ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday game thread

Down two and don’t even get a shot off. Unbelievable. What happened to the high/low offensive we were running so effectively 3 minute ago?

This was going to be our 20th straight non-conf home win. Seriously in peril now

Let them run 20 seconds and then foul. Really great stuff there

Nice effort, but we couldn't overcome their answered prayers and our point blank misses...

And then we drive in for a two down four with two seconds left. Every single decision down the stretch was poor. I'm done with Haith

Next four games.. Boise St, AT Arkansas, Colorado St, and AT Kansas St. Can’t play like today or it’s 7-6 going into conference play

Reactions: TulsaAM
Bad loss.
I don't think we need to worry about good/bad wins or losses this season, (engage positive spin drive) but we can always hope!

First game this season where I didn't see improvement from the team. 7 and 2 at this point is better than I expected so I can live with things as we face the tougher competition.

Reactions: JaniSWFC
We have to have the worst late game basketball & football coaches in major college sports.

Reactions: ctt8410
“Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes the blues just get a hold of you” - Carole King

We had too many turnovers and missed some bunnies but we played well enough to win most of the time but ASU couldn’t miss today. Everyone here is looking to throw blame at someone but honestly some times it’s not your day. We played good D but ASU was throwing up prayers and they were going in. When a player grabs a loose ball at the end of the clock, falling out of bounds, throws it up and it goes in you know it’s not your day.

Like everyone I wanted to win this one but in the larger scheme I don’t think this affects the overall outcome of the season. We are playing better as a team every game so the players just need to shake it off and keep working so we can get some good wins as the season progresses.

So many coming down so hard over one loss. If we can go 3-1 over the next four games we'll be fine. 2-2 is still not the end. Bitch when we go 1-3.
I think it's safe to say that 3-1 is the least likely of those scenarios but it is a challenge I think the team will taken on... at least Rachel will. Most of the time he and Jackson look like the only ones wanting to win

We lost to UALR in 2016 and we still had a good resume then. We'll be fine as long as we beat at least some of the quality teams we have in front of us and take care of the ones we should be able to take care of.

So many coming down so hard over one loss. If we can go 3-1 over the next four games we'll be fine. 2-2 is still not the end. Bitch when we go 1-3.

Even if this is true, I’m still mad we lost because if we do go 3-1, I’d rather be better than “fine”.

Even if this is true, I’m still mad we lost because if we do go 3-1, I’d rather be better than “fine”.
I'm disappointed as hell too. I'm just not gonna call Haith the worst coach, and blah, blah, blah. We should have won this one. It is a real let down after the way we played the last three games.

Reactions: loca2874
Will Igbanu and Ugboh please learn how to DUNK the ball, as it is more than clear that both struggle with 1 foot bank shots off the glass.
Martins has been a disappointment so far this year . It’s like he just wants to be a “nice guy” down low and not hurt anyone’s feelings .

We lost to UALR in 2016 and we still had a good resume then. We'll be fine as long as we beat at least some of the quality teams we have in front of us and take care of the ones we should be able to take care of.
Huh? We didn’t have a good resume in 2016.

I don't think that foul was intentional. The look on his face and the way he questioned the ref, I don't think he thought the foul should have been called.

We saw this one differently. It looked to me like 3 of our players started chasing the ball desperately until we intentionally fouled them. It was odd, because it appeared we were not going to foul for the first 10-15 seconds of the possession.

It looked to me like Horne put both hands on the player and officials want to call the quick foul if they think you are trying to foul. Poor choice to wait and fouls good shooter. Poor inbounds play that is coaching responsibility to make sure they have practiced that situation every week.

Good enough to convince the committee to let us in the tournament.
LMAO I was talking about 2016-17 when we also lost to UALR (a MUCH worse UALR). Yooler was an NCAA tournament team in 2015-16. Arkansas State is nowhere close to an NCAA tournament team this season. This is a very bad loss. Not only to a bad team, but to a bad team at home.

This combined with the UTA loss is pretty terrible..... like we're going to have to win quite a few games we shouldn't in conference play to make up for those two losses. (Unless UTA makes the NCAA tournament out of the Sunbelt)

So far we've eaten two losses with one of the easiest non-conference schedules of anyone in the country. SMU is in the same boat... but they're undefeated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT