ADVERTISEMENT

Season Ticket Holders Survey

Babe the Blue Ox

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Oct 3, 2001
You simply can’t make this stuff up.

I just got the email with a link to the annual season ticket holder’s survey. It comes with 2 free b-ball tickets to the Boise game.

I completed the survey and submitted but got a message that my responses couldn’t be saved.

Why not? It looks like they added an ‘s’ to the destination of the survey results.

TulsaHurricanes.....

Reactions: Gold* and TulsaAM
It’s a conspiracy so no one gets tickets.
giphy.gif

Reactions: HuffyCane
Mine went through. I also let them know I won’t be renewing tickets next season until there are commitments to leadership changes at both the AD and football HC levels. No one at TU will care. I don’t give enough money for anyone to care what I think.

The threshold for how much you give for someone to care has gotten really high apparently. I know people who give close to six figures and they aren’t being listened to.
We give in the five figures+ in athletics and have given in the higher five figures the past 5 years to the academics side. We’ve supported TU athletics for decades, but It’s over until athletics proves it can sustain a viable (more wins than losses) football program and the administration backs off the True Commitment BS. In my 58 years of support for TU as a student and alumnus, I’ve never been so pissed off at the current circumstances.

We give in the five figures+ in athletics and have given in the higher five figures the past 5 years to the academics side. We’ve supported TU athletics for decades, but It’s over until athletics proves it can sustain a viable (more wins than losses) football program and the administration backs off the True Commitment BS. In my 58 years of support for TU as a student and alumnus, I’ve never been so pissed off at the current circumstances.
It’s sad to say, but there arent that many alumni and boosters at this level of giving. It would shock a few of you if you knew how small this group is. And this is an increasingly familiar refrain. When it comes to guys like 76, I’m hearing again and again that doors are closing and will not reopen.

As for BLA and others who “don’t give enough for them to listen.” I think you’d be surprised how attentive they will be. For a lot of people on campus right now, doing things the way they’ve always been done is a really bad idea. They aren’t going fawn over you, or offer free tickets or apologize, but they will take your constructive advice and aggregate it over time. They are trying. The GHC people are relatively new, but Jerry, Kyle, Bryant, etc there’s a good core of people over there right now who are highly motivated and know what they are doing and know not to ignore or piss off people like you. Call them. Don’t be surprised if they ask you to come down to Case and chat.

It’s sad to say, but there arent that many alumni and boosters at this level of giving. It would shock a few of you if you knew how small this group is. And this is an increasingly familiar refrain. When it comes to guys like 76, I’m hearing again and again that doors are closing and will not reopen.

As for BLA and others who “don’t give enough for them to listen.” I think you’d be surprised how attentive they will be. For a lot of people on campus right now, doing things the way they’ve always been done is a really bad idea. They aren’t going fawn over you, or offer free tickets or apologize, but they will take your constructive advice and aggregate it over time. They are trying. The GHC people are relatively new, but Jerry, Kyle, Bryant, etc there’s a good core of people over there right now who are highly motivated and know what they are doing and know not to ignore or piss off people like you. Call them. Don’t be surprised if they ask you to come down to Case and chat.
I appreciate your comments, I really miss our previous GHC folks who left like Conner Mieir,, Cris Maxon, etc. I still ❤️my TU! I will continue my support when I see a little progress!

If they finally realize that Gragg is a huge part of the problem!! That would heal most of the pain!! He needs to be let go immediately for the good of the university.

And womens bb hc

The women's team just dismantled what should be a top 100 rpi team on Monday. But yes she needs a post season appearence in a similar way to Haith and Monty.

Football is the fire we need to put out. Basketball has been decent and the women's team hasn't been terrible. Football is killing us. Its costing us revenue and local support/attention.

I don't plan on buying season tickets next year or making my (small) donation to the Golden Hurricane club. I had planned on paying for my niece to join as a Christmas present. I will give her the choice, but it was a very sad face I saw when we left early for one of the few times ever on saturday.

Reactions: Tulsa76
The women's team just dismantled what should be a top 100 rpi team on Monday. But yes she needs a post season appearence in a similar way to Haith and Monty.

Football is the fire we need to put out. Basketball has been decent and the women's team hasn't been terrible. Football is killing us. Its costing us revenue and local support/attention.

I don't plan on buying season tickets next year or making my (small) donation to the Golden Hurricane club. I had planned on paying for my niece to join as a Christmas present. I will give her the choice, but it was a very sad face I saw when we left early for one of the few times ever on saturday.
Basketball has not been decent. Decent is the NIT.

Reactions: TU Man and Tulsa76
Depending on what the donors decide on football, it seems like we should be able to do both.

Wasn't there the rumor that unless Haith has a significant performance boost that his buyout goes to nearly nothing?

Let’s put it this way: basketball is a “nice to have” but football is a “have to have”. We’ve got to get that mess fixed first and it’s got to be done right.
It's not like we're just not showing up for games in football though. We were very competitive against a tough schedule. I think there's a good chance that even with a new coach, football gets even worse before it gets better. I just think we'd have a better chance of fixing basketball this offseason. Whoever gets handed the keys to the football team is going to have to deal with losing pretty much their entire starting defense.

Really, both changes are necessary.

Last edited:
Like we didn't expect that response from you, at least you are predictable.

Lol I assume Ashton is whining about Haith again. His last bit of credibility left with his condoning of Monty after a 3-9 season. He just hates Haith for whatever reason and his opinion is skewed by it.

Let’s put it this way: basketball is a “nice to have” but football is a “have to have”. We’ve got to get that mess fixed first and it’s got to be done right.

By far the football performance is the most negative of all sports. That includes a couple disappointing soccer performances the last two or three years.

It should have been taken care of last year, now there really isn't any denying the need for a change.

Goes back to our leadership not demanding performance. I am amazed that they continue to not just let coaches but entire admin staff get away with not showing up and not performing at an adequate level.

I said that before we built all the tennis courts and soccer fields as well... no one seemed to care that we were putting gold toilets in section 8 housing..
Well, when you consider that the guy that donated the money to refurb the stadium (at least the parts we didn’t put on our charge card) is the same guy that began his giving relationship with the University by sharing his passion for tennis by building the tennis complex, I’d say yes, nobody did seem to care that we were complying with federal law, making donors happy, and setting the foundation that made AAC membership possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: cmullinsTU
Well, when you consider that the guy that donated the money to refurb the stadium (at least the parts we didn’t put on our charge card) is the same guy that began his giving relationship with the University by sharing his passion for tennis by building the tennis complex, I’d say yes, nobody did seem to care that we were complying with federal law, making donors happy, and setting the foundation that made AAC membership possible.

Every conference needs a whipping boy, i guess...

But putting a lift kit on the jeep only makes sense if the engine runs...

Need a new AD, new basketball HC, new football HC
Haith at least is trying new things and is attempting to do good things. I have more patience with him because we’ve not been awful. Yes, I want the team to be in a position to go to the NCAA tournament every year but at least we are not ECU or Tulane bad in basketball and we compete against the upper teams most of the time.

If Monty were 6-6 this season and going to a bowl, the pressure would back down some.

Case didn’t refurb the stadium. He did donate a hell of a lot for the building in the end zone but the major donation for the stadium did not some from him.

I said that before we built all the tennis courts and soccer fields as well... no one seemed to care that we were putting gold toilets in section 8 housing..
This is a key point, poor university planning got us to this point. You need to clean house from the administration down, which is unlikely...

Haith at least is trying new things and is attempting to do good things. I have more patience with him because we’ve not been awful. Yes, I want the team to be in a position to go to the NCAA tournament every year but at least we are not ECU or Tulane bad in basketball and we compete against the upper teams most of the time.

If Monty were 6-6 this season and going to a bowl, the pressure would back down some.
This is BS. Haith hasn’t tried a new thing since he’s been at Tulsa.

Also, Monty was two missed chip shot field goals from bowling. Our football team played a really tough schedule and performed decently in every single game. I didn’t ever feel like Monty’s team gave up on him this year. Haith’s team has given up on him pretty much every season but 1.

Also, Monty was two missed chip shot field goals from bowling. Our football team played a really tough schedule and performed decently in every single game. I didn’t ever feel like Monty’s team gave up on him this year. Haith’s team has given up on him pretty much every season but 1.

True, we were close to turning several games that would have had this team in a bowl game... but we were not "in" every game. The one game on our schedule that shows how good our coaching staff is we got blown out. Navy has less "talent" but plays with discipline and will blow out poorly coached teams. I rest my case on that [banana]

Reactions: TU4ever2
True, we were close to turning several games that would have had this team in a bowl game... but we were not "in" every game. The one game on our schedule that shows how good our coaching staff is we got blown out. Navy has less "talent" but plays with discipline and will blow out poorly coached teams. I rest my case on that [banana]

Nailed it.

Haith is using man to man defense much more extensively, and not doing the platoon subs this year. Those things are completely different from every other year he's been here. I'd call that 'trying new things'.

Haith is using man to man defense much more extensively, and not doing the platoon subs this year. Those things are completely different from every other year he's been here. I'd call that 'trying new things'.

That's the older coach he brought in. It has smoothed out some of the roughest parts of Haith's coaching. The weird subbing has disappeared and we get much more set roles. Our plays out of time outs are much better, he also patched the baseline run/screen vs our 3-2 defense with a man follow. So long as the top three guards communicate well about the roll across the top to keep the shape we will be very effective in the zone with select use.

Now the question is how long will it take to see the progress of our posts under Kwanza, big men can sometimes be slower to show the result of good coaching.

The navy game was weird. We had just suffered an epic collapse the week before and then we had a 99 yard TD called back for no apparent reason. Also, Navy is a very good program and they run an offense that’s tough on defenses. (Especially our 3-3-5)

Saying that Monty hasn’t changed at all this year is BS. He brought in a competent QB, developed a legit receiving corps out of practically nothing and he passed the ball way more. What held him back was youth on the O-Line and a kicker with the yips. Last season, he oversaw a complete overhaul of the defense.

Saying “Haith is running more man” in comparison to the changes that Monty made is pretty laughable. Apparently Haith finally learned that his zone sucked after 5 seasons.

From what I’ve seen the football team is closer to breaking through to relevance than the basketball team is. (If we kept the same coaches). Haith probably acquired more talent overall but he’s just a terrible basketball coach.

Monty is a good coach with a system that can work but he that lacks the talent he needs.

The navy game was weird. We had just suffered an epic collapse the week before and then we had a 99 yard TD called back for no apparent reason. Also, Navy is a very good program and they run an offense that’s tough on defenses. (Especially our 3-3-5)

Saying that Monty hasn’t changed at all this year is BS. He brought in a competent QB, developed a legit receiving corps out of practically nothing and he passed the ball way more. What held him back was youth on the O-Line and a kicker with the yips. Last season, he oversaw a complete overhaul of the defense.

Saying “Haith is running more man” in comparison to the changes that Monty made is pretty laughable. Apparently Haith finally learned that his zone sucked after 5 seasons.

From what I’ve seen the football team is closer to breaking through to relevance than the basketball team is. (If we kept the same coaches). Haith probably acquired more talent overall but he’s just a terrible basketball coach.

Monty is a good coach with a system that can work but he that lacks the talent he needs.

Thanks for supporting my point with that last statement

Last edited:

And he's in control of the talent he gets....LOL.

Reactions: TulsaAM
Case didn’t refurb the stadium. He did donate a hell of a lot for the building in the end zone but the major donation for the stadium did not some from him.
Interesting. I’ll take your word for it. I mean that. I assumed when they put that plaque up on the stadium with his name in big letters and mine and others in smaller print that the size of the font was directly proportional to the size of the check.

Reactions: TUBixby
And he's in control of the talent he gets....LOL.
This. The fact that we are losing close games that are winnable is the best proof that a change is necessary. The AAC has parity top to bottom. Funding. Recruiting base. Fan base. It’s all about the same, more or less. It is coaching that is the difference between close wins and close losses. Between bowl games and a bowl of cereal on New Years Day.

Reactions: TulsaAM

He is not a good head coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT