ADVERTISEMENT

This is the Democratic Party.

Thought this was interesting. 2/3rds of voters in the swing states believe Biden won’t complete a second term if elected.

Thought this was interesting. 2/3rds of voters in the swing states believe Biden won’t complete a second term if elected.

The poll numbers are the numbers…. I still don’t understand why people are fearful of Biden’s age / health any more than Trump’s. Nothing about Trump has shown that he is more likely to complete a term than Biden.

In purely actuarial terms, per the SSA, Biden’s life expectancy factoring in only his age and gender, is roughly 7.4 years…. Trump’s with the same independent variables is 9.5.

When you take into account their relative weights…. Trump’s effective age is probably much closer to Biden’s, if not worse…

They both had parents that lived until their late 80’s / 90’s.

Last edited:
The poll numbers are the numbers…. I still don’t understand why people are fearful of Biden’s age / health any more than Trump’s. Nothing about Trump has shown that he is more likely to complete a term than Biden.

In purely actuarial terms, per the SSA, Biden’s life expectancy factoring in only his age and gender, is roughly 7.4 years…. Trump’s with the same independent variables is 9.5.

When you take into account their relative weights…. Trump’s effective age is probably much closer to Biden’s, if not worse…
I don't fear his age, it's his polices

border, foreign, big government, spending, ...
In all honesty, immigration was one of our saving graces that prevented a recession. The government is big no matter which party is in office. Foreign policy we won’t really know about for a number of years, and his foreign policy has been somewhat derailed by Congress.

Spending is not a uniquely Democratic issue. Pubs spend just as much. They just do it in different ways.

In all honesty, immigration was one of our saving graces that prevented a recession. The government is big no matter which party is in office. Foreign policy we won’t really know about for a number of years, and his foreign policy has been somewhat derailed by Congress.

Spending is not a uniquely Democratic issue. Pubs spend just as much. They just do it in different ways.
the border is wide open, too much gov control, we have abandoned Israel, ...

the border is wide open, too much gov control, we have abandoned Israel, ...
Why didn’t you support the bipartisan border bill? We have absolutely not abandoned Israel…. And even if we had…. What does that mean to you as an American?

I’m guessing it’s based on having to step down due to failing cognitive ability and not death.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Notice they didn’t give you the number on how many voters think Trump won’t complete a second term. Ask why.
Because despite some indicators that he is physically and/or mentally infirm at times, nobody generally fears that for him. Doesn't mean it's not going to happen. At their age it could happen tomorrow, with either one.

I’m guessing it’s based on having to step down due to failing cognitive ability and not death.
It’s not like Trump has shown youthful exuberance in the past few months. He’s displayed clear cognitive decline as well…. That and the fact that apparently he can’t be asked to pay attention for more than 20 minutes without falling asleep or becoming distracted.

Between Trump’s mid-work naps, his needless self indulgence, and his constant golf trips, I don’t know how he actually gets any work done at all.

Maybe if he had semi competent people surrounding him I would feel better about him managing as a decision maker…. But his admin was a :crap:show of incompetence…. Biden’s had a few stinkers as well (as noted on this board) but by and large his admin has been broadly competent, though not excellent.

It’s not like Trump has shown youthful exuberance in the past few months. He’s displayed clear cognitive decline as well…. That and the fact that apparently he can’t be asked to pay attention for more than 20 minutes without falling asleep or becoming distracted.

Between Trump’s mid-work naps, his needless self indulgence, and his constant golf trips, I don’t know how he actually gets any work done at all.

Maybe if he had semi competent people surrounding him I would feel better about him managing as a decision maker…. But his admin was a :crap:show of incompetence…. Biden’s had a few stinkers as well (as noted on this board) but by and large his admin has been broadly competent, though not excellent.
I would feel a lot better about Biden if Yellen wasn’t still directing our monetary policy. Why she has not been relieved of her duties is one of life’s many mysteries. Calling her a stinker is insulting to all those who stink.

I would feel a lot better about Biden if Yellen wasn’t still directing our monetary policy. Why she has not been relieved of her duties is one of life’s many mysteries. Calling her a stinker is insulting to all those who stink.
You would rather have her predecessor Mnuchin? He was the one who architected the tax cuts that cost the country a ton in revenue, worsening your much lambasted about debt problem, and not actually driving much GDP growth. (Let’s also not mention that most of his tax benefits went to a small handful of billionaires)

You would rather have her predecessor Mnuchin? He was the one who architected the tax cuts that cost the country a ton in revenue, worsening your much lambasted about debt problem, and not actually driving much GDP growth.
Absolutely. Yellen advocated throwing a trillion dollars into an economic environment experiencing shortage of materials and labor. Even I knew the result of that policy. She completely misread this “transitory” inflation and failed to act to curtail the damage due to her misjudging of the economic environment. The fact she stills has a job is borderline criminal.

I wasn’t a fan of the tax cut and even less of a fan of the deficits. However, until the pandemic we were experiencing ideal growth, ideal inflation and steady increases in real wages. Economic times were pretty damn good

Absolutely. Yellen advocated throwing a trillion dollars into an economic environment experiencing shortage of materials and labor. Even I knew the result of that policy. She completely misread this “transitory” inflation and failed to act to curtail the damage due to her misjudging of the economic environment. The fact she stills has a job is borderline criminal.

I wasn’t a fan of the tax cut and even less of a fan of the deficits. However, until the pandemic we were experiencing ideal growth, ideal inflation and steady increases in real wages. Economic times were pretty damn good
Bull crap. Growth was similarly stagnant to how it had been under Obama which you complained about. Wages were still stagnant. Inflation was under control but todays inflation is due to much more complex global economic variables than existed prior to 2020. (One of the main things being the Chinese slowdown and the economic fallout caused by recovering from the Pandemic and Russia’s invasion of Ukraine)

Yellen, in terms of her intelligence and competency is lightyears in front of Mnuchin who was gifted his career track because his dad was a Goldman Sachs lifer. He then proceeded to profiteer Sears into the ground. He also was a key influencer in the markets that lead to the real estate crisis in 2008 and rolling back bank regulation which re-introduced more risk into the economy. Dude shouldn’t be anywhere near the Treasury.

Last edited:
Reactions: HuffyCane
Bull crap. Growth was similarly stagnant to how it had been under Obama which you complained about. Wages were still stagnant. Inflation was under control but todays inflation is due to much more complex global economic variables than existed prior to 2020. (One of the main things being the Chinese slowdown and the economic fallout caused by recovering from the Pandemic and Russia’s invasion of Ukraine)

Yellen, in terms of her intelligence and competency is lightyears in front of Mnuchin who was gifted his career track because his dad was a Goldman Sachs lifer. He then proceeded to profiteer Sears into the ground. He also was a key influencer in the markets that lead to the real estate crisis in 2008 and rolling back bank regulation which re-introduced more risk into the economy. Dude shouldn’t be anywhere near the Treasury.
Wrong. Real income growth was fantastic under Trump. Combine that with low inflation and GDP growth in the 2.5% range and times were good. Don’t mind 2.5% growth at all if real income is rising and inflation and unemployment are low (the three key components).

Yellen has failed miserably. If an attorney in Tulsa is more in tune to the economy than the Treasury Sec you know it’s time for her to go. Her tenure has been nothing but a clown show. One misstep after another. Missteps I called out as she was making them. You if I recall bought into her transitory BS so I do understand why you would still support her here. She needed to go the second she failed to understand our economic situation.

Real income

Because despite some indicators that he is physically and/or mentally infirm at times, nobody generally fears that for him. Doesn't mean it's not going to happen. At their age it could happen tomorrow, with either one.
I get it. The remark was generally directed towards the fact that there are all kinds of polls directed for many different reasons. You often can’t draw fair conclusions from poll results without asking basic questions about why other related questions aren’t asked. And how they are asked.

You mean like his National Security Advisor who said on October 2, 2023 that due to Biden Administration efforts, Hamas was de-escalating military activities in Gaza? lol.

You mean like his National Security Advisor who said on October 2, 2023 that due to Biden Administration efforts, Hamas was de-escalating military activities in Gaza? lol.
Let’s not forget the illustrious record of our Secretary of State. Peace across the globe.

Wrong. Real income growth was fantastic under Trump. Combine that with low inflation and GDP growth in the 2.5% range and times were good. Don’t mind 2.5% growth at all if real income is rising and inflation and unemployment are low (the three key components).

Yellen has failed miserably. If an attorney in Tulsa is more in tune to the economy than the Treasury Sec you know it’s time for her to go. Her tenure has been nothing but a clown show. One misstep after another. Missteps I called out as she was making them. You if I recall bought into her transitory BS so I do understand why you would still support her here. She needed to go the second she failed to understand our economic situation.

Real income

I think the problem is that an attorney in Tulsa thinks he knows more than a generally well regarded PHD economist.

By the way, the chart you showed accounts for household income, not wages, which remained stagnant under Trump. What influenced both the numbers you are showing were increases in hours worked and the drop in unemployment. The unemployment number is okay, but it also tightened the labor market and drove inflation.

Last edited:
Let’s not forget the illustrious record of our Secretary of State. Peace across the globe.
Do you really want me to name the litany of ineffectual or corrupt Trump staffers and cabinet members? I can start typing but we’ll be here all day.

I think the problem is that an attorney in Tulsa thinks he knows more than a generally well regarded PHD economist.
Sadly for the American people the attorney in Tulsa has been correct more than the PHD economist over the last three years. Especially regarding inflation.

Do you really want me to name the litany of ineffectual or corrupt Trump staffers and cabinet members? I can start typing but we’ll be here all day.
If you look at prosperity at home and peace abroad the records aren’t even remotely close. Yellen and Blinken’s performance speaks for itself. We haven’t even mentioned the fact we built a huge floating pier outside of Gaza, stocked the same with aid, without figuring out a way to get said aid to the people of Gaza. Again…clownshow.

If you look at prosperity at home and peace abroad the records aren’t even remotely close. Yellen and Blinken’s performance speaks for itself. We haven’t even mentioned the fact we built a huge floating pier outside of Gaza, stocked the same with aid, without figuring out a way to get said aid to the people of Gaza. Again…clownshow.
Some of the policies of the previous administration in the region are partially responsible for inflaming tensions with the Muslims surrounding Israel. So saying that they were great promoters of peace doesn’t make sense.

I think you have a tendency to assign culpability to the person left holding the hot potato and ignore the influence on the situation that all the people prior to that had….

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Some of the policies of the previous administration in the region are partially responsible for inflaming tensions with the Muslims surrounding Israel. So saying that they were great promoters of peace doesn’t make sense.

I think you have a tendency to assign culpability to the person left holding the hot potato and ignore the influence on the situation that all the people prior to that had….
Tensions between Muslims and Israel have been around for decades. Like Yellen, Biden’s people grossly misread the situation (see statement from National Securty Advisor). If innocent people weren’t dying it would be comical. Like it or not the party in power takes ownership of disasters such as what we’re seeing on the world stage. Especially when they misread the landscape so poorly. We’ve spent almost half a billion dollars to build a pier of Gaza and we still can’t get aid to the people there. Just one miscalculation after another. Yet….all these people still have their jobs.

Tensions between Muslims and Israel have been around for decades. Like Yellen, Biden’s people grossly misread the situation (see statement from National Securty Advisor). If innocent people weren’t dying it would be comical. Like it or not the party in power takes ownership of disasters such as what we’re seeing on the world stage. Especially when they misread the landscape so poorly. Yet….all these people still have their jobs.
Couldn’t have anything to do with the US moving its embassy, or supporting land grabs in the Golan Heights, etc… under Pompeo….. that wouldn’t make any sense would it?

The Afghanistan debacle couldn’t have had anything to do with Pompeo negotiating for the expedient release of 5000 imprisoned Taliban fighters…..

Ukraine couldn’t have had anything to do with Pompeo ignoring it and multiple security advisers who shot up signals about what was going on and while he was taking the advice of Rudy Guliani of all people on Ukraine policy.

None of what has gone on at the state department could have to do with the fact that under Pompey a bunch of career diplomats left their posts to be replaced with Republican loyalty appointees….

That’s before we even talk about him misusing his position in the CIA and State department for his own personal errands and violating the Hatch Act to support Donald Trump’s election, then propping up his big lie about a stolen election….

BTW I predict that Pompeo is going to be Trumps VP pick. I also predict that within 4.5 years after them taking office the US will suffer another major disaster (either economic or international) on the scale of Covid or The Great Recession or 9/11. If I had to put a date on it I would say winter or spring of 2028, mostly because that about how long it will take them to screw up enough that something major goes wrong.

Last edited:
Couldn’t have anything to do with the US moving its embassy, or supporting land grabs in the Golan Heights, etc… under Pompeo….. that wouldn’t make any sense would it?

The Afghanistan debacle couldn’t have had anything to do with Pompeo negotiating for the expedient release of 5000 imprisoned Taliban fighters…..

Ukraine couldn’t have had anything to do with Pompeo ignoring it and multiple security advisers who shot up signals about what was going on while taking the advice of Rudy Guliani of all people on Ukraine policy.

None of what has gone on at the state department could have to do with the fact that under Pompey a bunch of career diplomats left their posts to be replaced with Republican loyalty appointees….

That’s before we even talk about him misusing his position in the CIA and State department for his own personal errands and violating the Hatch Act to support Donald Trump’s election, then propping up his big lie about a stolen election….

BTW I predict that Pompeo is going to be Trumps VP pick.
Doubtful. Hamas had attacked Israel in 2008, 2009, 2012, 2014 and 2021 prior to Oct 7. It was the Biden Admin who grossly misread the situation in the ground in Gaza re Hamas. It was the Biden Admin’s policy which allowed Putin in Ukraine with minimal resistance (he obviously didn’t learn a lesson from Crimea). It was Yellen who grossly misread our economic situation. Notice a pattern here. Again….everyone still has a job. Stop deflecting blame and start placing it where it belongs. These individuals screwed up…period.

Putin's desperation in Ukraine probably had nothing to do with Hamas' timing on this. The price of tea in china is definitely Biden's fault. Everything is not Biden's fault.

Putin's desperation in Ukraine probably had nothing to do with Hamas' timing on this. The price of tea in china is definitely Biden's fault. Everything is not Biden's fault.
Presidents always get the credit during times of peace and prosperity and take the blame in times of economic troubles and world conflicts which we are involved….right of wrong. The optics regarding Biden hasn’t been particularly good due to the remarks made by his appointees regarding things like inflation and Gaza. Not to mention the fact those people haven’t been replaced. I still don’t understand how we spend almost $500M building and staffing a pier off the Gaza coast without a viable plan to distribute the aid to the people of Gaza. Seems that should have been addressed prior to spending the $500M.

Presidents always get the credit during times of peace and prosperity and take the blame in times of economic troubles and world conflicts which we are involved….right of wrong. The optics regarding Biden hasn’t been particularly good due to the remarks made by his appointees regarding things like inflation and Gaza. Not to mention the fact those people haven’t been replaced. I still don’t understand how we spend almost $500M building and staffing a pier off the Gaza coast without a viable plan to distribute the aid to the people of Gaza. Seems that should have been addressed prior to spending the $500M.
I thought you were on Israel’s side anyway? Maybe the pier and the support was Biden quelling domestic / international calls for peace so Israel could finish the job. You never know

Doubtful. Hamas had attacked Israel in 2008, 2009, 2012, 2014 and 2021 prior to Oct 7. It was the Biden Admin who grossly misread the situation in the ground in Gaza re Hamas. It was the Biden Admin’s policy which allowed Putin in Ukraine with minimal resistance (he obviously didn’t learn a lesson from Crimea). It was Yellen who grossly misread our economic situation. Notice a pattern here. Again….everyone still has a job. Stop deflecting blame and start placing it where it belongs. These individuals screwed up…period.
I do not agree that they screwed up…. At least not any more than any of their predecessors did.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT