ADVERTISEMENT

QT to close down by TU

TUcandoit

I.T.S. Senior
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2011
I haven't verified but wondering if anyone might have heard this. One of the workers told me yesterday when I was getting gas that they would be closing that QT down in two months. 11th and Harvard'ish. That QT was a quick place to hit up before games and even during half time every now and then.

Not enough gas pumps for QT standards these days.

Not surprised. That qt doesn’t fit the updated qt model they’ve moved towards the last several years.

The original QT occupied the east end of the Stadium Center (formerly Gary Lane) between Gary and Gary Place. This was in the days before QT had gas pumps.

Maybe Hardwood Sports Bar will make a comeback at the location.

They can setup a replay of that BYU game and let me cash in all that credit with interest.

The city’s decision to make 11th a two lane road killed that QT. I just avoid that part of town during the week. 11th and Lewis is some sort of dystopian hellscape.

There are also multiple QTs nearby. And they all kind of suck anymore. They are closing the Admiral and Delaware one. Good.

Reactions: TU 1978 and TUMU
They can setup a replay of that BYU game and let me cash in all that credit with interest.

The city’s decision to make 11th a two lane road killed that QT. I just avoid that part of town during the week. 11th and Lewis is some sort of dystopian hellscape.

There are also multiple QTs nearby. And they all kind of suck anymore. They are closing the Admiral and Delaware one. Good.

Agree, two lanes on 11th street was unnecessary and bad decision.
I've never seen a bicycle in the bicycle lanes myself. Would be interesting for a true count of how many bicycles on the road every day for a week.

Agree, two lanes on 11th street was unnecessary and bad decision.
I've never seen a bicycle in the bicycle lanes myself. Would be interesting for a true count of how many bicycles on the road every day for a week.

There are doods on bikes, but not the types the idiots at the city wanted when they thought this would raise tax revenue.

There’s just a lot of stuff on 11th that won’t or shouldn’t go away. They spent a fortune at 11th and Lewis, but that car part store ain’t going anywhere.

QT should donate it to TU. But with our luck, it will probably become a Rib Crib or car wash.

Reactions: TUMU
If they're closing that one I'd be shocked if they don't have a plan to replace it really close by...it was a high volume store in terms of the convenience items and I doubt TU students are going to make the effort to go to the one on Admiral and Harvard (lots of sketchy folks hanging around at that one despite all the shine on the new store).

If they're closing that one I'd be shocked if they don't have a plan to replace it really close by...it was a high volume store in terms of the convenience items and I doubt TU students are going to make the effort to go to the one on Admiral and Harvard (lots of sketchy folks hanging around at that one despite all the shine on the new store).

And though it is an old style store, there is one at 21st and Harvard. They might renovate that one, who knows.

Reactions: drboobay
Cartbird would be upset with this news.

He would have scared the bejeebus out of them into staying open and making a donation to TU athletics. Then he would have had drinks at the Press Club with whoever was in charge and they’d be buddies for life. They don’t make them like that anymore.

Last edited:
My wife likes Rib Crib when we’re in town. Afraid I’m stuck with it.
My mom liked them cuz they had turkey. But she was no big fan of barbecue nor a connoisseur. They are edible, but nothing special. I'd rather get my ribs from Kilkenny's. That's not saying much for Rib Crib.

Reactions: TU 1978
My mom liked them cuz they had turkey. But she was no big fan of barbecue nor a connoisseur. They are edible, but nothing special. I'd rather get my ribs from Kilkenny's. That's not saying much for Rib Crib.
I am not a connoisseur.

It is fine by me. But I don't buy ribs or eat them much.

I am not a connoisseur.

It is fine by me. But I don't buy ribs or eat them much.
I don't eat ribs much, myself.(Not terribly healthy with all the fat.)

But when I do, I'd rather they be good, instead of wasting my healthiness on something that is average at best. Make it worthy.

Reactions: Gold*
We need to have a board lunch at Oakhart or Nomad. Then you’ll understand.
I know not of these places. Are they within a three mile radius of 11th and Peoria? That's about my maximum driving distance.

I know not of these places. Are they within a three mile radius of 11th and Peoria? That's about my maximum driving distance.
3rd & Utica(Oakheart) and 31st & Harvard(Nomad). If you can't make it to 31st & Harvard, then it's a sad day.

I'm assuming you are talking about 41st and Yale being your limits East and South, and not addressing downtown and north tulsa in your area of reclusiveness.

I haven't had Nomad but I was severly disappointed with Oakheart. Their sides were absolutely horrible. I'm a brisket guy and it was dry. Also, smoked bologna is a must!

3rd & Utica(Oakheart) and 31st & Harvard(Nomad). If you can't make it to 31st & Harvard, then it's a sad day.

I'm assuming you are talking about 41st and Yale being your limits East and South, and not addressing downtown and north tulsa in your area of reclusiveness.
I go downtown plenty. North Tulsa? Fewer reasons. It's just a radius from my house near 11th and Peoria.

Both of your locations are OK. Especially 3rd and Utica.

There are doods on bikes, but not the types the idiots at the city wanted when they thought this would raise tax revenue.

There’s just a lot of stuff on 11th that won’t or shouldn’t go away. They spent a fortune at 11th and Lewis, but that car part store ain’t going anywhere.

QT should donate it to TU. But with our luck, it will probably become a Rib Crib or car wash.
Nah, just another dispensary….

17784fb0e09af39a7481a2300e7be7c2.jpg

Once they built the QT at 15th & Lewis the handwriting has been on the wall for the TU QT.

The same goes for the QT at Delaware after the store at Harvard and Admiral opened.

Maybe think outside the box and put a QT (without the gas pumps) on campus! East side of Chapman accessible for both Football and Basketball with QT enclosed club seats on the top.

God the amount of Natural light and Keystones that were bought at that place were pretty epic. What a sad day this will be. The fraternities and the alums should hold a giant tailgate on its last day.

I went inside the store yesterday. Lot of empty shelves. Not much beer left in the store.
I don’t recall seeing any Natty Light.

I imagine the remaining days of the little Mazzio's building are also numbered.

QT building and Mazzio's will be imploded and QT will build a five level parking garage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT