ADVERTISEMENT

Pipa/Sopa

TUBballJunkie

I.T.S. University President
Mar 16, 2003
Surprised I didn't see any talk about today's blackout and these bills.

It would affect sites like its too, correct?

Originally posted by TUBballJunkie:
Surprised I didn't see any talk about today's blackout and these bills.

It would affect sites like its too, correct?

It would definitely affect sites like this too. The bills make the website's responsible for the content posted to them by the users. So if I decided to post a link to a website where you can stream an All Access game for free Rivals is responsible for that link and CBS could sue Rivals because the link exists on their website.

From my understanding of the bill, which is limited, that would also become the responsibility of Rivals.

Ive been a lawyer in Internet companies for a long time and deal with IP issues regularly. This is one of the rare times where the alarmists are actually right. These bills would be a catastrophe.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Don't mess with Wikipedia (the source of all knowledge.)

Originally posted by chito_and_leon:
Ive been a lawyer in Internet companies for a long time and deal with IP issues regularly. This is one of the rare times where the alarmists are actually right. These bills would be a catastrophe.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I work in IT and have experience from previous jobs in working on web applications and web development, I agree with your statement chito. My concern are the bills that will follow this which will be similar but with a few differences to try and get more support from congress.

What worries me the most is many in congress don't fully understand what these bills give the government authority to do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT