ADVERTISEMENT

TU at Tulane

A good read. Yeah, i guess he sat on the screen, which is a smart play when the tackle stops blocking you...the QB still threw it right at him. If its not open, you throw it at the feet and take the incompletion. I guess a blind squirrel can find a nut at some point when the nut is placed in his lap.

Shindelar did make an incredible play. A zone blitz that worked to perfection.

And I agree that Shindelar should also play TE, he would be a perfect piece to use on our play actions where he can release to the flat or run a post or corner route. A dude with his size and speed should not be on the bench on offense. But, as we've all seen with Monty, very incredibly poor play calling and unlikely finds a way to utilize a player like Shindelar on offense.

Reactions: RealTUTypical
Why do you even follow. When we suck you make sure everyone knows. When we make a good play its because it was given to us. I don't care how much I like something, if it makes me that miserable I let it go.

When someone revels in their misery on a consistent basis, it can be annoying as hell. Do it quietly, and just bother yourself.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
If you planned to be 12-0 or 11-1 then this wasn't a good year. But if you followed two disaster years with 6-6 and a bowl for a first time Head Coach and a team that had some carryover problem and your expectations were reasonable then you have to be happy. Some people just enjoy griping.

When Tulane had the ball on their first turnover, I was shouting at the TV "come on you scrubs, you wait all year to play this good? You guys are due for a fumble or an interception, there's just no way this team can play a perfect game!?" The defense couldn't stop Tulane (all but twice I can recall), but they were able to steal when it counted, and I think it's awesome that it was the defense that won us a ballgame. I hope they carry that energy and excitement with them into a bowl game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT