ADVERTISEMENT

This is the Democratic Party.

An aside: waiting for Trump's base to have a backlash on his wanting Illegal aliens to get green cards after graduating from college. Trump moderating some of his policies to win the election? Of course those moderations don't have to be kept, when he gets in office.

Yup…..they all usually move to the middle pre election. Then the vocal extremes of both parties start screaming post election and all bets are off

We are talking major league corruption sometimes tied to the cartels. They want the aid package to go up to include the welcoming costs, not down. Saying you are going to reduce the aid means they close all airports to all the flights. Which they have done. Which backs up the numbers and pretty soon the government is explaining to 60 minutes why teenage girls are pissing in plastic bags outside El Paso instead of toilets. We have some leverage, but not much, especially since the Chinese will write them a check for whatever we withhold.

When you see on TV that the Vice President or the Secretary of Defense or Homeland Security is in the Northern Triangle to discuss multilateral co-operation, that is usually what the meeting is really about. We are there to say we will pay and get assurances on transportation routes and repatriation numbers in exchange for the cash up front. But that only buys us 24 hours of relief, more will enter between ports of entry everyday. The deputation queue will fill back up quickly. Or you turn them loose.

That’s why you hear people talk about push and pull factors and minimizing those. Famine from natural disasters pushes people up. You minimize that by sending aid, though that mostly gets embezzled. Word gets out that an egg farm in Ohio is paying $20 an hour for kids 14 to 17 to work 16 hour days. They do the math and see they will make more in a month than a year in rural Honduras doing similar work, so that pulls them up.

You can’t manage the logistics. Even if you have the money and men, the folks that control this game simply surge and overwhelm all your logistics. Texas got a dose of that with that tiny border rush they handled poorly.

You have to approach it from the standpoint of reducing reasons to come to America and then have a regulatory scheme that disincentizes illegal entry in the interior. We aren’t doing a very good job at either right now. And the system itself prevents complicated trade off that make it unwinnable in the opinion of some,
I almost equate it to running a store. People come in, pick up what they want and pay for the goods at checkout. Other people come in and steal what they want and are arrested outside the store. They are then released with goods in hand and go on their merry way. Zero incentive to follow legal activity…,and many people in the US not only accept it but vocally support it.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Meh… immigration is only an issue that Republican politicians actually care about 12 months prior to an election. The rest of the time they’re too busy employing the illegals.

Meh… immigration is only an issue that Republican politicians actually care about 12 months prior to an election. The rest of the time they’re too busy employing the illegals.
Guess we should be thankful someone cares about this cluster even if it’s 1 out of ever 4 years. You have any substantive thoughts on the current situation other than partisan gibberish?

Last edited:
Guess we should be thankful someone cares about this cluster even if it’s 1 out of ever 4 years. You have any substantive thoughts on the current situation other than partisan gibberish?
If you only feign to care about something once in a blue moon, then you don't really care. You just want ammunition.

100% true.

for some reason it is too much of a burden to require every employer to check i9s.

I mean if you wanted to kill illegal immigration just run out to every new construction site and check the employers

Every white owned, American roofing business subcontracts out its labor to illegal crews. They know every single one of the contractors employs illegals but since they don't "employ" them, what can they do right ? It might be too much of a "burden" to run their i9s

How many illegals did Kevin Hern employ at McDonald's?

Hell how many did Trump employ at his hotels?

The Biden Administration prohibited ICE conducting work site enforcement actions on their first half day in office.

Fraudulent work documents are prevalent in the illegal community. The Feds have shown little interest in checking work site requirements in the last several years. Just like catch and release, the system is broken.

The responses to this issue is the perfecf example as to why we can’t make progress on this issue. We would rather blame white roofers (guess Hispanic owned are exempt), MacDonalds, Hern, Trump, etc. Extreme partisanship makes it virtually impossible to even discuss the issue as we’ve seen in this thread. Don’t want to discuss a problem…let’s deflect while throwing out partisan jabs. Joy

Last edited:
100% true.

for some reason it is too much of a burden to require every employer to check i9s.

I mean if you wanted to kill illegal immigration just run out to every new construction site and check the employers

Every white owned, American roofing business subcontracts out its labor to illegal crews. They know every single one of the contractors employs illegals but since they don't "employ" them, what can they do right ? It might be too much of a "burden" to run their i9s

How many illegals did Kevin Hern employ at McDonald's?

Hell how many did Trump employ at his hotels?
if Americans didn’t get free money from the gov. they would do these jobs when they get hungry.

Fraudulent work documents are prevalent in the illegal community. The Feds have shown little interest in checking work site requirements in the last several years. Just like catch and release, the system is broken.

The responses to this issue is the perfecf example as to why we can’t make progress on this issue. We would rather blame white roofers (guess Hispanic owned are exempt), MacDonalds, Hern, Trump, etc. Extreme partisanship makes it virtually impossible to even discuss the issue as we’ve seen in this thread. Don’t want to discuss a problem…let’s deflect while throwing out partisan jabs. Joy
I only deflect because this is not nearly the most pressing thing facing our country…. And people have still refused to comment on the fact that overall immigration has, as of late, been a benefit to the economy.

International affairs between the USA, China, Russia, and India…
The war in Ukraine
Finishing the fight on inflation,
Driving down budget deficits
Making businesses and the extremely wealthy pay a fair tax rate, and ending under taxed cap gains investment / untaxed loans backed by stock packages
The corruption of the Supreme Court
Climate Change
Improvement of the Electric Grid
Fixing a broken Medical System
Fixing a broken Higher Education System
Suring up Social Security

All things which I think are much more important than immigration policy that Republicans refused to even try to compromise on anyway, simply because it would have given Biden a win and taken a talking point away from Trump.

Last edited:
I only deflect because this is not nearly the most pressing thing facing our country…. And people have still refused to comment on the fact that overall immigration has, as of late, been a benefit to the economy.

The war in Ukraine
Making businesses and the extremely wealthy pay a fair tax rate, and ending under taxes cap gains investment / untaxed loans backed by stock packages
Climate Change

All things which I think are much more important than immigration policy that Republicans refused to even try to compromise on anyway, simply because it would have given Biden a win and taken a talking point away from Trump.
So as posters of we don’t believe the issue being discussed isn’t one of the most important problems facing this country the proper response is to go on the partisan rant which deflects from the question posed ? We’ve never had such a standard on this board. You clearly don’t care to discuss this issue in a substantive manner which is fine. I don’t see the need to clutter up the discussion with partisanship regarding a topic which shouldn’t be partisan.

So as posters of we don’t believe the issue being discussed isn’t one of the most important problems facing this country the proper response is to go on the partisan rant which deflects from the question posed ? We’ve never had such a standard on this board. You clearly don’t care to discuss this issue in a substantive manner which is fine. I don’t see the need to clutter up the discussion with partisanship regarding a topic which shouldn’t be partisan.
I go on a partisan rant because the issue is fundamentally partisan…, it’s only brought up because it’s a topic of partisan divide that one side uses as a stick to beat the other with, and when offered an opportunity to negotiate and do something about it they refused to take action…. Mostly so they could keep holding their stick.

Do you not see the irony that you’re talking about not being partisan while asking to talk about a non-priority issue in a thread about the Democratic Party???

Are the people who are actually doing labor beneficial to our larger economy actually the ones we want to target?
I don’t want to target anyone. I want the immigration process to work. Capturing an illegal to only immediately release and not track them is not acceptable. The system is broken. Also, picking up someone in this country illegally is not targeting. It’s enforcement. Maybe if an illegal is caught in the states but he has a verified job have a different process than someone who doesn’t. The figure cited above is only half find employment during the first year in the county. Not sure what the net benefit is with those numbers but I’m willing to treat those who are contributed differently.

I go on a partisan rant because the issue is fundamentally partisan…, it’s only brought up because it’s a topic of partisan divide that one side uses as a stick to beat the other with, and when offered an opportunity to negotiate and do something about it they refused to take action…. Mostly so they could keep holding their stick.

Do you not see the irony that you’re talking about not being partisan while asking to talk about a non-priority issue in a thread about the Democratic Party???
Doesn’t really matter whether we talk about in the Dem or Pub thread since we don’t have an immigration thread. The topic is in the Dem thread because the Biden Admin is currently the party making the decisions re immigration. My point has always been that most of the issues cited shouldn’t be partisan. I get frustrated when the far left and far right posters go on partisan rants instead of engaging in substantive discussions. I’m not necessarily talking about you btw. Going on a tangent about Herns and McDonalds is an example. Adds zero.

I’m on record stating the #1 issue facing us is the deficit and inflation btw.

Last edited:
Reactions: HuffyCane

The war in Ukraine
Making businesses and the extremely wealthy pay a fair tax rate, and ending under taxed cap gains investment / untaxed loans backed by stock packages
Climate Change

corruption in the fbi
corruption in the doj
corruption in the congress

When it’s 12 year old girls in meat packing plants at 3 a.m., yes.
I’m sorry, your punch card allowing criticism of child labor violations was revoked when you neglected to defend the regulations Republicans have been fighting to get rid of. We do this crap to our own citizens, not to mention immigrants.

Man they really punished Chelsea Manning and Julian Assange. Seven & Five(never spent in a US prison) years is a really great deterrent.

I don't see how they could not have separated the charges against either of them from infringing on journalism. There has to have been a way to keep journalists out of the fray.

I walk in and out of my building everyday during the morning, going to see clients, or leaving with two televisions glued to fox “business” telling us about the border. How is Stuart Vargas or Maria Bartiromo still on television? How do people want to watch that junk?

If that was trump, all they would do is pop bottles with every time nvidia clears a new number, the S&P breaks a new record and oil production breaks a new record.

It has always been my belief that that watch network don't actually participate in any kind of business. It is some sad stuff, but there are so many who love getting their news from an Australian publisher to play to their worst fears.

I walk in and out of my building everyday during the morning, going to see clients, or leaving with two televisions glued to fox “business” telling us about the border. How is Stuart Vargas or Maria Bartiromo still on television? How do people want to watch that junk?

If that was trump, all they would do is pop bottles with every time nvidia clears a new number, the S&P breaks a new record and oil production breaks a new record.

It has always been my belief that that watch network don't actually participate in any kind of business. It is some sad stuff, but there are so many who love getting their news from an Australian publisher to play to their worst fears.
market us up.
buying power is down

I’m sorry, your punch card allowing criticism of child labor violations was revoked when you neglected to defend the regulations Republicans have been fighting to get rid of. We do this crap to our own citizens, not to mention immigrants.
I have no idea what you are talking about. I just know the Democrats are aware some of their immigration policies force tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of children into forced labor here in the USA. And do it anyway. And fight any change tooth and nail. Why?

You’re out of touch. Not sure if CNN or MSNBC crap is the problem here. Not saying Fox is any better btw. The average person doesn’t give a rats ass about oil production. They don’t even particularly care about the S&P. They care that they can’t afford the house now they could pre pandemic. They care they are having to put food and other necessities on credit cards because their pay checks haven’t kept up with the rising costs on those items. In short, the care about their struggles paying the bills in everyday life. Some might even care were about to fall off a financial cliff and the current Admin seems oblivious to the same.

Biden’s problem isn’t Fox or the Pubs. Biden’s problem is almost 20% of Americans who supported him four years ago don’t today. Those people don’t watch Fox. They probably don’t watch CNN or MSNBC either. They are people who are struggling. This isn’t a conspiracy. Hell…it’s not even complicated. As I often say…it is what it is.

Last edited:
You’re out of touch. Not sure if CNN or MSNBC crap is the problem here. The average person doesn’t give a rats ass about oil production. They don’t even particularly care about the S&P. They care that they can’t afford the house now they could pre pandemic. They care they are having to put food and other necessities on credit cards because their pay checks haven’t kept up with the rising costs on those items. In short, the care about their struggles paying the bills in everyday life. Some might even care were about to fall off a financial cliff and the current Admin seems oblivious to the same.

Biden’s problem isn’t Fox or the Pubs. Biden’s problem is almost 20% of Americans who supported him four years ago don’t today. Those people don’t watch Fox. They probably don’t watch CNN or MSNBC either. They are people who are struggling. This isn’t a conspiracy. Hell…it’s not even complicated. As I often say…it is what it is.
when we produce less gas, imported gas costs more, causing everything to cost more

You’re out of touch. Not sure if CNN or MSNBC crap is the problem here. The average person doesn’t give a rats ass about oil production. They don’t even particularly care about the S&P. They care that they can’t afford the house now they could pre pandemic. They care they are having to put food and other necessities on credit cards because their pay checks haven’t kept up with the rising costs on those items. In short, the care about their struggles paying the bills in everyday life.

You underestimate the media's influence, and who watches it. The things you talk about are influential, but so is the media's presence in altering the viewers impression of Biden & Trump. If there are problems people are dealing with, seemingly in relation to one candidate or another, then all the media has to do, is slightly alter perception out there, to have a big effect. The effect becomes exponential. All the media has to do is keep repeating themselves. If people hear it repetitively, their mind often sees it as true. That which they questioned the first time or two, becomes their truth.

Last edited:
Man they really punished Chelsea Manning and Julian Assange. Seven & Five(never spent in a US prison) years is a really great deterrent.

I don't see how they could not have separated the charges against either of them from infringing on journalism. There has to have been a way to keep journalists out of the fray.
They probably agreed to delete and destroy any files /servers that contained information dealing with the DNC, HRC, JRB, BHO and any of their minions or associates.. as well as hand over any information relating to their opposition.

They probably agreed to delete and destroy any files /servers that contained information dealing with the DNC, HRC, JRB, BHO and any of their minions or associates.. as well as hand over any information relating to their opposition.
Did he steal aTUfan's id? How bout posting a real response, instead of a gotcha response. His sarcasm is funny about every 278 posts. This must be #135.

• Haha
Reactions: noble cane
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT