ADVERTISEMENT

Semi Ojeleye signs with agent

The beginning of the end?
Relative to their last three or four years, yes! They will still have some good players
and be competitive, but I would be shocked if they were still dominant.....

You would have to feel the overflow crowds will start to thin out.....

I want to wipe that S.E.G. off vanilla milk shake"s face at home, then do a repeat performance on the road. Then if we get lucky, we get a chance to rub it in all over again in the tourney.

Last edited:
15ZigG0.gif

I read last week he was staying in draft no matter what. He's a senior by age. No reason to wait. Maybe Shake can transfer to Emporia State to support Lowe's NFL quarterback career aspirations.

They still have Shake, Foster, and Emelogou and Jimmy Whitt (a 4 star transfer from Arkansas who sat out this season) and they get McMurray second semester before we play them. It looks like they will get a 6-8 grad transfer from Georgetown as well. Plus the recruits they have coming in.

It seems like they only have a couple legit bigs. It will be interesting to see how they play without many bigs and without a guy like Ojeleye who could out - athlete our frontcourt guys.

I seriously hope that the same fate falls upon them as did their illustrious football program in the 80's. What a fiasco... Dear God, what happens when Larry Brown creeps out of his tomb regardless of location.

I know that Shake gets a bad wrap on this board, and to some level he's earned it, but that sleeze bag Brown has a knack for drawing players in regardless of ethics and then leaving before the shiz storm hits. He's going to be in the league one day, but his journey isn't going to be what he thought it to be. He was a great kid coming out of Owasso and has just gotten eaten up by the system.

I seriously hope that the same fate falls upon them as did their illustrious football program in the 80's. What a fiasco... Dear God, what happens when Larry Brown creeps out of his tomb regardless of location.

I know that Shake gets a bad wrap on this board, and to some level he's earned it, but that sleeze bag Brown has a knack for drawing players in regardless of ethics and then leaving before the shiz storm hits. He's going to be in the league one day, but his journey isn't going to be what he thought it to be. He was a great kid coming out of Owasso and has just gotten eaten up by the system.
They have the Internet in Owasso, he could have found out about Brown if he'd wanted to. I'm sure he went in with eyes wide open, how could he not.

Shake knew what he was doing when he signed with Brown. He chose to sign with a win at any cost coach. When you knowingly sign with a known cheater... well!

Reactions: Larry Lewis
Shake knew what he was doing when he signed with Brown. He chose to sign with a win at any cost coach. When you knowingly sign with a known cheater... well!

I tend to agree with this assertion... the kid knew what he was getting into. There's no way he was naive enough not to know Larry's history and SMU's background in cheating.

Reactions: TU Sepp
They were going to fall with him or without him. If he stayed they'd be firmly in the crosshairs of the NCAA by now and without, the inevitable fall that is occurring as we speak occurs. I guess they appreciate probation over death penalty.

And to the point of Milton knowing, I'm certain that he was aware but when your 17 years old you think everything will be cool and work out. I work with kids his age on a regular basis and they don't always make the best decisions. Rather they make the decision that feels right. With age and experience come wisdom and most 17-18 year olds just don't have it. This is an experience he'll learn from and even though his mouth has occasionally made him the target of well deserved criticism we the adults have at some point got to let it go because our we've earned our wisdom. I just enjoyed watching the young man play in a couple of tournaments while he was in HS.

Milton wanted to leave town for college. Lots of people do that, including many people on this board I am sure. Let's look forward not back.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Trying to look at it from Shake's perspective, he may have very well thought that this is just the way the game is played and Brown is no different than any of the others. My guess is that sentiment is probably closer to the truth than many people want to admit.

At the end of the day, he's at smu whether that works out for him or not, but I'd be willing to say there is more than one factor that persuaded him to leave Tulsa... some were probably related to immature thinking while others pertained to differences between the two institutions.

We had our chances but it didn't work out. There are PLENTY of other great prospects out there and Haith has some good talent coming in. I'm eager to see how the team looks this coming season - I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised at the improvements being made.

You guys never had you chance w Shake, Landrum, Chargois or anyone else we choose to take from that town. You weren't top 4 for any of them. This thread brings the awesome. Ragging on LB while hiring Haith away from Mizzou in a decided step down, escaping investigation. Now Mizzou is a power and you're Haith's Tulsa. Nice work

You guys never had you chance w Shake, Landrum, Chargois or anyone else we choose to take from that town. You weren't top 4 for any of them. This thread brings the awesome. Ragging on LB while hiring Haith away from Mizzou in a decided step down, escaping investigation. Now Mizzou is a power and you're Haith's Tulsa. Nice work

Take a long hard look at SMU sports... what have they really done over the last decade? A LOT less than Tulsa has... that's for damn sure.

Jealous ponies envying our basketball success and judging by the spelling and grammar it's real ponies typing with their hooves.

SMU fans, students have a superiority complex that is magnified by their lack of sports success and a lingering anger over the death penalty. But, SMU keeps coming back to hire worn out cheaters that get them in trouble over and over. It's sad really how mediocre they are.

We didn't really want Chargois.(You may not in a year or two either.) We shoved off on an early signee with McDowell, and you took our sloppy seconds. It took you a couple of years to figure out that one as well.

Shake had a personal problem with TU, that was a young immature bogus beef. He wasn't considering TU because of that problem before you even started recruiting him. The only one you got was Landrum, and we shoved off and got some better recruits. Because of that beef with Shake, he was probably talking in his ear all the time anyway.

Go away troll.

SMU trolls are so cute. I live in Dallas and the ego people have for SMU sports right now is hilarious. "Chad Morris is going to make us awesome!! We will be in an Access bowl this coming year! blahhhh!" or my personal favorite "We don't need Larry Brown to survive..he's a good guy and not a cheater at all!"

Guess what losers? The downfall of your basketball program has already started under Jankovich whether you want to admit it or not. I like Chad Morris and hope he does well there, but that's about it.

As far as bashing Haith? Sure, he had some issues in the past, but has good talent coming in, and we will pass SMU up in the near future. You aren't getting those recruits that Larry cheated for anymore.

LOL at you...again.

Top 2. We basically told him to go to SMU. Maybe he learns to shoot in Dallas. I doubt it.

I can't find any records. How did these awesome SMU recruits do in the state playoffs this year? I expected they would be in the championship game, but it doesn't show those teams played. Must be broken.

Is Chargois healed up?

Reactions: Bill Lowery
I love SMU bragging about winning the recruiting battles without actually winning games that matter. It's like the dumb fat kid acting like he's God's gift because he has expensive shirts. Which pretty much is SMU I guess.

I don't understand all the hate for Chad Morris. He's an awesome offensive coordinator for Clemson. They just won the national championship. What does he have to do with SMU?

Reactions: cmullinsTU
I don't understand all the hate for Chad Morris. He's an awesome offensive coordinator for Clemson. They just won the national championship. What does he have to do with SMU?
I love Morris and think he is a high character guy. You wish he was someplace other than SMU. He did a great job for us and I certainly root for him.

I love Morris and think he is a high character guy. You wish he was someplace other than SMU. He did a great job for us and I certainly root for him.

Wait? Hold the phone! Morris is at SMU? What is he thinking? I take it he must be brand new there.

He's a good guy. Wish he would have waited for a better gig before jumping from Clemson to SMU. Maybe he just wanted to be closer to home.

In other words, I wish the guy wasn't in that cesspool, but he made the choice when better jobs would have surely presented themselves if he'd have just been patient.

Let's put some more bait out for SMU fans.

Free J Crew products if you respond to this thread! Free J Crew! Will get you in touch with Douglas Wojcik of Southwest F. Tulsa!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT