ADVERTISEMENT

Ostroski has decomited his army commitment reportedly an hour ago

libertychamp

I.T.S. Position Coach
Sep 23, 2007
his only other offers were Hawaii Tulsa New Mexico do we have a good chance to get him to sign February that would be Huge. Maybe our great team this year can get him to Tulsa.

Reactions: 4tu2 and TU 1978
I see him quite a bit....when I see him next time I will ask!
#Reigncane
Tell your pal jerry...

death of a Mule...
born again Hurricane!

Hurricane Hall of fame has a spot waiting on you Owen.(right next to your dad's)

I was sad to hear that Owen decommitted from Army as I thought he would have been a great player for them and an even more outstanding young man that would represent one of our service academies. However, he has to do what is best and most comfortable for him in picking a university. If Owen should choose TUI hope he doesn't try to be Jerry O's son or the next Zaven Collins as those 2 probably wear different size shoes that he does. I would like for him to be Owen Ostroski and work his best to fill his own shoes. I wish Owen the best on his school selection, but in my heart I hope he chooses TU.

I'm sad because he would have made a great member for our armed forces and it's quite an honor to be accepted into West Point. It shows the integrity and commitment of the person accepted.

I am over the moon that this means we have a second bite at the cherry as they say. I think he will be a very good division 1 player. Like Player and Collins were solid players when recruited, like them I think he shows a huge level of potential and it would be a blast to watch him try and fulfill it at Tulsa.

I'm sad because he would have made a great member for our armed forces and it's quite an honor to be accepted into West Point. It shows the integrity and commitment of the person accepted.

I am over the moon that this means we have a second bite at the cherry as they say. I think he will be a very good division 1 player. Like Player and Collins were solid players when recruited, like them I think he shows a huge level of potential and it would be a blast to watch him try and fulfill it at Tulsa.

You can go into the military long after college.

He can play in the American or the Mountain West. TU has the better academics. And the second best beach down on Riverside. Hawaii won’t have a stadium soon and probably not a coach either.

Seems like a no brainer to me. But there’s so many moving parts.

Reactions: TU 1978
Besides he has pissed everybody off that didn't work for him beyond yesterday, and went through so many staffers...

Their has to be a large supply of legit leaks...
I think Owen is personable enough to maintain a pretty large staff of freshmen working for him without risking any leaks.

I think you mean someone else over on the Crossfire board.

With this being Jaxon Player's last year and Ostroski's 1st I imagine they won't be on the field together a lot, but it would be cool to see them both annihilate some dude in the backfield on a play or 2 next season.

Watch out for Goodlow too btw.

First congrats to the coaches for landing a great kid. Second congrats to Owen for the hard work and thanks for staying home.

Now, I don't want to take away the spot light from Owen, but Dredog can I ask you a question. What clinched your recruitment to Tulsa? What ended up being the deal closer for what turned out to be a pretty consequential decision for both you and the university?

There are just some legacy kids you want to make sure you bring into the fold. Owen is one of those kids. I think TU is still reeling from never offering Ben Hamilton (Wes's son, Harold's nephew) a scholly!

With this being Jaxon Player's last year and Ostroski's 1st I imagine they won't be on the field together a lot, but it would be cool to see them both annihilate some dude in the backfield on a play or 2 next season.

Player(and Evans) can still declare between now and Friday.

There are just some legacy kids you want to make sure you bring into the fold. Owen is one of those kids. I think TU is still reeling from never offering Ben Hamilton (Wes's son, Harold's nephew) a scholly!

Any legacy who comes with a good attitude should be celebrated, it deepens our roots and maintains the program standards. I love that Shea's son is on the basketball team. Will he earn playing time? Maybe, but he comes to Tulsa with a very defined idea of what Tulsa basketball is. That's as important as keeping our talent level high.

Grant did some good things as a freshman in his limited time at DE this year. I think he could be a beast there with some added weight over the offseason.

Defensive side of the ball is looking good!

Now if we can get the offense to start playing the 1st half, we should be in great shape for next year!

Big Cat just announced he was returning. Our defense is going to be ridiculously good and experienced.
That and Brinn will be the qb unless Monty plays politics and plays Boomer, if David plays, next season could be very special

That and Brinn will be the qb unless Monty plays politics and plays Boomer, if David plays, next season could be very special
I’m still not convinced that Monty won’t try and get a transfer QB...

He has seen a glimpse of Brinn, but that was only one half’s worth of play. He also knows Boomer isn’t the guy.

I’m still not convinced that Monty won’t try and get a transfer QB...

He has seen a glimpse of Brinn, but that was only one half’s worth of play. He also knows Boomer isn’t the guy.
Color me skeptical. Option and veer offenses like this one are all about certain specific physical attributes of the players and then endless repetition of a few plays until everyone knows that everyone else sees the same thing as them so the correct option is selected after the ball is snapped. This is particularly true in the passing game. It’s why Monty doesn’t trust a QB until the second season. Which makes a grad transfer unlikely. And it’s another example of how the rules have evolved but the offense (or the coach) haven’t.

Color me skeptical. Option and veer offenses like this one are all about certain specific physical attributes of the players and then endless repetition of a few plays until everyone knows that everyone else sees the same thing as them so the correct option is selected after the ball is snapped. This is particularly true in the passing game. It’s why Monty doesn’t trust a QB until the second season. Which makes a grad transfer unlikely. And it’s another example of how the rules have evolved but the offense (or the coach) haven’t.
It still doesn’t hurt to hedge your bets...

Reactions: HuffyCane
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT