ADVERTISEMENT

Season tips off tomorrow night

mcane

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
Do we know anything about Jacksonville State? It's weird but true that the next game is @ Wichita State - a tough challenge for a young team.

They went 8-23 last year in the OVC. Fired their head coach in the off season and hired Ray Harper (former Oklahoma City U and Western Kentucky head coach).
Harper may be good enough to turn this program around but I've got a feeling it will take a while.

I was going to ask the same thing! Looking forward to seeing what this team is capable of. There will be quite a few bumps early on but I think we will be better then most are predicting

I'm glad somebody started a thread, I thought BB season was going to go by unnoticed. I know that team building will be taking place for the entire season but we should have a good idea of what we're going to see by the end of this month. If we are 5-0 or 4-1 we should be cheering hard and watching ratings come March. If we are 3-2 we should still be looking at a respectable season and middle of the pack in the AAC. 2-3 or worse and it's definitely "wait until next year" time. I'm hoping for scenario A and expecting scenario B.

I'm hoping for 4-1 through the first 5 games; from what I've seen I think 3-2 is an almost certainty - although I didn't think there was any chance we'd lose to ORU last year or the year before that.

Honestly, my expectations cover the entire spectrum. We could be 5-0 or 0-5 and I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest either way.

I would be surprised if we are worse than 2-3. I have no clue what to expect from our guards against D1 competition, however our bigs are far too talented for us to lose to New Orleans or Jacksonville State.

dannysheridan posted Vegas odds last night - opening at TU by 13. My guess is that is just last year's Sagarin, with adjustments up and down.

Nobody knows much about either team tonight. We have mostly new players and they have a new coach.

My guess on TU starting 5:

Taplin
Atson
Birt
Etou
Edogi

Well I missed that but makes me more confident in my guess ;)

dannysheridan posted Vegas odds last night - opening at TU by 13. My guess is that is just last year's Sagarin, with adjustments up and down.

Jacksonville State was 8-24 last season and last in the East Division of the Ohio Conference. No idea what they have returning. Should be a fairly easy opening as long as we show up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT