ADVERTISEMENT

TU - ULM game thread

uhhh ... he just did on the last series. nothing to do with "confidence in Dane" in the redzone. much more to do with the fact that you have a bruiser running back who already has 9 TD's from this distance including 1 earlier in this game.

I don't disagree barrister but to make a point on the red zone offense it is the biggest weakness in the Baylor offense and now our offense. With that said, I have no problem with running it up the middle with Langer I wish we'd do a zone read once or twice just to mix it up. Evans has shown tonight he isn't afraid to throw a shoulder into the defender (not that it should become common or he'll likely get injured).

Let's see what adjustments are made for this half.

Those three are getting it done, but since Tulsa uses 5 receivers at the same time occasionally, I too would like to see Louie get an opportunity...one of the fastest dudes on the team.
While speed is important, there is much more to being an elite receiver than just speed. in fact, many, many of the WR's in the hall of fame were not speed guys. very large % were great route runners who had excellent hands (ie Steve Largent)

Screwed by the f***ing phantom PI call again.

The runs up the middle is just hilarious. Don't believe in Dane to make a play on a short field?
did you stop laughing long enough to see that PM had Dane throw it twice in the red zone on the last series? Unfortunately penalties stymied us again. Guess ole Philly has confidence in Dane afterall.

While speed is important, there is much more to being an elite receiver than just speed. in fact, many, many of the WR's in the hall of fame were not speed guys. very large % were great route runners who had excellent hands (ie Steve Largent)
You're not telling me anything I don't already know. Louie had a nice season last year as a true freshman. I believe he was the fourth-leading receiver. With Lucas out, it's odd not to see anything from Louie at all.

That was another 14 point swing. TU had a TD called back, then FG was blocked and ULM goes down to score. Instead of 27-10, it's now 20-17. TU can't be happy with just two TDs off of 400 yards of offense.

You're not telling me anything I don't already know. Louie had a nice season last year as a true freshman. I believe he was the fourth-leading receiver. With Lucas out, it's odd not to see anything from Louie at all.
Garrett, Atkinson, Hobbs and also Floyd playing really well. Maybe Louie did not practice well this week or did something to get on PM's nerves?

We aren't very good, but Monroe is on an emotional high given their starting QB passed away last week.

This all starts with the O-Line and they aren't even close yet. Things will get better.

I don't think we're not very good, but I think we've regressed between the ears since OU.

The run up the middle play should be killed.

Me starting a rumor:

BLANKENSHIP IS BACK CALLING PLAYS!!1¡!

Yes barrister, I saw the passing plays in the red zone...and it worked. Shocking I know even though you would prefer to run run run into the Center's butt and hope Langer falls forward. Hobbs finally did well. He caught a pass as a WR. Good thing Floyd just dropped an easy pass. Maybe he and Hobbs have swapped?

Shocking I know even though you would prefer to run run run into the Center's butt and hope Langer falls forward.
not true. just calling you out on your statement where you said that PM did not have confidence in Dane. You were wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT