ADVERTISEMENT

Quiktrip removal of tables

I don't think this means too much.

They have mostly closed the side doors at some stores and made it harder to loiter. Two of the stores near me have these measures in place.

Homelessness is the issue of course. You cannot blame them for taking steps to make customers more comfortable.

When they redid that QT at 15th and Denver and put in tables and chairs out front, anyone with a brain should have known that would turn into a bum paradise. Can’t hate on those folks for utilizing a free place to setup shop and camp out all day, but someone at QT didn’t think that one all the way through.

I don't think this means too much.

They have mostly closed the side doors at some stores and made it harder to loiter. Two of the stores near me have these measures in place.

Homelessness is the issue of course. You cannot blame them for taking steps to make customers more comfortable.
In my very limited experience, the homeless people I experienced in Tulsa stood out for being unusually hostile and surly compared to homeless people elsewhere.

Good for QT doing the right thing. I knew that was going to be a homeless trainwreck when they put in those tables. Personally, I'm so sick and tired of these knuckleheads taking a nap on the side of the street like they're somehow entitled to that slab of concrete. I certainly realize many of them have mental health issues but they give the good people who don't bother anyone a bad name.

The last good run-in I had was at the Harvard and I-44 QT. I'm pumping gas, my wife's in the passenger seat with the window down a hair. Tom Petty's on the radio turned up a little bit. Homeless guy is walking through the gas pumps talking smack to anyone who will listen and looking for conflict.

My wife gave him a stern and literal STFU, which he deserved. Dude responds by slamming his grocery cart into the side of my car. I immediately grab my extendable baton and come at him slowly. He's yapping his gums about putting a bullet in me. I extend said baton. He freaks out and runs with his grocery cart into Harvard traffic.

I'm not gonna run after the worthless sack of garbage, but I tell you what ... it was hysterical watching him weave in and out of traffic like it was a Frogger machine. How he didn't get hit by a car is beyond me. Luckily, he slammed his grocery cart into my back wheel well and you couldn't even tell there was a slight dent. I wasn't about to stick around for the po-po to file a report.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT