ADVERTISEMENT

Open Practice

Joiner looked razor sharp. Handle is 100% better, trim and active. Igbanu , Jeffries and Taplin sharp.

Moore didn’t shoot very many at all like the other scrimmage. Simon will get minutes for sure. Scott and Korita shooting off. Korita hurt near end.

Still didn’t see much from Jackson or Barnes.

Hewitt needs to redshirt. Horne shot better from outside.
Who should start?

Taplin, Joiner, Jeffries, Igbanu, Horne or Scott.

Fun to watch Christopolos. No mistakes and 1-1 from the field ( a three).

Again the disclaimer.... this is one practice.

Joiner looked razor sharp. Handle is 100% better, trim and active. Igbanu , Jeffries and Taplin sharp.

Moore didn’t shoot very many at all like the other scrimmage. Simon will get minutes for sure. Scott and Korita shooting off. Korita hurt near end.

Who should start?

Taplin, Joiner, Jeffries, Igbanu, Horne or Scott.

Fun to watch Christopolos. No mistakes and 1-1 from the field ( a three).

Again the disclaimer.... this is one practice.

Hewitt has already had a redshirt year at Cal Davis before juco.

Joiner looked razor sharp. Handle is 100% better, trim and active. Igbanu ,
Jeffries and Taplin sharp.

Scott and Korita shooting off. Korita hurt near end.

Who should start?

Taplin, Joiner, Jeffries, Igbanu, Horne or Scott.....

Sounds like we have a solid 8, with the four ifs being Jackson, Barnes,
Horne, and Hewitt.....The solid eight assumes Korita is not seriously
hurt.....

Horne, Barnes, & Jackson will probably fit into the rotation at some time
in the future....I can't remember Hewitt's background, but from memory,
he could play as a Fr. in Juco last year, because he red shirted at some
4 year school the year before....

Thanks a lot for the report.....We have the potential to be good!!

P.S.
If Joiner reaches his potential this year, that would be a season changer!

Horne being iffy worries me. He was supposed to be the best get of this years class.

I am still optimistic about Horne. Hasn’t played in a long time.

Reactions: quincy101
I think if people go in with the understanding that Horne is not going to be Junior Etou then they won’t be let down. Etou was way better than anyone gives him credit for and they’re just not the same style of players.

Etou was way better than anyone gives him credit for and they’re just not
the same style of players.

Right on both counts....We DO, however, need for Horne to be a player...
Players of that size with mobility are always match-up problems....

I wasn’t able to make it to the scrimmage yesterday due to a family medical situation, but the reports here aren’t as glowing as I’d hoped they’d be...

Taplin hit back to back 3's & looked ready to lead; Jeffries is the indespenible man-a star for us; Igbanu will also star for us-just looked ready to rock this season; Horne did some things-I'm not concerned about him;nobody mentioned Simon Falokun-must he sit out this year? Dude is a beast fighting for rebounds & can put it back up. Joiner-so quick as well as fast. I'm anxious to see these guys under fire.

Reactions: seniorgolfer
Simon is a Juco transfer, like the other guys, and will play this year. The only one we have sitting this year is the Central Michigan transfer who is a guard.

We lost a lot with Etou last season. (As well as some shooting with Henderson). I’m not to worried about shooting with the info coming out of fall practices, but losing Etou’s production will be a blow if the combo of Horne and Falokun can’t match it. I do think Igbanu should take another step forward this year which can absolutely help, but we need those two newcomers to contribute in big ways.

I was there also and Joiner looked good he hit a couple of threes.

I wasn’t able to make it to the scrimmage yesterday due to a family medical situation, but the reports here aren’t as glowing as I’d hoped they’d be...
First of all, I hope everything is alright with your family. I was able to watch the scrimmage and walked away pretty excited for basketball season. Joiner has become a baller, and I really liked the newcomers. Horne looked pretty good to me , and Jefferies has been working on his 3 point shot and you can tell. We can definitely score this year, look for alot of our games to be in the 90s. If we take care of business against the teams we should beat, we could very well be a 25 win team. Also, look for us to spank Oklahoma State

First of all, I hope everything is alright with your family. I was able to watch the scrimmage and walked away pretty excited for basketball season. Joiner has become a baller, and I really liked the newcomers. Horne looked pretty good to me , and Jefferies has been working on his 3 point shot and you can tell. We can definitely score this year, look for alot of our games to be in the 90s. If we take care of business against the teams we should beat, we could very well be a 25 win team. Also, look for us to spank Oklahoma State

That’s a pretty solid report, especially for someone who hasn’t been too high on Haith. So that makes me feel a little better. Thanks!

Reactions: TULSARISING
That’s a pretty solid report, especially for someone who hasn’t been too high on Haith. So that makes me feel a little better. Thanks!
No problem, I was not very high on him at the beginning of the year last year, but towards the end, I saw the change take over. We just look too talented to not be good imo, but if we are not dancing this year, he needs to go. I have a feeling we will be dancing this year though. And it's just always a good time beating up on our big sister osu

Reactions: goldenhurricane2
Jeffries has always had a good 3 point shot.

I sure wish Korita would start making his shot he didn't make anything in the scrimmage He is a good passer and he could be great if he would start hitting

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT