ADVERTISEMENT

ok magazine athletics/roughnecks/mls article

tufan4eva

I.T.S. Redshirt Freshman
Aug 30, 2013
Not indepth but some good tid bits. The athletics are 30th over all in soccer, we are a top ten team outside the mls in attendance. We are expected to move up on that list next season. Very soon we may challenge mls teams in attendance there are plans to upgrade drillers stadium including amenities. That sort of showing will attract attention, we could be a portland like team. Gritty middle level players, strong team ethic, dedicated rabid fan support that makes them super tough at home. The mls is definitely expanding and looking for a few things. Strong fan/community support, check past is unbelievable, present is damn good. Soccer only stadium, check, it appears the move of the minor league baseball downtown may be an even bigger success than originally thought. Local well backed ownership 1/2 check, the money is here and with a proven product the locals with money and influence love puttin tulsa on the big stage. Good market size check, top fifty with great support and large deep local pool of soccer faithful will cover our slightly smaller size. See recent epl viewership. Got to make th bid soon tho mls has said 5 teams next 6 years or so. Orlando seems to be on deck right now.

that roughneck swag

Both men and women's programs at tu are brought up as a bridge and anchor for soccer in the region/state. Oru's get an honorable mentio

Actually read that last night. It was certainly nice to get some pub, even if the story was written by someone and for someone with no futbol knowledge. A few facts were off, but I ain't gonna bitch about b/c any pub is good pub.

The 1983 reunion is actually open to the public at $75 a pop. I was hoping my band would be asked to come play our "Victory in '83" song so we could get in for free. But regardless, I'll be there. Not sure how many former players will be able to make it. I believe the invite list isn't limited to guys on the 83 roster. Not sure if Terry Hennesy will be there or not since he lives in Australia nowadays.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT