ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Waiver

I.I.

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
NCAA is making decisions at this time.. We should hear soon. Hopefully our A.D. has approached this properly. Here's the latest on the transfer to Iowa State:

AMES, Iowa -- Iowa State guard Rasir Bolton will be eligible for the upcoming season, a move that should vastly improve the Cyclones' chances of competing for an NCAA tournament berth in 2019-20.

The Cyclones announced Tuesday that Bolton, who averaged 11.6 points per game last season as a freshman at Penn State, was granted an NCAA waiver for immediate eligibility.

NCAA is making decisions at this time.. We should hear soon. Hopefully our A.D. has approached this properly. Here's the latest on the transfer to Iowa State:

AMES, Iowa -- Iowa State guard Rasir Bolton will be eligible for the upcoming season, a move that should vastly improve the Cyclones' chances of competing for an NCAA tournament berth in 2019-20.

The Cyclones announced Tuesday that Bolton, who averaged 11.6 points per game last season as a freshman at Penn State, was granted an NCAA waiver for immediate eligibility.
Do we know the circumstances surrounding his transfer other than Penn State sucks as a basketball school?

This is another situation of the P5 schools getting what they want and schools like us getting screwed so the NCAA can still feel like they have some control over the situation.

Our staff is still optimistic.
I know but I don't trust the NCAA and the arbitrary nature of most of their decisions. We had the football player who transferred from Auburn to be closer to his family in OKC because one of his parents (dad maybe) was sick. No waiver granted. Kid who transferred from Coastal Carolina to Virginia Tech because his mom was sick. No waiver granted. Justin Fields loses the starting QB job at UGA and wants to transfer to Ohio State...waiver granted.

Reactions: TU Man
Another approval by the NCAA. Tillman transferred from Utah to UNLV. No coaching change at Utah. Concerning Embery-Simpson, Arkansas did have a coaching change.

Tu is not a P5 though...we know they take that into account
Neither is UNLV. And that kid is apparently from the Detroit, Michigan area. So, I'm curious to see how this goes down. For some reason I feel like we'll get screwed while the likes of Houston gets their KU transfer.

Because Haith and we made someone mad when we rightfully complained about losing to Clemson years ago.

Clemson? When did we play Clemson?
1997 NCAA tournament. Refs took Shea out of the game w/ 3 quick fouls and we nearly still won the game with the best player on the court playing only a handful of minutes. Refs screwed us over in this one. Everyone does realize that TU was basically about 6 collective minutes from going to 4 Sweet Sixteens in 4 years (1996 was the Louisville catastrophe)

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/boxscores/1997-03-16-clemson.html

Oh, I thought we were saying that Haith complained about a Clemson game. I was like, Haith probably hasn't played Clemson since he was at Miami lol. I knew about the NCAA game.

Clemson? When did we play Clemson?
1997 NCAA tournament. Refs took Shea out of the game w/ 3 quick fouls and we nearly still won the game with the best player on the court playing only a handful of minutes. Refs screwed us over in this one. Everyone does realize that TU was basically about 6 collective minutes from going to 4 Sweet Sixteens in 4 years (1996 was the Louisville catastrophe)

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/boxscores/1997-03-16-clemson.html
I was there. Drove up with my dad. Travesty.

I was there. Drove up with my dad. Travesty.

I was there too. We would have won had we not missed 15 free throws. Shea’s teammates let him down from the line that day.

Refs sucked, but we still should have won.

Here’s another one. When are we going to hear about Embery-Simpson?

So I looked up Charlie Moore. Started at Cal, played one year. Coach left, so he transferred to Kansas, sat out a year, played sparingly last year, so he’s now at DePaul. Moore is from Chicago.

If we don’t get a waiver for KES, something is seriously wrong with the NCAA.

If you are wondering about timing, one needs to ask about the compliance staff issues we have in graggs department. Look up when our waiver was filed "correctly"

This is Gragg’s waiver. We should give him credit.

It takes awhile for the ncaa to get to the letter “T”.
We should just play him regardless.

This is something that’s supposed to be Gragg’s strength. Why the delay? Someone needs to ask Haith if he ever has a call in show prior to the season what the hell the problem is with our waivers.

I’m having a difficult time understanding why the hell this hasn’t been resolved one way or the other. Somebody seemingy has dropped the ball somewhere along the way.

I’m having a difficult time understanding why the hell this hasn’t been resolved one way or the other. Somebody seemingy has dropped the ball somewhere along the way.
Dude, there are a ton of teams with still pending waiver requests. We just need to wait our turn. It’s honestly probably a file in a pile on someone’s desk.

The only difference I see in Embery is maybe his transfer isn't so far from his hometown that it makes much of a difference in terms of being close to home, and he played a tad more than the two guys (Phillips who transferred at out in January and Ali who redshirted) who got waivers. Hopefully neither of those things make too much of a difference.

In other news, we're right behind Tulane alphabetically so maybe we'll hear something soon! Lol

The only difference I see in Embery is maybe his transfer isn't so far from his hometown that it makes much of a difference in terms of being close to home, and he played a tad more than the two guys (Phillips who transferred at out in January and Ali who redshirted) who got waivers. Hopefully neither of those things make too much of a difference.

In other news, we're right behind Tulane alphabetically so maybe we'll hear something soon! Lol
Wishful thinking...

Tulane isn’t passing us in basketball and in football we won’t be down long with real leadership at the coaching position.
I like the optimism, and hope that this truly is the case. Right now the scales seem to be fairly balanced, but if leadership isn’t improved we’re going to be in Their rear view mirror.

Last edited:
We need leadership in the administration first and foremost. That is the area we are really lacking talent.

Reactions: TigerCane16
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT