ADVERTISEMENT

Since we ended the regular season tied at 6 and 0

libertychamp

I.T.S. Position Coach
Sep 23, 2007
Record are we regular season co champions with rings or only if we beat Cincy at their place in the championship game ? 2020 championships in football and basketball.Did they ever hang a banner at Reynolds Center for the basketball championship?

Last edited:
Reactions: quincy101
We are definitely co-conference champions for 2020, whether Aresco & the rest of the AAC office acknowledges it or not. We should absolutely declare this.

Tulsa did everything right. Tulsa was undefeated in conference play. Only Cincinnati & the AAC office were part of keeping the regular season title game from happening.

Reactions: TU83
Football doesn’t have regular and post season championships like basketball. That would only work if you started a conference tournament for football.

Until this season with UCONN leaving, we would’ve been declared AAC western division champions.

Because of the garbage the AAC & Cincinnati pulled, I definitely think we need to claim a regular season championship. To allow Cincinnati to bail on playing in Tulsa 2 different times & then reward them with hosting the championship game, the AAC is acting like a second rate, unethical organization.

Many posters on here predicted this well ahead of time. I thought they were being cynical. I am disappointed in the AAC.

Regardless, TU beat every conference team that was willing to play them. This team deserves recognition of that fact.

Football doesn’t have regular and post season championships like basketball. That would only work if you started a conference tournament for football.
Yeah, the banner for football is a mental banner.

Besides where would you hang it? In the clubhouse luxury boxes?

Rotating to a luxury box near you!

Yeah, the banner for football is a mental banner.

Besides where would you hang it? In the clubhouse luxury boxes?

Rotating to a luxury box near you!
You put a plaque on the Case Center, in the Case Center, and you fly a championship banner on one of the flag poles outside Skelly for the entire 2021 season. And you change your Twitter Handle to Tulsa Football-2020 AAC Regular Season Champions

And I hope we drill Cincinnati. Don't let up and run the score up as high as you can against the cowards

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT