ADVERTISEMENT

TU - ULM game thread

Also, after a good showing against OU...we look terrible the last 2 games. I was ready to give Monty $$$$$$$. Wonder if he has what it takes. We'll see in the next 3 years if he can recruit some skill players, a good QB and some decent secondary players.

Our defense is just embarassing to watch. Our big name guys like Mudoh are below average at best. Wow.

not true. just calling you out on your statement where you said that PM did not have confidence in Dane. You were wrong.
I'm glad I was wrong. I'm glad Monty actually called something other than run over the center. I'm also glad Dane made an accurate throw.

I thought it was the Defense was supposed to be the project. From what I am seeing the Defense is farther along than I thought and the Offense is the real project right now. It has a long ways to go. You can't keep going into the strength of ULM which is there Defensive line.

Reactions: TUGrad06
"it's interesting on these kinda of plays, that they don't try to get ANYTHING outside of the tackles."

"very creative" /sarcasm from the announcers.

hmmm, i didn't know shindelar went to DE. nice to see his huge frame is being used at DE.

I'm a fan of the read option in the red zone which we saw once or twice earlier in the year. It's almost always good for a couple of yards if executed right.
i like it too...but Dane never keeps it does he? our "read option" is really just a hand off, dane keeps it like 1 out of 200 times.

i like it too...but Dane never keeps it does he? our "read option" is really just a hand off, dane keeps it like 1 out of 200 times.

Ya, that's why this offense will be more exciting when a guy like President gets his chance. When the defense has to honor the QB pulling that ball out and running, it opens up a lot of space.

*if he can also sling it around like Dane can*

Reactions: TUGrad06
those plays near the goal line were called hand offs to Langer. Nothing for Dane to "read". Ball was going to Langer no matter what.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
those plays near the goal line were called hand offs to Langer. Nothing for Dane to "read". Ball was going to Langer no matter what.
i know. we were talking about the baylor offense being read option or hand it off up the middle. i'm saying i wish we ran the read option but dane doesn't keep it ever, nor should he even. so that leaves us 1 dimensional with hand offs up the middle.

glad we got the win and the defense and offense came through in the 4th. good rally from poor play in the 3rd quarter.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Defense turned the tide in this game after the offense sputtered in the 3rd quarter. Linscott really took over. Best walk-on player we've had in a long time at TU. 3-2, we're already a win better than we were last season!!!

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT