ADVERTISEMENT

Season Ticket Holders Survey

Didn't we have the best defense in years this season? And wasn't the guy starting at QB his crown jewel recruit? It sounds like he has the talent he wants, he just can't win with it. It's on him for not recruiting a kicker or a offensive line that can block for more than 2.5 seconds

Interesting. I’ll take your word for it. I mean that. I assumed when they put that plaque up on the stadium with his name in big letters and mine and others in smaller print that the size of the font was directly proportional to the size of the check.

Interesting, I thought the big HA Chapman part was about the big to,w donors. Huh. I guess that was just for :crap:s and giggles.

So did anyone else complete the survey? I may take them up on the offer and attend that Boise game.

Is parking terrible?

Reactions: TU_BLA
Interesting. I’ll take your word for it. I mean that. I assumed when they put that plaque up on the stadium with his name in big letters and mine and others in smaller print that the size of the font was directly proportional to the size of the check.

Interesting. I thought the huge HA Chapman part was the name of the foundation that gave the majority of the money to refurbish the stadium. I guess they just put that up there for the fun of it.

Interesting, I thought the big HA Chapman part was about the big to,w donors. Huh. I guess that was just for :crap:s and giggles.
The Chapman trust funded half of the initial project in 2007 and were given naming rights. My recollection is that Mr. Case made up a fair portion of the other half and the project would not have happened without both participating. There were additional outlays in 2008 for Field Turf, some plaza improvements, Case Center/lockerroom amenities and other stuff Mr. Case was also a big part of paying for iirc. We made up the rest with bonds and the widow’s mites of folks like me. It’s been awhile. I could be wrong and be confusing donors. I do know his vision and contribution are unmeasurable and he’s not even an alumni.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
This is BS. Haith hasn’t tried a new thing since he’s been at Tulsa.

Also, Monty was two missed chip shot field goals from bowling. Our football team played a really tough schedule and performed decently in every single game. I didn’t ever feel like Monty’s team gave up on him this year. Haith’s team has given up on him pretty much every season but 1.

True, we were close to turning several games that would have had this team in a bowl game... but we were not "in" every game. The one game on our schedule that shows how good our coaching staff is we got blown out. Navy has less "talent" but plays with discipline and will blow out poorly coached teams. I rest my case on that [banana]
And a good coach in football would have won the division with this team.

The Chapman trust funded half of the initial project in 2007 and were given naming rights. My recollection is that Mr. Case made up a fair portion of the other half and the project would not have happened without both participating. There were additional outlays in 2008 for Field Turf, some plaza improvements, Case Center/lockerroom amenities and other stuff Mr. Case was also a big part of paying for iirc. We made up the rest with bonds and the widow’s mites of folks like me. It’s been awhile. I could be wrong and be confusing donors. I do know his vision and contribution are unmeasurable and he’s not even an alumni.

I could be wrong, but I believe we double dipped on the Chapman's. Case was instrumental in the endzone facility but the pretty sure renovation was almost all the foundation.

That's the older coach he brought in. It has smoothed out some of the roughest parts of Haith's coaching. The weird subbing has disappeared and we get much more set roles. Our plays out of time outs are much better, he also patched the baseline run/screen vs our 3-2 defense with a man follow. So long as the top three guards communicate well about the roll across the top to keep the shape we will be very effective in the zone with select use.

Now the question is how long will it take to see the progress of our posts under Kwanza, big men can sometimes be slower to show the result of good coaching.
This I know.

He also is probably responsible for a little tighter defense on the perimeter.

We've hoped beyond all hope that the new assistant coaches that he seems to pull in almost every year, would sway him away from these picadillos in his coaching style. Never happened.

Whether it's becuz he's a voice of more experience or what, he's the one who had the influence to pull him in the opposite direction. At this point in his career I doubt he would just wake up and say I'm going to try something completely new and improved. After 35 years of coaching I imagine it usually requires a little birdy sitting on his right shoulder that he'll listen to.

One way or the other, he tried new things, that's all that matters.

This I know.

He also is probably responsible for a little tighter defense on the perimeter.

We've hoped beyond all hope that the new assistant coaches that he seems to pull in almost every year, would sway him away from these picadillos in his coaching style. Never happened.

Whether it's becuz he's a voice of more experience or what, he's the one who had the influence to pull him in the opposite direction. At this point in his career I doubt he would just wake up and say I'm going to try something completely new and improved. After 35 years of coaching I imagine it usually requires a little birdy sitting on his right shoulder that he'll listen to.

One way or the other, he tried new things, that's all that matters.
I think it has less to do with new coaches and more to do with the fact that he finally recruited a couple guys that could defend in the post.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT