ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Waiver

Yeah trying to say Embery was run-off makes no sense

Particularly when coaching change has been such a solid performer, especially with a move closer to home thrown in.

Hell wait till late and see what the other schools are doing for the Arkansas transfers and copy the damn thing with names replaced if nothing else.

53 out of 61 have been approved. 59 kids are still waiting to hear.

Sound like they are behind the 8 ball if they have only been through half of the transfer apps. The season starts in 6 to 10 days for almost everybody..

TU still waiting for Haywood or has it already been decided? Saw that the World said he won't play, but never heard it confirm.

TU still waiting for Haywood or has it already been decided? Saw that the World said he won't play, but never heard it confirm.

In the post-game interview today, Haith said they were still waiting on a decision.

Either you approve all transfers or you approve none. This is bull:crap:.
Greg Gard-Wisconsin HC, also went off about the whole transfer waiver thing in a press conference either yesterday or the day before. Of course ESPN and Bilas are all over that one but they could care less about the TU guys.

Greg Gard-Wisconsin HC, also went off about the whole transfer waiver thing in a press conference either yesterday or the day before. Of course ESPN and Bilas are all over that one but they could care less about the TU guys.

It’s good folks are speaking out about it.
There doesn’t seem to be any standards or guidelines around these that are consistently applied.

Of course, that’s how it is with all things involving the NCAA.
What was it? “National Communist Against Athletes”?

And our AD has Arkansas ties. It’s just nuts. I wouldn’t be so fast to blame
him, other than there have been several years of general ineptitude. But
hey, he hired Frank Haith away from Mizzou11111!
:sunglasses:My opinion of Haith seems to switch from game to game, and season
to season.....But at best, by most all accounts, he is a mixed blessing!

To his credit (and Shea's mostly), If they can recruit a really good 'big' in
the incoming class, he has a chance for the best team we have had since
he has been here in the '20-'21 season......

Last edited:
It’s good folks are speaking out about it.
There doesn’t seem to be any standards or guidelines around these that are consistently applied.

Of course, that’s how it is with all things involving the NCAA.
What was it? “National Communist Against Athletes”?
Love it. A quote from one of the great thinkers of all time.... The Boz!

:sunglasses:My opinion of Haith seems to switch from game to game, and season
to season.....But at best, by most all accounts, he is a mixed blessing!

To his credit (and Shea's mostly), If they can recruit a really good 'big' in
the incoming class, he has a chance for the best team we have had since
he has been here in the '20-'21 season......
Yes

Yes need quality big but unless KES and Hayward better than advertised still need shooter. And I do think they are better than anyone else we have now. Missing Phipps kick in the groin and may lead to end of haith

Yes

Yes need quality big but unless KES and Hayward better than advertised still need shooter. And I do think they are better than anyone else we have now. Missing Phipps kick in the groin and may lead to end of haith
Time will tell, but from a durability and defensive standpoint Phipps may not turn out being the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. He’s a great shooter, and a solid HS player, but he’s going to need to bulk up some and will that affect his shot. Bryce seemed to be the defensive stopper for BTW, so time will tell.

Everyone but us, especially other AAC members—Temple, Houston, SMU, etc

Meanwhile William's transferred from ECU (an Arkansas kid) to New Mexico St and was immediately eligible.

Is there any doubt left our AD has massively failed?
None. I think most on this board knew he was not cut out for the job 2 years ago.

None. I think most on this board knew he was not cut out for the job 2 years ago.

When you hire a guy as AD from the worst D-1 school for attendance Eastern Michigan (approx. 5,000 per game) you get what you deserve I guess.

Never understood the hire from the beginning.

GO TU!!!!

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Yes need quality big but unless KES and Haywood are better than advertised
still need shooter. And I do think they are better than anyone else we have
now. Missing Phipps kick in the groin and may lead to end of Haith

KES was a really good shooter in HS, but not so much his fr. year @ AU...
Perhaps Mike Anderson was feeling the pressure, and that environment
might not have been the very best for a fr. guard....Haywood is noted as
an outside shooter/defender, and should be a big help....

It's hard to tell what *rating Williams will end up with out of HS, but it has
been a long time since we have had two 4*s on our team at the same
time....Both KES and Rachal were 4*s out of HS.....

Next year could be a good one....But as others have said, getting a
ready-to-play 'big' in the incoming class will be crucial...I wouldn't want to
go into next season with Ugboh and Earley and no depth behind them.......

KES was a really good shooter in HS, but not so much his fr. year @ AU...
Perhaps Mike Anderson was feeling the pressure, and that environment
might not have been the very best for a fr. guard....Haywood is noted as
an outside shooter/defender, and should be a big help....

It's hard to tell what *rating Williams will end up with out of HS, but it has
been a long time since we have had two 4*s on our team at the same
time....Both KES and Rachal were 4*s out of HS.....

Next year could be a good one....But as others have said, getting a
ready-to-play 'big' in the incoming class will be crucial...I wouldn't want to
go into next season with Ugboh and Earley and no depth behind them.......
KES was dealing with injuries at AU.

Reactions: t-townpod
ESPN's top pick for players getting immediate transfer waiver.

Quentin Grimes, Houston: The former five-star prospect and projected lottery pick needed to regain his confidence after an inconsistent freshman season at Kansas, and Grimes really broke out against Rice in the third game of Houston's season. He finished with 32 points, 9 rebounds and 5 assists in a comeback win. He's averaging 15.8 points, 4.3 rebounds and 3.5 assists, and just needs to find consistency.

Those who thought TU's difficulty in getting immediate transfer waivers was due to Haith's trouble with the NCAA must have not known about Sampson's NCAA run ins. His AD made a very persuasive case to the NCAA.

ESPN's top pick for players getting immediate transfer waiver.

Quentin Grimes, Houston: The former five-star prospect and projected lottery pick needed to regain his confidence after an inconsistent freshman season at Kansas, and Grimes really broke out against Rice in the third game of Houston's season. He finished with 32 points, 9 rebounds and 5 assists in a comeback win. He's averaging 15.8 points, 4.3 rebounds and 3.5 assists, and just needs to find consistency.

Those who thought TU's difficulty in getting immediate transfer waivers was due to Haith's trouble with the NCAA must have not known about Sampson's NCAA run ins. His AD made a very persuasive case to the NCAA.
Great points.... Haith is a choir boy compared to Sampson. Plausible deniability was never a possibility to excuse any of Sampson's transgressions.

Great points.... Haith is a choir boy compared to Sampson. Plausible deniability was never a possibility to excuse any of Sampson's transgressions.
A lot of transgressions on Sampson's part were impermissable phone calls and text messages that are now legal. Money exchanged hands to players with some of the stuff that happened on Haith's watch.

Sampson got a show cause, brau. Haith didn’t. He pissed someone off a long time ago, but from what I can tell, his explanation checks out. Sampson left a lot of money on the table in his stint as an NBA assitant.

Reactions: rusty-c
Sampson got a show cause, brau. Haith didn’t. He pissed someone off a long time ago, but from what I can tell, his explanation checks out. Sampson left a lot of money on the table in his stint as an NBA assitant.
A lot of people thought that Show Cause was really undeserved, just sayin'.

A lot of people thought that Show Cause was really undeserved, just sayin'.
At the time, based on the volume of his transgressions he got what he deserved. Technology has changed, and the rules changed to reflect that and thus those contacts would be legal. The NCAA just nailed him on what they could prove.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT