ADVERTISEMENT

Sunshine Slam roll call

nevadanatural

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
Loca and I will be in Daytona Beach for the Sunshine Slam in about 10 days, is anyone else going? I’ve been to a lot of early season tournaments with TU from multiple Vegas trips to Charleston and Myrtle Beach and I’ve only seen two wins (that I can remember), I’m hoping to double that total that weekend. My wife and I will be spending a week there doing the tourist thing. I think it’s been about 17 or 18 years since we’ve been to Daytona.

Reactions: loca2874
I would like to.. but after just getting back from miami.. i dont think i could deal with the hassle of air travel again for a year or so...

Between the crotch grabbing TSA, multiple flight cancellations and reroutes (who knew the most efficient way to miami was OKC-CHI-DC-MIA), and over 16 hours in a mask, I am done travelling for a while....

I would like to.. but after just getting back from miami.. i dont think i could deal with the hassle of air travel again for a year or so...

Between the crotch grabbing TSA, multiple flight cancellations and reroutes (who knew the most efficient way to miami was OKC-CHI-DC-MIA), and over 16 hours in a mask, I am done travelling for a while....
I’m traveling from the west so I’m hoping I don’t have any cancellations. I’m leaving home at 6 AM and arriving at almost 8 PM as it is.

You should have come to the first round of the Sunshine Slam here in Tulsa. We had a big tussle with Air Force in the play-in game for the tournament. The sponsors must have decided to advance us instead of Air Force.

You should have come to the first round of the Sunshine Slam here in Tulsa. We had a big tussle with Air Force in the play-in game for the tournament. The sponsors must have decided to advance us instead of Air Force.
no offense to everyone in Tulsa but if the choice is to fly to Tulsa in November or Daytona Beach in November, well its really no choice at all.

Reactions: KSUJean
Bummed that the sunshine slam isn’t on tv.,. Instead you have to buy each game individually on something called “flosports” to stream online only.

Bummed that the sunshine slam isn’t on tv.,. Instead you have to buy each game individually on something called “flosports” to stream online only.
For what it’s worth, a related company “flomarching” streams high school band competitions and is actually a pretty good service.

For what it’s worth, a related company “flomarching” streams high school band competitions and is actually a pretty good service.
Interesting. I’m sure they make a decent amount from parents who want to watch their kids but can’t go to the competition.

either way, it’s kind of small-time not to have a D1 basketball event not be on actual tv (or ESPN+ at the very least).

intro-1605966988.jpg
That’s unfortunate, because not only is it on some obscure service, you’re subjected to constant interruptions by their ‘sponsor’.

Flying Breeze non-stop to Tampa from Tulsa, then driving up I-4 to the game for $89 r/t.

Will PN the Atlantic while floating with the dolphins after we win both!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT