ADVERTISEMENT

On to ORU

I'm old so check me if I am wrong, but didn't the huddle after a foul to set the defense that we see all the time now start with Nolan Richardson first teams at Tulsa?

If TU's objective is to get to the Big Dance then this series needs to be dumped. A win against ORU does not help us and a loss is a killer.
I totally understand where you are getting at, and right now, you are right, but if ORU gets back to being good, the series is good for the city of Tulsa.

Reactions: TulsaAM
I really don't see ORU ever getting real good again. There glory days are over and most likely won't be seen again. The Ken Trickey years were filled with NCAA violations that today's leaders at ORU would never tolerate.

Like I said earlier, ORU's game of the year. They came out slow, but were ready to play us tough. Their big inside and have consistent outside shooters. How do we manage to not have either?

I think I know what Haith thinks of this series. He was heading to the locker room and the players had to go get him to get the cup from the mayor. Game went as I expected, its their Super Bowl and they went on a run. Just glad to win this and get out.

There was a good TU group today. Section M was pretty full and there were other sections that had a lot of TU fans. It took the team 30 minutes to get into a rhythm but when they did the were able to put the Titans...err Golden Elis away.

I don't mind playing Oral Bob once a year.

I hate this game. I hate that ORU has a no-talent kid (two in the game) hit 4 and 5 3s to take the lead and make us sweat.

Beating a 300 NET does nothing to help TU. I would be thrilled if the series were cancelled or if TU would only play ORU in Reynolds every other year.

Everything about the Mabee Center is a total fail.

I hate this game. I hate that ORU has a no-talent kid (two in the game) hit 4 and 5 3s to take the lead and make us sweat.

Beating a 300 NET does nothing to help TU. I would be thrilled if the series were cancelled or if TU would only play ORU in Reynolds every other year.

I’ve been waiting for II’s every other year post about street shoes on the court.

Their court looks awful by the way. Skateland has a better surface. Cain’s after a Gwar show is a better surface. FIU’s forest on the court is a better surface.

Anyone else see the ORU cheerleader with the butt crack during their run? Did he get an exemption from fat class or something?

The ORU cheerleaders had short skirts, but o figured they had built in chastity belts.

Even without Voice, the PA there is a cheeseball deal.

Did you ever date someone who always had to have drama? Someone was sick, fighting, getting hit on, thinking of moving and on and on and always something? That’s our team. They like drama. They get bored with a simple, boring come out get ahead and cruise to easy victory game. It’s just who they are. The sooner we just accept that and enjoy they most of the time it results in a win, the happier we’ll be.

Did you ever date someone who always had to have drama? Someone was sick, fighting, getting hit on, thinking of moving and on and on and always something? That’s our team. They like drama. They get bored with a simple, boring come out get ahead and cruise to easy victory game. It’s just who they are. The sooner we just accept that and enjoy they most of the time it results in a win, the happier we’ll be.

I told my dad tonight that these guys may be forever known as the Cardiac Kids the way this season has been +/- 10 points all year.

Last edited:
If TU's objective is to get to the Big Dance then this series needs to be dumped. A win against ORU does not help us and a loss is a killer.

Or we suck it up... play a game good for the city and kick their ass...

Face it.. if we can't beat ORU, then we dont be long in the dance..

But if we play the nothing to gain and everything to lose catd.. well then we are no better the P5 programs that wont play us...

Say what you will, it was a fun atmosphere in there last night. That can only be good for the city. The TU fans made their dozens very angry. Anytime we can stick it to them, I say do it.

I think their big mistake was switching conferences twice. Whatever happened in the Southland really hurt them. It’s never been the same.

I’ve been waiting for II’s every other year post about street shoes on the court.

Their court looks awful by the way. Skateland has a better surface. Cain’s after a Gwar show is a better surface. FIU’s forest on the court is a better surface.

Anyone else see the ORU cheerleader with the butt crack during their run? Did he get an exemption from fat class or something?

The ORU cheerleaders had short skirts, but o figured they had built in chastity belts.

Even without Voice, the PA there is a cheeseball deal.

The court was bad... really bad. It really surprised me (I guess it shouldn’t have).

The game has potential to be good for the city. There was a decent crowd there last night (over 4K - which is more than double their largest crowd so far this year).

The Mabee Center needs some upgrades - it could be a nice place, but man, it’s a :crap:hole right now.

No matter how good TU is it how bad oru is, weird stuff always happens in this game. I’m glad we played well enough to get the win and get out of there last night.

Finally - my kid loved seeing Santa on our way out, so everyone left happy!

Say what you will, it was a fun atmosphere in there last night. That can only be good for the city. The TU fans made their dozens very angry. Anytime we can stick it to them, I say do it.

I think their big mistake was switching conferences twice. Whatever happened in the Southland really hurt them. It’s never been the same.

It usually is a good atmosphere.

I loved the ORU pep band"s cover of Rob Zombies "Dragula"... "Dig through the ditches and burn through the witches I slam in the back of my Dragula..."

Game should be played at BOK
Tarp off the upper bowl
Give tix away to every kids charity in the city and x% of all sales supports local boys/girls club.

Reactions: GoldenCaneKC
Game should be played at BOK
Tarp off the upper bowl
Give tix away to every kids charity in the city and x% of all sales supports local boys/girls club.

Honest question. Have you even been to BOK center? That place would lose a ton of money and the schools would have to reimburse it somehow. It’s a nice venue, but I don’t know why you’d ever raise the cost on this. And give tickets away for free. Bwahahahaha.

You need to take a break. You say generally mindless, baseless things but this one may be the silliest ever.

If the city of Tulsa cares less about the game then I don’t blame either school canceling it

Should be sold out every year

Speaking of threes, isn’t Jeffries money on that trailing three on the break? I bet his percentage on that particular shot is way higher than the ones taken in the half court offense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT