ADVERTISEMENT

OK High School Basketball Preview

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
I went to Union's season tipoff last week. Still have the 7 footer. His little brother who's in 9th grade is on the team too...he's around 6'4" and looks tiny. Union also has a 6'7" PF they run out there who is a nice HS player with a lot of different facets to his game. That said, the player TU should be watching from this group is Dalen Fulller. 6'4", they list him as a SG but he's probably running more of the PG role. Really good ball handler, good passer, good shooter. This kid can jump out of the gym and probably has the same ability to elevate as Eric Coley and I'm not exaggerating. In warm ups he had a 360 windmill dunk that was NBA Dunk Contest Dominique Wilkins quality. He's super athletic and can get up and down the court and is a really good perimeter defender. I know he took an unofficial to TU last year along with Eric Madrid and one other player.

I believe Union also has 2 players from the football team who will join the basketball team once the season is over. Isaiah Covington and Jino Boyd have been part of the basketball team. Since Jino is a D1 football recruit he may elect to sit out, it was hard to tell since they were at the event but not allowed to participate per OSSAA rules which don't allow participation in multiple sports at the same time.

I've not seen any other teams so I can't give a full context to how the season will play out. BTW is now 5A and I believe Bishop Kelley is bumped to 6A for this season. While BK is a decent team, I don't think they will threaten the top 6A teams. I expect BA to be really good again this season along with Edmond Memorial.

Reactions: 918Golden
So got to enjoy 2 8th grade games and a Union girls 9th grade game. 9th grade game featured Shea Seals' daughter who is a FR at Union.

There's at least 1 Union 8th grade girl to keep an eye on. She's 5'11 ish already, super athletic and has a really good handle with the ball. She has a pretty nice outside shot but the way she got to the rim was special.

At a Union 9th grade basketball game vs BA (my daughter is doing the Pom thing) and I have a Chris Wallace sighting.

I hear that Jalen Montonati was spotted at the Arkansas-Duke game last night. No word on which team he was pulling for.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT