ADVERTISEMENT

OK State cheated...

Original TULSAFAN

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Oct 11, 2016
Got caught.
Now must pay the price.

And yet many cry, pray and ache for them.
Un'f'in-real.
My sky is Blue. I swear to all that is most Holy, many see pink poka-dots when they look up.

My concern is that Boynton may have not adequately informed his recruits of this possibility and has ruined post season hopes for them when they could have gone somewhere else. He knew this was a possibility as does Bill Self at Kansas at any time. This is not nearly as bad as the TU basketball post season ban under Tubby due to a track team violation, not even related to basketball. Think about that...........

My concern is that Boynton may have not adequately informed his recruits of this possibility and has ruined post season hopes for them when they could have gone somewhere else. He knew this was a possibility as does Bill Self at Kansas at any time. This is not nearly as bad as the TU basketball post season ban under Tubby due to a track team violation, not even related to basketball. Think about that...........
You are concerned? I guarantee he didn't mention it or said it was zero risk.

Law poke, deep in denial, enjoy the Cryboys
Boynton worked with Evans at SC and were on the same staff that cheated under Underwood as OSU coaches and Boynton KNEW NOTHING, NOTHING I SAY. But he puts on a good cry.

Reactions: goldfan83
Law poke, deep in denial, enjoy the Cryboys
Boynton worked with Evans at SC and were on the same staff that cheated under Underwood as OSU coaches and Boynton KNEW NOTHING, NOTHING I SAY. But he puts on a good cry.
The logic of a head coach approving of an assistant promising money to his best player if he LEAVES the program escapes me….but carry on. I’m sure every HC would be fine with that situation.

tenor.gif

I’m not a Cowboys fan, but what they did is 1/50th as bad as the violations at KU, UNC, and LSU.

…but OSU is penalized. 4-5 years later.

Reactions: goldfan83
I’m not a Cowboys fan, but what they did is 1/50th as bad as the violations at KU, UNC, and LSU.

…but OSU is penalized. 4-5 years later.
When this all finally shakes out with KU your likely correct. I'm just assuming that the infraction committee didn't see Boynton as innocent, but lacked proof to the contrary and used the hammer on the Pokes.

Reactions: t-townpod
The logic of a head coach approving of an assistant promising money to his best player if he LEAVES the program escapes me….but carry on. I’m sure every HC would be fine with that situation.
I suspect the coaching staffs ‘know’ or at least hear rumors about every infraction

I suspect the coaching staffs ‘know’ or at least hear rumors about every infraction
I suspect the exception to that rule would be where an assistant coach is working to entice the school’s best players to leave the program. No head coach is going to allow such conduct as it hurts his program. Being an NCAA violation would the the least of the head coach’s concern when his assistant is actively working against the best interest of his head coach and program.

The post season ban was enacted over a year ago and the recruits surely were told about that. Boynton just thought an appeal would be successful. Appeals rarely are upheld in any field of law or business.

Reactions: drboobay
To be fair, there is of course no proof that I Boynton cheated.
however, other schools that were caught in the same situation, I’m thinking of Arizona, Southern Cal and South Carolina, voluntarily imposed a one time suspension from the NCAA tournaments. OsU however, decided to appeal, obviously because they hired the brother of Cade Cunningham
The number one recruit knowing they would make the NCAA tournament. I think the NCAA committee understood that OSU deliberately avoided the same penalty other schools got to have a chance at the NCAA. Of course, OSU won one game in the tournament and finished fifth in the big 12. Not in my mind a great outcome for the program which underachieved Particularly compared to our rivals in South Tulsa oral Roberts.
I continue believe that Boynton is a snake oil salesman Who has a charmed his Fanbase without the results that would support it and is likely a cheater.

i did not respect The results last year for OSU because I thought they had cheated.
I realize that hiring the bro was technically not a violation but I thought it was scummy

And I’m not an OSU hater but as long as Boynton is there maybe yes but only in basketball

Personally, who cares? This is a TU board. We all know the ncaa is arbitrary from our own hardship waiver experiences and our probation years ago. So what is new here and why discuss it here?

But they put themselves on probation voluntarily assuming I’m recalling this correctly
So what is your point? OSU gamed the probation by appealing to get a free season with a nepotism star
We can just agree to disagree whether the OSU program is scummy

But they put themselves on probation voluntarily assuming I’m recalling this correctly
So what is your point? OSU gamed the probation by appealing to get a free season with a nepotism star
My point was one of clarification that neither South Carolina or Southern Cal received a one year suspension…and yes, agree to disagree on Boynton. I’m a fan.

In 4 years Boynton's conference record is 31-41. That would get a lot of coaches fired for not performing after 4 years. Good athletes, poor performance.

Reactions: TU 1978
It was Auburn and Arizona that put on self imposed bans.

In 4 years Boynton's conference record is 31-41. That would get a lot of coaches fired for not performing after 4 years. Good athletes, poor performance.
Boynton is more engaged with the community, alums, and student body than any coach I can recall. As such, he has built up a considerable amount of goodwill with the Admin. If he doesn’t start winning at a higher rate he’s going to need every bit of that goodwill btw.

This just adds fuel to the fire that Hudgins lit by floating the possibility of separating the P5 schools from the NCAA and starting their own tourney..

The big schools wont tolerate being told what to do by a governing body that isnt run by the 5 families.

Boynton is more engaged with the community, alums, and student body than any coach I can recall. As such, he has built up a considerable amount of goodwill with the Admin. If he doesn’t start winning at a higher rate he’s going to need every bit of that goodwill btw.
Sounds like he’s the Stillwater version of Haith, except for Tulsa not being put on probation and Haith having a winning record.

Sounds like he’s the Stillwater version of Haith, except for Tulsa not being put on probation and Haith having a winning record.
He is nothing like Haith although they do have the same number of NCAA career tourney wins :)

• Haha
Reactions: TULSARISING
TU would have many more wins vs State but after losing 3 of 4 and TU hiring Self
chicken drink Eddie decided he could not play a team coached by a former State player. I called BS but Eddie got his desire to avoid us.
I still don’t respect the program particularly because of the big eye crier fraud coach.
Sure they love him. He knows how to work the gullible rubes.

Reactions: TU 1978
UNC cheated for thirty years. NCAA concludes that athletes didn't get an academic advantage because( wait for it), tutors were cheating for regular UNC students as well as athletes.

Possible the lamest excuse I've ever heard of through the years.

Look for KU to get a slap on the wrist as well.

GO TU!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT