ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday game thread

TU 1978

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2009
We were way ahead and let them catch up.

Familiar theme.

Is Korita hurt or sick? He hasn’t played yet today

Here's the game thread my anxiety needed!

What a Jekyll and Hyde game for TU so far. I think this dry spell is on Haith though, the combination of Joiner, Hill, Rachel, Jackson and Igbanu hasn't worked all season (at least the games I have seen). Actually any lineup with Igbanu has seemed to have problems this season. If he doesn't figure out how to hit a lay up we are in real trouble come conference play.

20-4 run after Tulsa was up 20-11.. oh boy and the tough opponents right around the corner..

No inside game... yes I am stating the obvious but these are the games Igbanu SHOULD be taking over. The other D is over extending and the inside is there and when they collapse PASS THE BALL.

There you go Jackson! Give the big man a play to pass the ball!

Igbanu is under the basket twice and just stands there and then passes out. He hadn’t even dribbled. He looks like he doesn’t realize he’s 6’8” tall. No speed either it’s all slowly thought out before he takes a step.

Reactions: TulsaAM
Ark St couldn’t miss during that huge run and we couldn’t figure out how to break down their aggressive zone defense. Need some offense adjustments during half time and we will be right back in it.

We could really use Korita’s recent hot shooting to get them to stop doubling the ball.

Michael Ruffin owned the lane, I'd like to see Igbanu have that same attitude. Kevin Johnson didn't have to be that because Charlie Davis was there but he could turn it on when he needed.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
The first 10 minutes was the best team basketball I’ve seen them play all year. Then we started turning it over and they started hitting anything they threw up. We actually defended the ball well but they were unconscious. I think we can pull it out in the second half.

Korita not dressed, but coaching a couple of the players during the halftime warmups.

The first 10 minutes was the best team basketball I’ve seen them play all year. Then we started turning it over and they started hitting anything they threw up. We actually defended the ball well but they were unconscious. I think we can pull it out in the second half.
Agree with your assessment. I think the move by Haith to go to the Joiner, Jackson, Rachel, Igbanu, Hill lineup and then staying with it after so many empty possessions made that run worse than it needed to be.

And of course that is the line up out of the break... glad Rachel knows how to use the glass to score, lost art.

Crap call on Jackson

That time sticking with it till the bitter end actually paid off for igbanu.

Ohhhh, I take it back... the sleeping giant has awakened!

Igbanu owning last two possessions, lol.

I wish TU coaches would outlaw the pump fake and pull anyone who did it out of the game.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Last comment... Igbanu continues to be a huge disappointment, like watching Zack Smith this year.

It's Rachel and 4 guys with their thumbs up the butts out there...

Haith is at least getting after them during the time out. Maybe he can light a fire cause right now they are sleep walking thru this game.

The real Arkansas is going to have a field day with us if we can’t figure this crap out

Haith is at least getting after them during the time out. Maybe he can light a fire cause right now they are sleep walking thru this game.

There's 7:30 left. A bit late in the game for that

Reactions: TulsaAM
The Reynolds Center must have turned into a church cause Arky state just throwing up prayers left and right

Need more dribble drives to the rack, nice score by Joiner

Would have liked to see Jackson just take it to the hoop instead of holding up. We have done little in the half-court this game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT