ADVERTISEMENT

OSU

I will always despise L-OUS-R, so don't think I've went to the dark side.

We can waste all the time in the world trying to downgrade Gundy's ability, but it just won't stick. He has his issues, be it recruiting or dealing with the media, but it is undeniable that he has a fantastic football mind which would be supported by the vast majority of people whose profession requires them to know. If you ever watched the BCS game coaches table format, he was always the smartest guy in the room of a bunch of smart guys.

Has he lost intrest and is burned out? Maybe... Do I hope L-OSU-R doesn't win another game? Absolutely!

They're 9-9 against TX and a winning record against every other Big XII team not named OU.
News alert his numbers probably qualifies him for College Football Hall of Fame. Hate to say it but just trying to keep it real.

GO TU!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Gumby's record at osu is around 160-80. He padded his record with 50 or wins so against out of conference crap programs. Top tier programs look at your record minus the garbage victories!
OSU has the second most conference wins since 2010 behind only OU. 17 straight bowl games. Beat ND in the Fiesta Bowl in 2022. While I think Gundy time in Stillwater needs to come to an end, his record will likely get him into the college HOF.

OSU has the second most conference wins since 2010 behind only OU. 17 straight bowl games. Beat ND in the Fiesta Bowl in 2022. While I think Gundy time in Stillwater needs to come to an end, his record will likely get him into the college HOF.
He is a good Coach and his ability is respected by other coaching staffs.

Since 2010 Texas has only has 6 seasons where they won 8 or more games. They have won 10 games once, 9 games once, and 8 games 4 times. This record includes bowl games.

News alert his numbers probably qualifies him for College Football Hall of Fame. Hate to say it but just trying to keep it real.

GO TU!!!!
I am not jumping on Gundy's record because it is probably 2nd best overall in the Big XII since he became HC...if not 2nd, then most assuredly 3rd. It will never be enough for OSU fans since he has failed miserably against OU even in the years when OSU probably had the better overall team.

And people will always remember the 1 game. The loss to Iowa St when Bailey "missed" the FG when a win there and they are playing in the CFP.

I don't know what's going on in Stilly right now. Their recruiting seems down, players seem unhappy, they've lost better players to the portal than they've gained. I don't know if it's a byproduct of the conference realignment shakeup and losing the annual games vs OU and Texas, but they are seriously disheveled and TU definitely got the better of the offseason trade last year.

Reactions: TU Sepp
I am not jumping on Gundy's record because it is probably 2nd best overall in the Big XII since he became HC...if not 2nd, then most assuredly 3rd. It will never be enough for OSU fans since he has failed miserably against OU even in the years when OSU probably had the better overall team.

And people will always remember the 1 game. The loss to Iowa St when Bailey "missed" the FG when a win there and they are playing in the CFP.

I don't know what's going on in Stilly right now. Their recruiting seems down, players seem unhappy, they've lost better players to the portal than they've gained. I don't know if it's a byproduct of the conference realignment shakeup and losing the annual games vs OU and Texas, but they are seriously disheveled and TU definitely got the better of the offseason trade last year.
I think you need to calm down. A bad year does not a career make. Good lord.

I think you need to calm down. A bad year does not a career make. Good lord.
I think you missed my point of thinking Gundy has actually been and is a really good coach. But OSU fans won't think about all the times he won versus Texas, but all the times he lost to, and 1 in particular, to Iowa State

I think you missed my point of thinking Gundy has actually been and is a really good coach. But OSU fans won't think about all the times he won versus Texas, but all the times he lost to, and 1 in particular, to Iowa State
Most OSU fans I know give the team and Gundy somewhat of a pass on the Iowa State game due to the plane crash. Lots of emotions and distractions involved in the lead up to that contest.

I don’t think Gundy is below the likely replacement level coach

I don’t think Gundy is below the likely replacement level coach
I don’t believe Gundy is well suited for this new era of college football (portal and NIL). One of the names I’ve seen talked about the most as a potential replacement is G J Kinne.

I don’t believe Gundy is well suited for this new era of college football (portal and NIL). One of the names I’ve seen talked about the most as a potential replacement is G J Kinne.
Would kill TU fans, especially those that wanted him over Wilson to start with (not that I think he was seriously considered for TU to begin with b/c of the lack of HC experience).

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Would kill TU fans, especially those that wanted him over Wilson to start with (not that I think he was seriously considered for TU to begin with b/c of the lack of HC experience).
Agreed, but KW is who we needed to old school the team and clean up PM's mess regarding accountability, on field behavior, and academics. Will he field a winning team? Jury is still out... Have we made the same stupid mistakes regarding clock managment, play calling, penalties, and special teams? Nope, so I'm optimistic.

Agreed, but KW is who we needed to old school the team and clean up PM's mess regarding accountability, on field behavior, and academics. Will he field a winning team? Jury is still out... Have we made the same stupid mistakes regarding clock managment, play calling, penalties, and special teams? Nope, so I'm optimistic.
I agree. I was on board when the idea of GJ was floated. Thought (and still do think) he could have re-energized the program and bring a new excitement to 11th St. When Wilson was announced, I was excited but in a different way. The hard nosed disciplined guy. I was even more on board when he got Braxton and Ray out of the portal to return to TU. That told me the leaders on the team were on board with this guy. Yeah, it's a rebuild and he's doing it the right way which might not be fast enough for some folks. I'm a fan of KWs and think he's doing and saying the right things.

I am a fan of GJs and will always value his contributions past (and maybe future) to TU's football program. I don't know why fans think they have to be one or the other. Now, if we end up playing Texas St in the future, I'll cheer for GJ when they announce his name as HC, and then I'm going root for TU to hammer them.

I will always despise L-OUS-R, so don't think I've went to the dark side.

We can waste all the time in the world trying to downgrade Gundy's ability, but it just won't stick. He has his issues, be it recruiting or dealing with the media, but it is undeniable that he has a fantastic football mind which would be supported by the vast majority of people whose profession requires them to know. If you ever watched the BCS game coaches table format, he was always the smartest guy in the room of a bunch of smart guys.

Has he lost intrest and is burned out? Maybe... Do I hope L-OSU-R doesn't win another game? Absolutely!
Totally mind blowing. He would rattle off two or three plays with yardage gained in each, then Alabama or whoever would proceed to do exactly that. Then he’d say, next drive look for the defense to rotate after the snap into blah blah blah which will stop them a couple of times but it won’t be enough. And then that would proceed to happen. Meanwhile the other coaches at the table are dumbfounded or change the subject to fishing.

This is what is wrong with college football, not NIL. A kid wins one game and has the right agent and people want to hand him $25 million.

Not sure if Kinne would want to coach at osu. Wasn't the early a.m. osu game where Kinne was hit 5 yards out of bounds and hurt his knee by a cheap shot from an osu d-back. Gundy never apologized for that incident, nor did he discipline his player for the cheap shot.

Last edited:
Not sure if Kinne would want to coach at osu. Wasn't the early a.m. osu game where Kinne was hit 5 tards out of bounds and hurt his knee by a cheap shot from an osu d-back. Gundy never apologized for that incident, nor did he discipline his player for the cheap shot.
If the money and prestige are right for him when it's offered, I don't think how they played against him as a player will matter that much.

Reactions: TUMU and TU_BLA
Not sure if Kinne would want to coach at osu. Wasn't the early a.m. osu game where Kinne was hit 5 tards out of bounds and hurt his knee by a cheap shot from an osu d-back. Gundy never apologized for that incident, nor did he discipline his player for the cheap shot.
That's the game. TU also snapped Justin Blackmon's string of like 13 games in a row of 100-yds receiving that night. Hopefully TU has learned a lesson. Come back on Sunday at 12pm and play the damn game. **** the NFL for one day

Does he or Todd Graham have family in the area?

I'm sure the 5 tards thing is a typo. Edit with a Y instead of T, or add by directly in front of the five. Either would work... I know, not politically correct, but I couldn't help my junior high self of 40 years ago escaping.

Reactions: TU Sepp
Reactions: TU_BLA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT