ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Who ya got in the Euro?

HuffyCane

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 25, 2004
Geo brings up a good topic in the Canada thread: Who are you backing in the Euro. Post your team of choice below and who will win in the poll.

Me? England all the way. Football's coming home!

You can't click "other" without telling us who! I don't foresee any type of magical "Greece" run by anyone.

Oranje all the way....or should I say I hope...

GO TU!!!

It'll be interesting to see if the 6-7 germans on the Bayern roster recover from their CL Final kicks from the penalty spot meltdown, especially Schweinsteiger.

My "other" is the former Sovietskis. If Russia beats Poland in Poland, they are for real.

Holland has to beat the effing Germans today or they are out.....tough task...go Oranje....

Go TU!!!

Netherlands
roll.r191677.gif

The Dutch are possibly the most overhyped team possibly in history. They rarely, rarely live up to expectations. I can't decide if it is them or England.
uzi.r191677.gif

Originally posted by goldfan83:
The Dutch are possibly the most overhyped team possibly in history. They rarely, rarely live up to expectations. I can't decide if it is them or England.
uzi.r191677.gif

I wouldn't disagree completely but....beating Germany wasn't ever going to be easy.....the Danish loss hurt.....the Portugal game was understandable...the Dutch were pushing forward because they need to win by two goals...this of course left them in trouble for counter attacks....they would have never played that way if they hadn't put themselfs in such a tough position to advance.

The English win the prize in my book but it's really not the players fault....I blame the British press...they seem to confuse the Premier League with English National team....the majority of the best players in the PL are not English....

To put the Dutch expectations in context no country has ever won the World Cup that has under 40 Million people, with the exception of Uruguay in 1930 and 38. Holland has 16 million people.

Brazil 192 Million

Germany 85 Million

France: 60 Million

Italy 60 Million

England 52 Million

Spain 47 Million

Argentina 41 Million

I'll take three seconds in the World Cup....should have beat Germany in 1974 but it was in Germany....lost to Argentina in 1978 in Buenos Aires and in 2010 Spain was just a better team in South Africa.....

Go Oranje....

Go TU!!!!

This post was edited on 6/20 10:43 AM by Tu Geo

This post was edited on 6/20 10:45 AM by Tu Geo

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT