ADVERTISEMENT

TU v Houston game thread

I don’t like being down double digits on the road but if we can come out with some fire in the second half we can still pull it out.

This game was lost soon after it started! Leave our starters in until they foul out or drop from exhaustion! Won’t happen, but would be interesting.

You are talking to the choir here. Our starters are better and can play 35 minutes easily. They are 19 years old with 5 minute time
outs every five minutes. When we autosub 5 new players it gives the opponents a huge advantage in momentum. That and the rebounding effort by Houston are the difference.

Reactions: JesseTU and Tulsa76
At some point we need to change up our defense and quit letting them have the open three from the wing.

Reactions: URedskin54
At some point we need to change up our defense and quit letting them have the open three from the wing.

I will settle for closeouts that don't involve jumping into the stands on a pumpfake though

How many missed layups can we have? What’s the record for number of missed shots inside 6 feet?

And I see the AAC refs are in mid season form already. These guys are just brutally awful.

Agree with the masses...just getting pounded on the boards...especially offensive rebounding.

Will probably be a rough second half. Outside shooting will need to be abnormally successful to mitigate an a$$ kickin’.

It’s good to see Barnes make a couple of shots.

Dana holgerson looks rough.
maxresdefault.jpg

Houston actually follows their shots. Offensive rebounds in first half, Houston 9 Tulsa 0.

Reactions: Gold*
the Haith subbing did indeed stop TU's momentum - not a surprise - but a surprise that he hasn't figured this out yet ON THE ROAD. But a bigger problem is just a hyper -fast offense that is not needed and just simply bad shooting. Several rimming in an out - and Scott is doing his usual I'm the star and must take over stuff.

UH is in control but I don't think it is over yet.

Last year, TU was down by 20 plus at the half.

Not giving up yet, but unless TU rebounds better, gets hot from D, then this will be a L

This game was lost soon after it started! Leave our starters in until they foul out or drop from exhaustion! Won’t happen, but would be interesting.

You are talking to the choir here. Our starters are better and can play 35 minutes easily. They are 19 years old with 5 minute time
outs every five minutes. When we autosub 5 new players it gives the opponents a huge advantage in momentum. That and the rebounding effort by Houston are the difference.
Actually the rebounding is the entire difference in the game. They’ve hit 2 more 3’s and 3 more FGs and 3 more FTs despite only shooting 1 more FT. Shooting exact same % from the field/3ptFG. Extra possessions because of the 9 offensive rebounds to ZERO. That’s the entire difference.

the Haith subbing did indeed stop TU's momentum - not a surprise - but a surprise that he hasn't figured this out yet ON THE ROAD. But a bigger problem is just a hyper -fast offense that is not needed and just simply bad shooting. Several rimming in an out - and Scott is doing his usual I'm the star and must take over stuff.

UH is in control but I don't think it is over yet.

Last year, TU was down by 20 plus at the half.

Not giving up yet, but unless TU rebounds better, gets hot from D, then this will be a L
That game against Houston last year may have been the worst one we played all season.

We have a preseason all conference player. Taplin. He needs to have s strong second half.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
Yeah I got nothing. We waste possessions and take ugly shots when wide open.

Getting killed on boards, which is partially legitimate and partially awful officiating. I take it three seconds and over the back are points of de-emphasis this year.

Houston is really fast for their size. We don’t have the shooters they do.

If we were ranked 17, there would be a lot mote people in our arena.

Here is a live feed of broadcast crew:
Coog coog coog coog coog coog coog coog cooooog coog cooooog coog coog cooga-cooga -coogy-coog-coog!!!

How can someone be going for the ball, get cross checked and there be no call?

I'm now inclined to believe that our poor rebounding is due to Houston being allowed manhandle us when we go up for a board

Igbanu from here on please. Jeffries? Need his best.

This crew is garbage. Not why we are losing but what a bunch of assholes. I’d try to find a way to stop payment on their checks.

We’re getting some chances but either putting up a poor shot or turning it over. We’re going to have to make a run.

Hard for me to be mad a Joiner. He got hit. Refs have lost control and now the game is garbage to watch

Some really bizarre possession calls tonight. I’m looking forward to getting these guys at home.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
This is unwatchable. We just don’t have effective outside shooting. We have Jefferies and wince up every time he gets a look.

I guess that's what happens when you throw a guy in right now who hardly plays. Definitely not setting Jackson up for success there

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Wish we had guards that could create their own shot. When we try to create it's a turnover.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT