ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis game thread - women

Women Win! Hit key buckets down the stretch Cartwright 16, Poindexter 17, Young 10 and Crawford a double double 18 and 11 plus 8 consecutive FTs in last 3 minutes. Permian played well. Nice win 71-62 on the road

Reactions: TU 1978
Sloppy at times but a nice road win. Any word on when Gallegos may return?

Way too many turnovers, many unforced. But this team can defend the interior much better than it has the last couple of years and it helps they can also rebound with most teams. Those have been glaring weaknesses in the past. We've also been a one trick pony...if we weren't hitting 3s, we were losing the game. Not the case this year. We have players who can get to the rim and score. We pass the ball reasonably well to find open people and shots. And we can push tempo with 4 different players who can bring the ball up the court. And we are a sneaky athletic team.

One thing we need to do is work Permian into the offense posting people up on the block. If we get an inside basket, it's usual through dribble penetration and work. Rare to have someone posting up and getting an entry pass. I think this would make the entire offense more dangerous.

In just running down the conference standings, TU has a legit shot at winning the conference. We need to stay healthy as we are not particularly deep. We are getting contributions scoring wise from more players now. I think we had 4 in double figures today. In looking at some of the other schools and their records and who they've played, we have the 3 best wins in non-conf so far. USF is obviously not what they have been. Let's get it done!

Reactions: Weatherdemon
I thought the ladies rebounded better and didn’t turn it over as much in the 4th quarter. We played smarter We would’ve won easier if Temira and Delanie would’ve shot the 3 better. A combined 4 for 16 on three

Better rebounding would be great, but so many other aspects were simply solid and we were on the road. Heckuva win by the ladies to open conference play!

Reactions: old.guy and t.town
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT