ADVERTISEMENT

On to ORU

I feel like I'm reading a OSU board. Playing ORU is a lose lose for TU? Isn't that what OSU says about TU? I like the game, I do agree they need to guarantee that they are taking basketball serious (IE coaching and court upgrades) or the game will be at ren center every year.... But let's not act like OSU fans. This game should teach our boys you must take every game serious.

My guess is TU is dictating the date of the game, i.e., no students. But, if TU wants to dictate court improvements, that means moving the game. ORU has even less $$ to spend than TU.

Then that's what needs to happen.

Tulsa has a problem supporting anything but our players shouldn't have to play on a , water stained basketball court.

My opinion Kick the basketball season off playing each other and set the game to be right after a football game... Bring a football stub and get free admission with a free hotdog. Turn a Win win out of your guys "lose lose" gives the game some butts in the seats and gets some excitement

Sure would be cool after a football victory to have the football team come cheer on the .basketbbll team.

Last edited:

Tulsa has a problem supporting anything but our players shouldn't have to play on a , water stained basketball court.

My opinion Kick the basketball season off playing each other and set the game to be right after a football game... Bring a football stub and get free admission with a free hotdog. Turn a Win win out of your guys "lose lose" gives the game some butts in the seats and gets some excitement

Sure would be cool after a football victory to have the football team come cheer on the .basketbbll team.

We did that one year. It was exhausting. No thanks.

Honest question. Have you even been to BOK center? That place would lose a ton of money and the schools would have to reimburse it somehow. It’s a nice venue, but I don’t know why you’d ever raise the cost on this.

I wonder if the BOK also loses money on the High School Hoops Showcase. I would imagine that 8 HS games would draw more fans than a single college game, but all day tickets are only $5 and it’s got to cost a bit to have the place open all day.

It’s been a few years since i’ve been part of the HS booster club, but I am surprised that some of these schools are giving up the revenue of a regular season home game to participate. Maybe there’s a subsidy.

Last edited:
I feel like I'm reading a OSU board. Playing ORU is a lose lose for TU? Isn't that what OSU says about TU? I like the game, I do agree they need to guarantee that they are taking basketball serious (IE coaching and court upgrades) or the game will be at ren center every year.... But let's not act like OSU fans. This game should teach our boys you must take every game serious.
And also who would we play if not ORU? My guess is we wouldn’t have Kentucky or Villanova on the schedule. It would be Lamar or UTEP or Arkansas Pine Bluff. No thanks. ORU is better than those choices.

Reactions: HuffyCane
I wonder if the BOK also loses money on the High School Hoops Showcase. I would imagine that 8 HS games would draw more fans than a single college game, but all day tickets are only $5 and it’s got to cost a bit to have the place open all day.

It’s been a few years since i’ve been part of the HS booster club, but I am surprised that some of these schools are giving up the revenue of a regular season home game to participate. Maybe there’s a subsidy.
It isn’t unusual to see a requirement for a certain number of local school events as a condition for the bonds or tax incentives to build places like BOK. So it probably knocks out a bunch of those on a single day, if they are written in the fine print of how bok got built.

It isn’t unusual to see a requirement for a certain number of local school events as a condition for the bonds or tax incentives to build places like BOK. So it probably knocks out a bunch of those on a single day, if they are written in the fine print of how bok got built.

Wonder if there’s a tax write off also. If we played Mayor’s Cup there it would be like playing on Mars.

It's about the venue for the kids.

We raise money for NJs baseball team and we pay for the opportunity to play a game at the brick town ballpark. Some of these kids will never play in a bigger venue than their gym or park... NJ pitched a complete game win at the bricktown BP last yr and you would have thought he won a game at yankee stadium. Under the lights on a big league field... memories.

Reactions: Weatherdemon

Time was, the crowd keyed on the football players behind the hoop to figure out when to get loud. It would be nice to see that again.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT