ADVERTISEMENT

Temple @SMU

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Temple played well for the first 30 and just dreadful since. Add that to some home court ref treatment for SMU plus the fact that they already treat Shake Milton like he’s in the NBA and call a foul on the defender every time he takes the ball into the lane is just ridiculous. He uses his off arm as well as Jimmy Butler and Russell Westbrook.

SMU has 2 players who are scary. Shake and Emelogu. Chargois getting schooled by Rose from Temple and there is now way he can guard Etou or Igbanu. Landrum looked lost in the couple minutes I saw him in the floor. Temple has a lot of nice looking players who can also look awful. They are what I would call Sybil.

Temple ends SMUs 33 game Home winning streak 66-64. SMU is going to start asking not to play any of the TUs in the AAC in Moody anymore.

Temple 1-4 in AAC, SMU 2-3 in AAC.

Our non-con has had a rough string of losses and hurt our RPI, but I don’t think we could ask for a better start to conference play for an opportunity to finish in the top 4. 3 early losses for SMU, 4 for Temple, 2 each for UCF and UCONN.

But wait... I’m confused... that god awful absolutely horrible team just beat UCF, the preseason 3rd place team and is going to wax the floor with Tulsa, by 9. The same horrible team TU did beat in a double OT thriller?!?!

Wow, with how horrible Haith and Ollie are at coaching, I can’t believe Dawkins, a 2x NIT champion and 1x Sweet 16 coach, must be over at UCF!!!!!111111 I bet UCF has already fired Dawkins when his plane lands in Orlando!!!!!11111111

I didn't realize SMU hadn't lost a home game since our win there in 2016.

But wait... I’m confused... that god awful absolutely horrible team just beat UCF, the preseason 3rd place team and is going to wax the floor with Tulsa, by 9. The same horrible team TU did beat in a double OT thriller?!?!

Wow, with how horrible Haith and Ollie are at coaching, I can’t believe Dawkins, a 2x NIT champion and 1x Sweet 16 coach, must be over at UCF!!!!!111111 I bet UCF has already fired Dawkins when his plane lands in Orlando!!!!!11111111
I still don't think UCONN is all that great. They have some good players but only 3 actually produce anything for them and if one of those 3 struggle they're in trouble. And UCONN is generally really good at home and a tough place to play. Heck there were 2 or 3 games I felt we should have won there, including the AAC tourney semi against them, and weird things happen to visiting teams.

Most of us have been on the thought process that Wichita State and Cincinnati were the top 2 teams and the next 5-6 were all pretty interchangeable in where they could finish depending on off nights/on nights, weird breaks, etc. That's still exactly the way things are shaking out.

BTW, SMU is in trouble with Jankovich and his x's and o's. That last play he drew up for the last shot was dreadful. Yeah, everyone in the building "knew" Shake was getting the ball, so Jankovich ran a misdirection and had Emelogu take the shot, running away from the basket and catching the ball with his back turned to the basket with .4 on the clock. That's just stupid. You're also only down 2, at home...throw a ball to the rim or the paint. Temple was about to crack if that game had to go 5 more minutes. SMU's comeback was probably more driven by the guys on the court than it was by anything Jankovich did (it reminded me of the year Buzz was here).

And now that I've seen Landrum actually play on a college court...we got a better player in Joiner.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT