nice OOC will be DOWN the drain.
Not a happy camper tonight
USF is not what we’re used to seeing. Playing UCONN pretty tough right now.

You people sound dumb af most nights. Houston is a damn good team but we get them at home too. We will beat usf Saturday and you guys will be giddy like little freaking school girls again. Chill the f out

But any of us what seems like rare 21-35 year old Tulsa fans can’t lend their opinion. It sickens me as a 29 year old being a fan every since I was a kid watching the Reynolds center shrink and shrink with fans every year. Just because I’m not a 50+ year old fan doesn’t mean I don’t love and support Tulsa 110% and I hate when people give up on us within the first 5-10 minutes of a game. So block/ignore me all you want. Won’t stop me from rooting for my town, my city, my university.

Reactions: Tulsa76
On a positive note, the espn3 broadcast quality was great tonight. No random outages or audio issues... the only gripe is the color commentator who was so biased he may as well have been wearing a uh shirt.

But any of us what seems like rare 21-35 year old Tulsa fans can’t lend their opinion. It sickens me as a 29 year old being a fan every since I was a kid watching the Reynolds center shrink and shrink with fans every year. Just because I’m not a 50+ year old fan doesn’t mean I don’t love and support Tulsa 110% and I hate when people give up on us within the first 5-10 minutes of a game. So block/ignore me all you want. Won’t stop me from rooting for my town, my city, my university.

Hopefully, all of us on this board love and wish the best for TU athletics. I agree with your last comments. We all wanted a win tonight. I never give up on TU, but do have a meltdown from time to time. Sorry I offended you and Nevadanatural.

Hopefully, all of us on this board love and wish the best for TU athletics. I agree with your last comments. We all wanted a win tonight. I never give up on TU, but do have a meltdown from time to time. Sorry I offended you and Nevadanatural.
No offense taken here.

I haven't read this whole thread but the officiating was very very very very special last night and by special it is some of the worst I have seen in a long time in a game. It was inconsistent and some of the no calls were totally outrageous. I hope tulsa breaks down all the terrible calls for the conference and sends the video in. I know college soccer teams do this all the time. Those officials need to be dressed down and be given a class on what is and is not a foul. It was really, really bad. I felt it really swung the first half.

How as davis so open? Amazing.

Reactions: TU_BLA
I haven't read this whole thread but the officiating was very very very very special last night and by special it is some of the worst I have seen in a long time in a game. It was inconsistent and some of the no calls were totally outrageous. I hope tulsa breaks down all the terrible calls for the conference and sends the video in. I know college soccer teams do this all the time. Those officials need to be dressed down and be given a class on what is and is not a foul. It was really, really bad. I felt it really swung the first half.

How as davis so open? Amazing.

Nah, we just suck. Haith sucks, the program sucks, USF will kick our ass!

Yay.

I think we all hoped we would win this one but I can’t imagine anyone expected
it. It’s not the end of the world and we still have 17 games to go before the
conference tourney.

You're right of course....However, it was not the loss that was so sobering...It
was realizing all the things we would have had to improve on to be competitive
enough to lose by five, say......

Last edited:
Standard qualifying statement I am a football guy not BBall. I listened to Bruce and Rollo broadcast of the game. They called the UH game plan “Bully Ball” stating that the philosophy is take your chances with very aggressive play on defense and crashing the boards because the officials will only call so many. From watching the ESPN3 broadcast with the sound off it appeared that the odds worked for UH. They not only played aggressively but were borderline on some fouls (very Cincinnati like), it really appeared to frustrate and intimidate some of our guys play/shots. Given our depth would it make since for TU to play that type of style?

So we lost because of;
Coaching
Talent
Shot selection
Defense
Rebounding
Unlucky
Or they were just better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT